Is it time for Heppell to bite the dust??

Started by nostradamus, June 20, 2011, 11:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

i'm starting to think that its time to move heppell on

....his scores are dropping, as is his price
....only young, and season seems to be taking its toll
....will miss DT grandfinal, and will need to be traded anyway

....am thinkin of getting in shaw, suckling or birchall.....leaning towards shaw

what do you think guys (and girls)??

callum111

love the idea mate im doing the same thing towards shaw, sucko if u want uniqueness or even malceski poor score last week due to role change but it wont happen again

Ziplock

I'm considering trading heppell as well, as you said, he needs to go rd 24 anyway. I'm considering downgrading him and simply playing other rookies such as hibberd, puopolo, jacobs in his place all the way until round 24.

bob321

Who would you downgrade him to? Slim pickings at the moment.

SLICE n DICE

Slap

Quote from: SLICE n DICE on June 21, 2011, 10:53:42 AM
heppell to suckling for me
+1  I'll be doing the same move.

Quote from: bob321 on June 21, 2011, 09:56:02 AM
Who would you downgrade him to? Slim pickings at the moment.

If you have a great, solid and reliable backline that has heaps of cover and MPP - I wouldnt hesitate bringing in the cheapest back as a downgrade option in the latter part of the season. 

Lucky for me though, I double downgraded last week so I have 250k in the pocket.  I get to double upgrade this week ;D

Chelskiman

Quote from: Slap on June 21, 2011, 12:14:40 PMLucky for me though, I double downgraded last week so I have 250k in the pocket.  I get to double upgrade this week ;D

Same, I have $220,000 in the bank.  I'm thinking Shaw and Sylvia might be good additions to my team this week. :)

Slap

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 21, 2011, 12:17:03 PM
Quote from: Slap on June 21, 2011, 12:14:40 PMLucky for me though, I double downgraded last week so I have 250k in the pocket.  I get to double upgrade this week ;D

Same, I have $220,000 in the bank.  I'm thinking Shaw and Sylvia might be good additions to my team this week. :)

Same, except Suckling for me atm.  I hate the fact shaw has burnt me so many times before.  But I suppose so has collingwood to their supporters when they couldn't win premierships - maybe things have changed.

Andrew

I don't have enough trades to move on Heppell, he was always 7th back and sitting there as a luxury upgrade if scores dropped off, but I've got Lower as well to play infront of him - and Nicholson who'll be a starter if he scores another 90!

Only defenders worth upgrading to who don't cop DT finals byes are Suckling & Sam Fisher, and Fisher has a bye of course. So a good opportunity for those who don't have Suckling to go Heppell -> Suckling...

mikeg12

Andrew

Quote from: mikeg12 on June 21, 2011, 01:02:15 PM
Heppell out, Suckling in for me

So easy done for those who don't have Suckling already. No other premium DEF worth upgrading to this week, taking into consideration byes and DT finals byes.

What about Heppell -> Pendlebury for those with an already complete defence?

Slap

Quote from: Andrew on June 21, 2011, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: mikeg12 on June 21, 2011, 01:02:15 PM
Heppell out, Suckling in for me

So easy done for those who don't have Suckling already. No other premium DEF worth upgrading to this week, taking into consideration byes and DT finals byes.

What about Heppell -> Pendlebury for those with an already complete defence?

Anyone to pendlebury will probably see you increase your points.  Heppell to pendlebury specifically is a good trade.

But if your lean on cash and trades, perhaps focus on grabbing fallen guns.  Like Montagna.  But obviously there is more risk there.  (he will fall close to 280-300k), which is super tasty considering he has a favourable lineup down the stretch and averaged 115 last season)..   He cant get any worse surely.

Ziplock

I would lose my mid/bac dpp if I did that.

I'll shift around the DT site sometime soon and see if I can find a 2 gamer worth looking at.

Slap

perhaps look at downgrading to a rookie with MPP that probably will not play a game.  If you have significant cover and are needing cash for your upgrades.  The cheapest MPP rookie could be an option.  I'm not saying its the best one, but its often an option that is neglected.

Ziplock

yeah, I've been considering that.

like the jippett switch basically?