Knights to Howe, Heppell to Fisher?

Started by Proudy1032, June 21, 2011, 12:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudy1032

Thoughts? Team is.

Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Stanley, Goddard, Heppell, Poo (Adcock, Jacobs, Toy)

Murphy, Boyd, Shiels, Swan, Bartel, Monty ( Hibberd, Atley, Smith)

Cox, Smith (Bailey, Tippet)

Petrie, Knights, Franklin, Sylvia, Roo, Fyfe, Higgins (Richo, Prestia, Mzungu)

Fenno

You have missed Howes price rise now so I wouldn't be getting him maybe have a look at Callinan instead he won't be far away from playing

Andrew

Fenno, I've got a similar problem. Here's my full team with Sandilands and everyone back:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, H. Shaw, Suckling, Enright, Delideo, Adcock (HEPPELL, Lower, Toy)
MID: Swan, Thompson, Ablett, Boyd, Iles, Chapman (Jacobs, Nicholson, I.Smith)
RUCK: Cox, Sandilands (J.Tippett, McCauley)
FOR: Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Goodes, Petrie (Howe, Mzungu, KNIGHTS)

5 trades, $234.6k, aiming for DT league win after losing Eliminator

On the face of it, I don't need Sylvia, as easy as Knights -> Sylvia would be. So would this be a good week to downgrade Knights -> Callinan, and also look at Heppell -> Pendlebury/Mitchell in midfield? I was planning on playing a MID/FOR premium in midfield, but if I downgrade Knights this week and I can get a MID premium also and then next week upgrade Iles.

Fenno

Quote from: Andrew on June 21, 2011, 01:04:25 PM
Fenno, I've got a similar problem. Here's my full team with Sandilands and everyone back:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, H. Shaw, Suckling, Enright, Delideo, Adcock (HEPPELL, Lower, Toy)
FOR: Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Goodes, Petrie (Howe, Mzungu, KNIGHTS)

On the face of it, I don't need Sylvia, as easy as Knights -> Sylvia would be. So would this be a good week to downgrade Knights -> Callinan, and also look at Heppell -> Pendlebury/Mitchell in midfield? I was planning on playing a MID/FOR premium in midfield, but if I downgrade Knights this week and I can get a MID premium also and then next week upgrade Iles.
I do like those trades but with only 5 trades left it may hurt your league chances if you get some LTI. So as much as it would hurt I wouldn't be trading at all for a while and save your trades for finals time.

Slap

Fisher has a bye this week.  Unless your doing it to save the price drop on heppell.

Quote from: Fenno on June 21, 2011, 01:45:47 PM

I do like those trades but with only 5 trades left it may hurt your league chances if you get some LTI. So as much as it would hurt I wouldn't be trading at all for a while and save your trades for finals time.

I agreee with fenno here.  Although, if you have some tough matchups and find a gun at the right price, I'd consider doing one upgrade trade with your cash.  That'd leave you with four trades.  Which would probably give you two downgrades and two upgrades..  Make a plan as to which two rookies will earn you the most money/won't be there due to finals byes (Heppell etc.)  Also picture what guns you want and stick to you plan.  Obviously try and orientate your plan to exercise your trades in the final weeks of the year.  The rest is up to you.

Andrew

Thanks for your thoughts. I just feel like Knights is doing me nothing and has to be moved on this week. Knights -> Callinan and maybe just keep it to that...

I am worried about Heppell dropping in price but I could easily hold him until finals as he's dual position and should return to high scoring eventually..? He's a tough call this week but I see people with more trades than me holding him, so I probably should...

Browny16

With only 5 trades left you shouldn't really be looking at downgrading especially with 234k in the bank. I would be still trade Knights to Sylvia (At his current price its too hard to turn him down) and simply use DPP with Smith and start him in the midfield.

This trade should leave you with approx 190k, given Iles good score on the weekend he should go up even more, with your cash you could trade him to Pendlebury. That leaves you with 3 trades for LTI and a spare M/F premium on your bench to balance out BYEs or small injuries

Andrew

Quote from: Browny16 on June 21, 2011, 02:23:19 PM
With only 5 trades left you shouldn't really be looking at downgrading especially with 234k in the bank. I would be still trade Knights to Sylvia (At his current price its too hard to turn him down) and simply use DPP with Smith and start him in the midfield.

This trade should leave you with approx 190k, given Iles good score on the weekend he should go up even more, with your cash you could trade him to Pendlebury. That leaves you with 3 trades for LTI and a spare M/F premium on your bench to balance out BYEs or small injuries

That'd mean I'd have 9 forward premiums and have one stuck in midfield with no cash in the bank. In terms of byes, after this weekend I only have to worry about Hawks round 17 (Franklin/Suckling) and from round 20 Bulldogs, North & Geelong byes (Boyd, Petrie, Chapman/Enright) in my forward line so I really don't think I need more depth there, particularly when I've got the high-scoring Howe?

The option I'm favouring is Knights -> Callinan (nearly 200k raised) and have 4 trades with 430k in the bank, Iles -> Pendlebury brings that down to hopefully just above $200k with 3 trades in the bank, 1 midfield upgrade when I'm ready but playing a premium MID/FOR there in the meantime.

I think the 2nd option is better for me, but thanks for your perspective Sylvia is damn cheap to overlook, no doubt...