Main Menu

Bartel

Started by lasonjin, June 20, 2011, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: thatguy on June 22, 2011, 01:29:13 PM
given scotty stevens has just retired, this is a worrying trend in the AFL atm.

lets hope jimmy is ok to come back at some stage.

+1, but that trend possibly has more to do with the science being better at picking up neurological problems resulting from concussion far better than in the past. Here's hoping that's the case, but more vulnerable players should be wearing helmets (seemingly gone out of fashion the past couple of seasons?).

thatguy

i honestly dont think there is a right or wrong answer for bartel owners.

keep him and hope he comes back and returns to the form we know he can produce, or jump off ship now and try and not only save a few more $ but get another premium in.

you have to remember if he does miss this week, and that is looking high likely, its 2 of the last 10 rounds due to cats second bye, and there are no guarantees he will be back the following week.

this concussion is looking bad and they might spell him for a few weeks to make sure he is 100% to go.

BillMurray

Not worried about his price/value but If Jimmy isn't named this week & with his erratic form as of late (and brain scare issues to boot) I may seriously consider trading him for Rockcliff or Redden. More of a luxury trade I guess but with 11 trades & 260+ in bank I have to entertain it at least... :-\

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on June 20, 2011, 03:27:22 PM
I understand where you are coming from!

I am more than likely going to trade Jimmy out for Tom Rockliffe. Rocky has averaged 107 (if you don’t count his injury and sub affected game. I have caught wind of numerous articles claiming that jimmy (along with milburn and Kelly) may be in doubt for their next match. Jimmy is not performing at a level that I accept as an ‘elite’ midfielder….
Cya Jim…

I like that trade, particularly if Jimmy doesn't pull up. Rockliffe has bottomed out and been consistent throughout the season. Unique also, only owned by 2.64% of teams.

BillMurray

elephants

keep rocky quiet ;)

Grazz

Absolutely no chance of playing this week.

1) Cats have rested everyone with the slightest doubt of fitness ie Selwood, Chappy etc
2) With all the concussion controversy going on OHS&W issues come into play, so protect the club down the track from legal issues.
3) AFL has urged clubs to rest players who sustain a concussion the following week.
4) They are playing the Crows (my Team) this week at Skilled who they punish there so what is the point of risking him
    when plenty of youth is available at Kardinia Park.
5) 12-0 start to the year why would you even contemplate risking him.

Sorry guys but there's so many reasons not to play him compared to playing him that i absolutely cant see him getting a game this
week, i love the guy and how he goes about his footy and would hope the Cats rest him and give him every chance of remaining
healthy.

blake

i hope he will come in handy

BillMurray

Quote from: Grazz on June 22, 2011, 05:54:25 PM

1) Cats have rested everyone with the slightest doubt of fitness ie Selwood, Chappy etc
2) With all the concussion controversy going on OHS&W issues come into play, so protect the club down the track from legal issues.
3) AFL has urged clubs to rest players who sustain a concussion the following week.
4) They are playing the Crows (my Team) this week at Skilled who they punish there so what is the point of risking him

Sorry guys but there's so many reasons not to play him compared to playing him that i absolutely cant see him getting a game this
week, i love the guy and how he goes about his footy and would hope the Cats rest him and give him every chance of remaining
healthy.

Agreed. But for those with big league games this week, combined with his erratic form/chances of being further rested I think I may cut ties. He's by far my weakest link in mids... :-[

elephants

Quote from: BillMurray on June 22, 2011, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: Grazz on June 22, 2011, 05:54:25 PM

healthy.

Agreed. But for those with big league games this week, combined with his erratic form/chances of being further rested I think I may cut ties. He's by far my weakest link in mids... :-[
Yeah true. All my mids average 110+ but jimmy only averages 91...         

n4cr123

Bartel has been given the all clear from his scans and doctor and will train tomorrow...

Hawkahh

Whether he plays or not im trading him for either embley or martin..

vman33

This is the situation..

5 trades left, my team is so near completion.. but I've got Bartel  :-[

Should I keep him.. and save a trade - I do have sufficient cover for him (Isaac Smith, Michael Hibberd)

OR should I trade him to either Rischitelli, Scotty Thompson, Scully or Hodge... ????

Chelskiman

Keep for at least a week, even if he doesn't play.  With so little trades left you might really need them later on.

BillMurray

It's a real tough decision on whether to hold or fold Jimmy for people with 10+ trades. There's room to do it & it could really pay off just cutting him loose for a Scotty Thompson etc but could backfire and become a waste for very little gain. I'm pretty torn. Counting down the hours till teams are released  :-\