Will Adelaide call upon Callinan?

Started by n4cr123, June 21, 2011, 06:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4cr123

Chances of this gu playing this week?? The super footy barometer suggests he will get the gig this week... Any Adelaide supporters hav any more info?

Windigo

tappy21

heard on adelaide radio this arvo that now scotty stevens is gone callinan's likely to be elevated, maybe as soon as tomorrow...keep an eye on the news websites

Fenno

Hasn't been elevated yet but there is a spot for him to be elevated so he could be a chance. I recon he will spend 1 more week in the SANFL but I could be wrong.

Windigo

I'll wait until he has played 2 weeks in the AFL before making a trade decision.

Alka

Bringing him in this week I think, need the MPP and can't go past his low price.
About time I got rid of spud Richo anyway.

Chelskiman

I'll get him in, but I might wait a week or two so Hibberd can make me some more cash.  Then I'll trade Hibberd to Callinan, and use that cash to hopefully upgrade Yarran to Fyfe.  Great idea in theory, so let's hope nothing goes wrong between now and then!

CuStArDaRm

Yeh this might be a rare time i bring someone straight in if named purely because of the extra cash i can use and Mpp.

someguy

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on June 21, 2011, 07:35:19 PM
Yeh this might be a rare time i bring someone straight in if named purely because of the extra cash i can use and Mpp.

+1

I need him in so I can move Mzungu from my mids to cover Buddy and the extra cash to get Pendles!!

McRooster

Played solidly for Centrals. His best patches were good enough to suggest he was ready but it will be stringing those patches together to show he is ready for the step up to AFL.
He is sure to be elevated but will need a couple more SANFL games to condition his match impact role he is destined for.

Look for Daniel Talia to come in for stronger consideraton after good form at South. Phil Harper (Crows Communications Manager) has said on radio that "Talia will play 4-6 games this season at least" and "we want to have a good look at him after showing good form at South" - future planning is that Talia will have a Stevens type role.

Slap

A lot of people here think he will play, it would be stupid for Adelaide to get an old trooper like Callinan if they didn't expect him to play in the immediate future.  After recovering form an injury, I'd imagine he'd be debuting in the latter stages of the year.  I doubt I'd be using him for points, but more for MPP flexibility and a cash generating downgrade.

That being said, I can't remember who it was, but they had a valid opinion in saying adelaide recruited him with top 8 in mind, they *may not* play him basically because that appears out of reach, and instead will focus on giving younger kids a run.

elephants

Quote from: Alka on June 21, 2011, 06:51:25 PM
Bringing him in this week I think, need the MPP and can't go past his low price.
Yeah exactly what i'm doing. I want to start mzungu and smith to cover N. Riewoldt and buddy and i can only do that if i bring in Ian-man.

Ago97

Quote from: elephants on June 21, 2011, 09:39:19 PM
Yeah exactly what i'm doing. I want to start mzungu and smith to cover N. Riewoldt and buddy and i can only do that if i bring in Ian-man.
but isnt richo playing some really good vfl footy atm?
doesnt this suggest he should be bak soon

Windigo

QuoteI want to start mzungu and smith

I can do that already.  ;D

elephants

Quote from: Ago97 on June 21, 2011, 09:55:29 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 21, 2011, 09:39:19 PM
but isnt richo playing some really good vfl footy atm?
doesnt this suggest he should be bak soon
Yeah, he isn't being named and Jamie MacMillan will return soon and with no injuries from the game, i'm not so sure....
Quote from: Windigo on June 21, 2011, 09:58:33 PM
QuoteI want to start mzungu and smith

I can do that already.  ;D
Cheeky ;)