Main Menu

knights

Started by unceramonius, June 21, 2011, 07:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unceramonius

with 70 k in the bank, who would be the best option to get for knights.

i have chapman,sylvia,franklin,n.riewoldt,goodes,fyfe,didak,lynch,c.richardson

(petrie in rucks,but plan to bring him forward)

so how about higgins? is about 40 k more, and scored a lot more tons than knights. however both likely to go off with a headache.

n4cr123

With all those forwards I'd he looking at downgrading him and spending the $$ elsewhere

Chelskiman

Quote from: n4cr123 on June 21, 2011, 07:44:06 AM
With all those forwards I'd he looking at downgrading him and spending the $$ elsewhere

+1

Post the rest of your team, mate, so we can have a look to see if you need to make any upgrades in other lines.

Slap

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 21, 2011, 11:56:39 AM
Quote from: n4cr123 on June 21, 2011, 07:44:06 AM

+1

Post the rest of your team, mate, so we can have a look to see if you need to make any upgrades in other lines.

+2.

I know knights is giving everyone headaches atm, based purely on all the posts on FF.  But I personally think he'll be good cover for the remainder of the season.  The only reason why i'd trade him out before Krak, Prestia, Mzungu, Lynch, etc. would be because I needed the extra 10-20k.

plugz19

why dont you downgrade knights to j tippet?
then you can move petri into the forwardline like u wanted to

Andrew

Thought this was relevant to the problem listed in the first post. My forward line currently is:

FOR: Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Goodes, Chapman (Howe, J.Tippett, KNIGHTS)

With Petrie covering for Sandilands in ruck. So as much as I'd love to do Knights -> Sylvia, he's better downgraded to Callinan and getting mid premiums in midfield, instead of being in a situation where you have to play a premium MID/FOR in midfield. First 4 rounds, maybe a good strategy. Last 4 rounds, definately not.

Slap

Quote from: Andrew on June 21, 2011, 01:07:57 PM
Thought this was relevant to the problem listed in the first post. My forward line currently is:

FOR: Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Goodes, Chapman (Howe, J.Tippett, KNIGHTS)

With Petrie covering for Sandilands in ruck. So as much as I'd love to do Knights -> Sylvia, he's better downgraded to Callinan and getting mid premiums in midfield, instead of being in a situation where you have to play a premium MID/FOR in midfield. First 4 rounds, maybe a good strategy. Last 4 rounds, definately not.

8)  Premo Forwards are better in the forward line, there are much more premo mid options available in the midfield.  Playing Premo forwards in your mids will probably lean out your forward line.  Conversely, the same argument can be posed for the backline mpp's.

unceramonius

thanks for the advice guys..........heres the team

goddard, gibbs, adcock, deledio,suckling, heppel, lower (puopolo,jacobs,hibberd)

swan, pendlebury, ablett,boyd, montagna, bartell (mzungu,evans,callinan)

cox, petrie  (smith, keefe)

sylvia,riewoldt, franklin, chapman, fyfe, goodes, knights (didak, c.richardson, lynch)

with 70 k in the bank

unceramonius

i actually like that idea of knights to tippet, to bring petrie to forwards. would let me trade heppel to shaw, then lower to fisher following week.

however by doing this, maybe im leaving my forward line thin, when petrie is gone week one of finals? ...just dunno if higgins will average much more than knights to be honest, and pav doesnt excite me either.

hmm decisions....lol.

do we all see smith as a legitamate 2nd ruck man up to the finals?

Stocutz

Higgins should ave over 20pts more than knights...

unceramonius

any other thoughts?

Memphistopheles

I think your best options are a bye-less Brennan or Cloke if you can afford them. Both have great JS, aren't too injury prone and should score 80+ a week for you.

Higgins and Rioli are higher risk options.

elephants

Brennan as a really unique pick? i wouldn't trust him though.... :(

dtboy

Downgrade Knights for Jeremy Howe

Andrew

Quote from: unceramonius on June 21, 2011, 05:57:08 PM
i actually like that idea of knights to tippet, to bring petrie to forwards.

I feel sorry for you if you like that idea. Just look at Tippett's season this year and last, I hope that makes you dislike that idea..! He only looked good against the undermanned/undersized Bulldogs defence, otherwise he's a soft hack who gets injured every 2nd week.