Can you beat this midfield?

Started by Memphistopheles, June 20, 2011, 03:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alka

That is a hell of a midfield. I agree, probably the best you can have right now.
That said, I'm not entirely convinced on Mitchell, he'll score well but CAN be tagged out of a game so I'd expect a few <100 scores from him, which you won't get from the others.

For the final spot I'd be a toss up between Mitchell, Thompson or Redden for me.

Windigo

There is nothing wrong with Redden.

But he is in doubt for this week.  :'(

SLICE n DICE

swan,pendles,ablett,boyd,a,swallow,m.murphy

bjay2308

i chose the wrong carlton midfielder i guess - pendles, swan, boyd, judd, thompson, ablett

elephants

Swan, Boyd, Mitchell, Gazza, Murphy, Rockliffe

Not sure how it sizes up but my forward line is my strong point ;)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 20, 2011, 03:09:55 PM
This week I’m trading in Pendles and next week I will be getting Swan.

I am absolutely salivating at the thought of my final midfield, and will have them all on the field in weeks 15, 16, 18, 21, 22 and 24 barring injury/suspension.

Can anyone beat this midfield?

Ablett, Swan, Boyd, M Murphy, Pendlebury and Mitchell

I am expecting 770 points from my midfield per week (110 each plus one of them captain every week = min 110x2) and if they all score above average I could get 850-900 points from them.

What are your final midfields like?
so in other words you are saying that after 13 rounds you only have 4 premium midfielders, so u still need 3-4 trades to get that mid set-up. seems to me thats the first thing that should have been completed(since it makes the most points)
maybe i have missed the point in this post,but what a side will look like in a few weeks time(if,maybe,as long as,barring injuries/suspensions) between now and then.  i could just post the best 7 forwards and say in 5 trades/3 weeks time that will be my forward set-up

fidou

Don't you think DT will be boring next year with the midfield set 6 with 2 subs. Its been a revelation this year as everyone has had to think about there bench with all the byes. I have found it quite exciting each week thinking about my bench and who to play on the field. Perhaps the DT boys need to put a spanner in the works to make it as good next year. Perhaps a Capt in each part ot the field (back, mid, ruck, for). Any thoughts we need to sow the seed.!!!!!!!

Ziplock

I like the byes and the sub rule.

there I said it.

upthemaidens

Quote from: fidou on June 20, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
Don't you think DT will be boring next year with the midfield set 6 with 2 subs. Its been a revelation this year as everyone has had to think about there bench with all the byes. I have found it quite exciting each week thinking about my bench and who to play on the field. Perhaps the DT boys need to put a spanner in the works to make it as good next year. Perhaps a Capt in each part ot the field (back, mid, ruck, for). Any thoughts we need to sow the seed.!!!!!!!
fidou, why dont you start a new thread about possible changes that could be done next year, im sure people will have some good ideas. u never know maybe peeps at champion data read forums for feedback.
i kind of like the 3 subs on the bench.   a captain in each position would be interesting,  maybe a vice-captain that get 50% more points along with the normal captain that gets double.   maybe a cap on the amount of players from a certain team or have more mpp players.  in some ways i'll almost miss not having the byes

Alka

I'll miss the byes. I've found it fun having this extra factor in there, something that weighs in on trade decisions a little more and rewards those with more pre-planning (i.e. those of us who bother to make spreadsheets and such :)).

bjay2308

i hate the byes but dont mind the sub rule. i just wish teams had to name their sub before lockout. captains in each possie could be an interesting spanner in the works.

SLICE n DICE

sorry guys capt in each possie is silly having a capt is all about trying to pick the 1 guy in your team who is going to score the best not the best 3 or 4 just throws the whole captain thing out the window. its 1 or none imo it you f... it up too bad you dont get a second or third chance  ::)

elephants

I like the byes but i hate the sub rule :P

They should keep the byes next year i reckon.

glynman90

Quote from: elephants on June 20, 2011, 09:14:40 PM

How could they have byes with an even number of teams? Unless 2 teams had a bye each week but that would be pointless.

elephants

Quote from: glynman90 on June 20, 2011, 09:20:28 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 20, 2011, 09:14:40 PM

How could they have byes with an even number of teams? Unless 2 teams had a bye each week but that would be pointless.
Yeah two teams could have a bye, it's not pointless either. Teams do enjoy the week off. Also it separates the men from the boys so to speak when it comes to fantasy football.