shaw V fisher V ???

Started by chappo44, June 20, 2011, 02:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple- Which defender should I get

Shaw, as he has finished his byes, good team but can still get tagged out of it
Fisher, get him after his bye, decent form but plays for a struggling team
Birchall, could be a good pick up in a few weeks after hawks second bye. easy run

chappo44

I already have the usual crowd down back and am pretty much looking to finish off my backline with one of these players. Who will be the best long term. I know shaw is a roller coaster but seems to be somewhat more consistent then last year. Also open for other suggestions but can not get in scotland due to his bye.
Thanks
*note, with shaw finished his bye now I will be having him play instead of lower, where as if I hold off on shaw and get fisher i will have to play lower which probably isnt a bad idea as he verses Brisbane.

Slap

Suckling?  Just another suggestion.  Plays GC again in the following rounds - but is subject to a bye.  Shaw will play (subject to injury) for the remainder of the season.  He is an important part of the team and perhaps its not him that has changed this year.. but his support.  The entire team seems to have lifted including second tier players like toovey, obrien, blair, Ried, dawes, even McCarthy on a lesser level.  This woulda helped Shaw be released a bit more, and perhaps a reason why his average is 10+ his recent years.

But his history is concrete and he has kicked me in the nuts a few times, which still makes me nauseas thinking that I may bring him in.

Windigo

Looks like I'll pick up Shaw.

No more byes has me hooked, but I'm expecting a bit of a 'bumpy' ride.  ::)

chappo44

Got the usual crowd as in got suckling. leaning towards shaw. there team is filled with guns and looks like teams will struggle to contain them all, e.g swan, pendles, shaw, didak (when he unleashes), krak (whe he unleashes), cloke up fwd etc... Too hard to keep them all in touch. Shaw might have to do as I have 3 st players out this week i could use the extra points this week. Also fisher looks like a smug sea you en tea in all his photos on FF.

Chelskiman

Yeah, I'm not sure whether to go Fisher or Shaw.  Shaw looks good this year, but you just never know.  Fisher seems to be a bit more consistent, but he too can have the odd shocker.  I'm probably leaning more towards Shaw this week though.

chappo44

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 20, 2011, 03:18:41 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure whether to go Fisher or Shaw.  Shaw looks good this year, but you just never know.  Fisher seems to be a bit more consistent, but he too can have the odd shocker.  I'm probably leaning more towards Shaw this week though.

Yeah, shaw had more scores in the 60 then fisher. But because he is in collingwood he has potential to go bang. Shaw leading the race for me at the moment but will wait and see throughout the week.

Bak2Form

shaw only cause he has more potential to score HUGE

Windigo

Deledio will never score HUGE now because of him not playing in the midfield on a permanent basis.

Fisher's scores are nearly the same as Shaw's.

If Fisher had all his byes done I would definitely get him in, but I'm willing to take the punt on Shaw....

Slap

Quote from: Windigo on June 20, 2011, 05:02:27 PM
Deledio will never score HUGE now because of him not playing in the midfield on a permanent basis.

If Fisher had all his byes done I would definitely get him in, but I'm willing to take the punt on Shaw....

Saying never for lids is harsh.  Its a definite possibility.  He has been doing what Gibbs has been doing the last few weeks, starting very slowly and then picking up.  Gibbs is obviously picking up much more than Lids though.

But I agree, if he plays deep in the backline, he will struggle to pump out the huge scores.

Windigo

Brett can, but looking at the past 2 years in the DT output. It's not what I'd call 'stellar' in terms on tons. But a good option none-the-less.  ;)

boora23

what about enright? 40 k cheaper and averaging 4 less points per game? im tossing up between him and fisher.

elephants

I am bringing in Fishman after his bye. G-U-N

antonc

Wes Mantooth

you only have to wait a week to get fisher.

RoughRed

+1
The byes make the difference and the team around him ... hate to say it but StK ... geez ... you would have to be a believer ... the colywobbys will share the ball round better and shaw runs spreads and links week on week ... Fisher lacks backup IMO