Can you beat this midfield?

Started by Memphistopheles, June 20, 2011, 03:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

This week I’m trading in Pendles and next week I will be getting Swan.

I am absolutely salivating at the thought of my final midfield, and will have them all on the field in weeks 15, 16, 18, 21, 22 and 24 barring injury/suspension.

Can anyone beat this midfield?

Ablett, Swan, Boyd, M Murphy, Pendlebury and Mitchell

I am expecting 770 points from my midfield per week (110 each plus one of them captain every week = min 110x2) and if they all score above average I could get 850-900 points from them.

What are your final midfields like?

glynman90

This is my current midfield:

Murphy, Boyd, Thompson, Ablett, Swan and Pendlebury.

Probably one of the best going around now but it has cost me many trades to get there.

Chelskiman

Pendlebury, Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Thompson, Montagna

Damn Joey letting me down this year, otherwise that would have been a very solid midfield.

SydneyRox

Yeah, I have been let down a bit by starting Bartel, Joey and Swan. Have brought in Boyd and Murphy since which has helped.

Will bring Pendles in this week and I am done, no point sideways trading either Jimmy or Joey IMO

Murphy, Boyd, Pendles, Swan, Bartel, Joey

Eagle boy

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 20, 2011, 03:14:06 PM

Damn Joey letting me down this year, otherwise that would have been a very solid midfield.
I have this exact midfield.

Memphis, I wouldn't be expecting any specific amount of points per round because chances are that they won't all fire every week. The short answer to your question is yes.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Eagle boy on June 20, 2011, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on June 20, 2011, 03:14:06 PM

I have this exact midfield.

Memphis, I wouldn't be expecting any specific amount of points per round because chances are that they won't all fire every week. The short answer to your question is yes.

Yes you can beat that midfield?

Please list your contender. because your current midfield i would say Murphy > Thompson and Mitchell > Montagna.

Andrew

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 20, 2011, 03:09:55 PM

I am absolutely salivating at the thought of my final midfield, and will have them all on the field in weeks 15, 16, 18, 21, 22 and 24 barring injury/suspension.

I am expecting 770 points from my midfield per week (110 each plus one of them captain every week = min 110x2) and if they all score above average I could get 850-900 points from them.

I think that's the best midfield possible this season, minus Swan with his game missed and poor scoring the fortnight beforehand. But from here on in you'd have to have Swan for sure so top 6 from now, nicely done. My finished midfield will be:

Pendlebury, Swan, Ablett, Thompson, Boyd, and a MID/FOR premium (Chappy/Sylvia/Goodes - could get another MID premium late on but struggling for trades).

LF

anyones midfield can beat someone elses.it just depends what happens on the day.
so yes your midfield is beatable.

Lekdog

My Midfield; Pendlebury, Swan, Judd, Ablett, Mitchell, Bartel (Curnow, Harris, Wright)...Mitchell was Mundy

mwaxo

Mine atm I am very happy with.

Pendles, swan, boyd, selwood, murphy, watson

If only I could get them all on the park at the same time!

thanme

I was thinking, if I could put a DT midfield together today, with no issue of trade/$$, that's probably what I'd pick.

Mine is currently Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Montagna, Thompson, Redden (Prestia, Jacobs, Hibberd)

matt_mohl

Pretty Happy with My Current Midfield

Dane Swan, Pendlebury, Trent Cotchin, Josh Kennedy, Marc Murphy, Gary Ablett - Shane Savage, Sam Illes and Mzungu on the bench.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on June 20, 2011, 03:46:22 PM

I think that's the best midfield possible this season, minus Swan with his game missed and poor scoring the fortnight beforehand. But from here on in you'd have to have Swan for sure so top 6 from now, nicely done. My finished midfield will be:

Pendlebury, Swan, Ablett, Thompson, Boyd, and a MID/FOR premium (Chappy/Sylvia/Goodes - could get another MID premium late on but struggling for trades).

I did have Selwood previously who would have been in the six (not sure for who though, probably Mitchell) but his suspension means he misses out.

Windigo

Swan, Boyd, Mitchell, Ablett, Redden & A.Swallow.

The last 2 are my "game breakers."  :P

plugz19

ablett, pendles, swan, thompson, boyd and bartel

if bartel was mitchell/murphy i'd be stoked
but more pressing issues with the team compared to sideays trading premiums