Overall -- How far off is too far off

Started by Benloz, June 20, 2011, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benloz

Im currently sitting 1500 (slipped from top 150 after a bad week), and resigned to the fact that theres no way im going to win the cash. Time to concentrate on league wins?? Are there any people in the top 2000 that think they can realistically win the cash??

Would need to make up roughly 100 points/week to catch the leaders, which I think is not going to happen.

bowyanger

Trades left is the main factor..there was a coach banging around here 3 weeks ago claiming to be ranked 2500ish with 19 trades left and obviously a decent side. If that were true I wouldve been confident with that but he was giving up on overall at that point? (I tried to convince him otherwise)
Theres so many different scenarios to assess the overall objective...
To make up 100 points/week from here is definately achievable..If you have say minimum12 trades left in your position Id go hard until you drop to to at least 4 left...but setting up your team to fall back into leagues contention if it all goes wrong.
If you have less than 12 trades and your not in the top 200...give it away...IMO anyways

Benloz

Well I dont have 12 trades left, but I feel my teams close to complete with adequate bench cover and MPP capabilities to cover for byes. Barring injury or any more Nick Retardwold performances like last weekend, I should be okay.

Gibbs, Deledio, Fisher, H.Shaw, Goddard, Broughton, Heppell (Lower, Buckley, McKernan)
Pendles, Thommo, Gazza, Cotchin, Bartel, Swan (Joelwood, Duncan, Hibberd)
Coxy, Smith (McCauley, Tippett)
Fyfe, Franklin, Goodes, Petrie, N.Reiwoldt, Dawes, Darling (I.Smith, Mzungu, Tappscott)

Ive gotta fix my F7, and I plan to do this by swapping a mid premium to a MID-FWD mpp player to swing in for Darling.

ladasp

sitting on 1151 ranking,  1300ish behind cheeky and have no chance for overall from here, gonna try win my 5 leagues 4 of them are tough 1 for bragging rights and get a top 200-500 finish and id be a happy man, maybe jag a sneaky top weekly to top it off even the car looks out of reach.

bowyanger

Well your teams pretty set for leagues anyways! Rd 16 will be a nervous 1 for yer in the backs. Good luck for the rest of the year...."Its not how yer start....."

fever

why do you have seven prem mids with no MPP potential???

i voted top 500, but if there was a top 300 option i'd probably vote for that.

Benloz

I got in Gazza and Mzungu in a couple of weeks ago for Harris and Libba, and its not a bad ploy now that Selwods out, and to cover for byes, suspensions, rests, trips to arizona, etc. Thinking would be more useful to have an Mid-Fwd MPP however, and Selwoods the obvious trade-out candidate with 3 weeks to rest up, plus the round 22 bye.

charliesheen

Quote from: fever on June 20, 2011, 12:48:29 PM
why do you have seven prem mids with no MPP potential???

i voted top 500, but if there was a top 300 option i'd probably vote for that.

He has Duncan for MPP.

I'll be getting 7 mids too... plus 8 forwards.

fever

i get that he has bench MPP but i dont think it's worth having cotchin sitting on the bench worth that much.

Benloz

I got in Ablett to replace Selwood for his suspension, and could do that without trading out Selwood. Now I think its smarter to straight-swap trade out Selwood for Pav/Boomer/Sylvia etc to utilise the premium in the FWD line, instead of on the bench. Gives me another MPP link, which will be handy.
Agree??

fever

yeah, especially if you've given up onn overall, which i would now.

reesbr