Please help, what should i do with trades this week??!!!

Started by LEV, June 20, 2011, 09:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LEV

please help with me! there are literally 10 different things i want to do this week with trades.  What are my best options, getting a migraine!!!  Here is the team

backs
Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, H Shaw, Broughton, Lower, Hibberd (Puopolo, Pederson, Otten)

mids
Murphy, Boyd, Pendlebury, Jelwood, Hodge, Higgins (Heppell, Smith, Callinan)

rucks
Cox, Sandi (Bailey, Derickx)

forwards
Fyfe, Stevie J, Franklin, Pav, Goodes, Chappy, N Roo (J Roo, Lynch, Mzungu)

Dont know whether i should get sylvia in with his price (then i wont get gaz or swan cause ill have too many premiums).  Do i work on my defense this week? trade out heppell? What do i do next week when WCE have bye for cox cover in ruck?  not sure.....please help!!!!!!!!!!

thanks all :)

LEV

pies101

i would say work on your defence and you can cover fwds this week, be def bit light without goddard. plus you need to work ou if you wanna upgrade heppell as a def or mid

Slap

Are you going for overall or a league win?  Do you have cash in the bank?

Sylvia is at a tempting price if you want to risk him.  I think I might this week, he is too tasty with his MPP to pass up.

Your team looks reasonably solid.  Your forwards look complete, rucks are complete.  Mids have some holes in it like Selwood and Hodge and Higgins - but I wouldnt be trading them out yet.

And your backs are probably the area that needs most improvement.  I'd look at swapping Hibberd and Heppell around and upgrading heppell, double trade with Lower if you have to.

I wouldnt be getting sylvia, not with your team.  You need bonafide Guns like Swan/GAJ etc.

Also, if your going for the league win.. consider trading out some guns for guns come finals time - so you'll need to save trades.  I say this cos you have a lot of players that have byes in the finals - Murphy, Jelwood, Heppell, Hibberd, Pederson, Gibbs, Stevie J, Chappy.

Anyway, just make a final plan and trade accordingly to achieve that plan.

LEV

i think overall is now a little out of my reach (850 points behind, ranked 861 overall).  I am still in the eliminator, so really want to try and do well.  So now probably just trying to win league which i am sitting 4th in.

i was thinking about trading heppell and lower out this week like you suggested. I have 350k also, so should be able to get two guns in.  Even though fisher has a bye, i dont want to lose value from heppell. I have the cover, so might do two trades.

Am so tempted to trade out selwood to gaj this week.

What do you think?

Thanks for reply

hardnut

you've only got 2 more head to head rounds to get through with Selwood. I you were going to trade for GAJ it should have been last week imo.

On Sylvia is anyone concerned about is role, he's playing as forward now with Scully, Trengove, McKenzie, Moloney pushing him out of the middle. He's dangerous in this role and has racked up huge DT numbers before but his consistency is way down...just a thought.

I regards to a short term trade I'd like to see a Lower>Fisher move after the bye. Fisher is a beast now Gilbert is rubbish he's even better.

Slap

if i were in your position, i'd still be going for overall.  Especially with your amount of outs during league finals.  If your going for overall, you dont have to worry about multi bye rounds - because your not worried about the league games (or lack of) but rather the total points scored by your team.

Your in a better position that I, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.  I traded out Selwood last week.  But that is because I am purely focused on winning cash in my league.  Im sure he will be on fire when he gets back.  He will be training hard at the moment.. and wanting to prove himself when he gets back.  I'm picturing Chris Judd at the beginning of last year - check his stats after he came back from suspension in round 4.

Perhaps hit up Heppell and Lower up with upgrades.

They both has reasonably high BE's (relative to their averages) and you'll obviously juice your team up.  If you get Swan/GAJ you can always move Higgins to your fwds for Mzungu later to make room for the guns.

Upgrading Lower will help you cope with Goddard being out this week.  Upgrading Heppell will cover Jelwood for a while.  But the one thing you lose is your MPP with your backs.  But with Smith, Higgins and Callinan in your mids, you should be able to swap them around with your fwds to cover your mids.  Your backs should be ok, Otten, Pederson and Puopolo are all playing.

LEV

Sammocorw

Heppell to Swan & Lower to Suckling if there is enough cash to do so.