Order of trades

Started by Memphistopheles, June 20, 2011, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

I have plenty of cash, not many trades left and plenty of decisions to make.

Here are the guys I want to upgrade sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Knights
Foley
Selwood
Adcock

And the players I want to get in are:
Swan
Pendlebury
Shaw
Sylvia

One other trade I will do is Wallis-->Callinan for the mpp link. I will probably wait for Wallis to gain more money and Callinan to play before making this trade.

The question is â€" what order do I make the above trades? Once they are complete my team will be finished and will have sufficient cover for byes and 2 LTI’s.

For example

This week
Selwood--->Pendles
Knights--->Sylvia

Next week
Foley--->Swan
Adcock--->Shaw

If you could post the order you think I should make these trades it would be appreciated.

Fenno

How much cash do you have? Must have way to much to be able to do 4 upgrades in 2 weeks

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Fenno on June 20, 2011, 01:10:17 PM
How much cash do you have? Must have way to much to be able to do 4 upgrades in 2 weeks

I have been saving cash to get in Swan back in sometime after his last bye after I traded him out before round 7.

A downgrade of Matera-->Howe last week means I now have $190,400

But, if you look at the trades they don’t cost much. Selwood-->Pendles is only $10,000 and Foley to Swan $59,500 and Adcock to Shaw $63,800.

And  Knights---> Sylvia who is at his lowest price (I think) will only cost me $43,300 if I do it this week.

Total cost of these trades if I were to do them all this week is $176,600.

I think with $190,400 I have enough room to allow for a bit of fluctuation due to this week’s price moves.

Windigo

You sure to want to out Adcock only like 2-3 weeks away. You would need an extra trade to complete your backs......

I'll be keeping 7 upgrading Heppell & Jacobs.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Windigo on June 20, 2011, 01:40:33 PM
You sure to want to out Adcock only like 2-3 weeks away. You would need an extra trade to complete your backs......

I'll be keeping 7 upgrading Heppell & Jacobs.

Ok well I can upgrade Heppell to Shaw or Suckling then - not much price difference there. Regardless what order would you do this trade?

plugz19

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 20, 2011, 01:06:54 PM

For example

This week
Selwood--->Pendles
Knights--->Sylvia

Next week
Foley--->Swan
Adcock--->Shaw

think you got it right then

Memphistopheles

Ok now that Adcock is only out for two weeks I think I will keep him.

Next question is who do I upgrade out of Heppell and Lower and where does this trade fit in the scheme of things?

Heppell and Knights are set to lose plenty of value if they play again.

However if I keep Selwood another week is it still worth trading him out for Pendles?

Windigo

If you keep him this week. Then keep him till he comes back.

Memphistopheles

Sorry one more question.

I just realised from my team that I really need to trade Knights to someone that doesn't have the multi-bye in that round.

So not Sylvia.

Who else would you get in for Knights, that isn't Sylvia?

And i will be missing Lids, Adcock, Goodes and J Roo for the other multi-bye so probably not anyone from Rich, Bris or Syd either.

I'm going for overall (not to win car, but to beat a mate).

Looking at the options I think only Harvey, LeCras, Higgins, Rioli, Cloke, Brennan and Stevie J are good enough (however I have Chappy already and would have to do a downgrade to get SJ)

I'm leaning towards Cloke, Higgins and Rioli atm as they are all around Sylvia's price.