FTP Forum Discussion Discussion

Started by AFEV, June 20, 2011, 01:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

i sometimes dont seem to manage my finances

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 04, 2011, 03:26:31 PM
its starts today HP. Thats if i read the announcement correctly
As we've received prizemoney already, how is he able to increase sponsorship? We get extra cash?!

cookie311993

i think what they mean is that sponsorship is increased by 20% and the prizemoney will be reduced at EOS. In short we get more cash but in long term i think it is less

Justin Bieber

Ok..... So benefit before we even get the prizemoney? Then how do they know how much we are receiving to begin with?

AFEV

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 04, 2011, 03:43:19 PM
Quote from: cookie311993 on July 04, 2011, 03:26:31 PM
its starts today HP. Thats if i read the announcement correctly
As we've received prizemoney already, how is he able to increase sponsorship? We get extra cash?!
Nope. Our PM was a part of last season, now out sponsorship goes up but PM is halved at the end of the season :)

Bazinga

We get extra $$$ this season, but when you add this extra cash to the halved EOS prizemoney it will generally stil be about the same amount. It is just a different way of distributing income.   

BB - it won't disadvantage those who CAN manage their finances, because they will have more money to buy players with at EOS compared to those managers who cannot manage their finances, and players on the transfer market should be cheaper at EOS.

bomberboy0618

So it's a good thing for us in the long term?
I still don't like the idea of it though, but I'll learn to like it.

Boomz

Maca24

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 04, 2011, 03:57:41 PM
I would say better short term. We are getting 20% increase now which is great.
But at EOS we get half the usual PM. That sucks and effectively destroys EOS.

valkorum

Quote from: Bazinga on July 04, 2011, 03:53:00 PM
We get extra $$$ this season, but when you add this extra cash to the halved EOS prizemoney it will generally stil be about the same amount. It is just a different way of distributing income.   

BB - it won't disadvantage those who CAN manage their finances, because they will have more money to buy players with at EOS compared to those managers who cannot manage their finances, and players on the transfer market should be cheaper at EOS.

Thats a very good way of describing the changes.  I currently make a profit each week now (except for when I have no home games) so I am really looking forward to these changes as I see myself benefiting largely from this.  I have also stockpile $700k so hopefully the lower EOS prices will also work in my benefit.

Quote from: Maca24 on July 04, 2011, 03:59:11 PM

I see the either 2 things (prob a bit of both).  The price of players coming down or less players bidding on the same players.

Bazinga

Those who manage their finances well, will be able to save this extra 20% each week and therefore they will still have exactly the same amount of $$$ when EOS comes around. It also stops those who manage their weekly finances poorly from going broke and losing interest in the game. Personally I think this change is a great idea.

AFEV

Quote from: Bazinga on July 04, 2011, 04:07:54 PM

Those who manage their finances well, will be able to save this extra 20% each week and therefore they will still have exactly the same amount of $$$ when EOS comes around. It also stops those who manage their weekly finances poorly from going broke and losing interest in the game. Personally I think this change is a great idea.
I was against it until you explained it like this.
Now I'm coming around :)

Bazinga

A few subtle changes have been made for the upcoming season ...

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22649

by FTP-ashario » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 am

Deployed during the end of season updates last weekend

Fielding - catches/runouts/stumpings
All catch, runout and stumping opportunities will now need to pass a fielding check to be converted into a wicket in friendly matches.

Fielding - misfields and great fielding
Some changes were made to the distribution of other fielding checks (ie [misfield] or [great fielding]).
From now on, these events will be less likely to occur in clusters, effectively meaning there is less likelihood in a match for one team to receive a lot more of these checks than the other team.

Blogs
The max length of blogs has been increased from 1,000 to 2,000 characters for Pavilion members

Association Messages
If you are the founder of an association, you will now receive a message (max of one per day) when someone applies to join your association

To be deployed on Tuesday July 12, after the World Cup final

Fielding - catches/runouts/stumpings
Two thirds of catch, runout and stumping opportunities will now need to pass a fielding check to be converted into a wicket in competitive matches.

Terrible Keepers
Wicket keepers with very low skills will now concede more byes.

Dynamic weighting of wickets
This change was implemented for friendly matches several months ago. It will now also apply to competitive matches. For further details see the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21456

Bazinga

Quote from: Bazinga on July 12, 2011, 10:01:48 AM

Dynamic weighting of wickets
This change was implemented for friendly matches several months ago. It will now also apply to competitive matches. For further details see the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21456

Match engine change - dynamic weightings of wickets

The rate at which batsmen try to set or chase a target is somewhat affected by the number of wickets that have fallen and the number of overs remaining. If it is deemed there are wickets in hand, the batsmen will try to score faster. If the batsmen deem they need to conserve wickets, they will try to consolidate.

In previous versions, the 'resources dismissed' calculation was based on a points system linked to the batting order of the batsmen dismissed. The top 6 batsmen were allocated a high weighting, the next 3 a medium weighting, and the last 2 batsmen a low weighting, reflecting the general assumption that managers place their best bats up the order and that top order wickets are 'worth' more than lower order wickets.

As of version 128 (in friendly matches only), the weighting of each batsmen will be determined by their batting skills relative to other batsmen in the lineup, not on their batting order. For example, if you decide to place a couple of pinch hitters in your top order, the match engine will assign them weightings based on their skill, not on their batting position, so if they do get out early your remaining batsmen are somewhat less likely to decide to consolidate.

AFEV

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22809

This is very interesting.
Personally I have never tried it but once Jackson gets up to reas batting I may give it a swing on a bowlers pitch.