Main Menu

Bartel

Started by lasonjin, June 20, 2011, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasonjin

Ok, normally I'm not a proponent of dropping a 'premium', but given his form and his BE of ~170, I'm thinking of dropping him for Thompson. Not even sure you could call him a premium anymore =(.

Opinions?

Barlow 21

Of course he's a premium! Just because he got hurt and scored only 2pts doesn't mean he's not a premium. Trade at your own will but he is a proven premium and has had a great year to date.

n4cr123

lasonjin

I'm not basing my decision off that one game, but his form this year has really been down and compared to what Thompson is pulling, as well as considering his price has bottomed out, it makes me wonder if I should pull that trigger. But knowing my luck, the moment I trade him in, Bartel will ton it up the rest of the season (traded in Boyd and Goddard last round =/). Am I overvaluing Thompson?

Davoo

love the guy but his form this year isn't good because of his role so i might trade him this week as well but i hope he's out this week so i can do it next week instead!

glam77

price ins't major concern this time of year for a "keeper".
if it's his score you're worried about then that's a different matter, and his price plunge makes it a concern.

i have him, and havne't been overly happy with his performance this year, but unless you have a spare $100k in the bank that you're not gonna use anywhere els,e and have plenty of trades spare, I'd hold him.

Bascially, he's a $330k player now.... not a $430 player as at the start of the season. ie you'll only get a $330 player for a direct swap  ... therefore  hold.

elephants

I understand where you are coming from!

I am more than likely going to trade Jimmy out for Tom Rockliffe. Rocky has averaged 107 (if you don’t count his injury and sub affected game. I have caught wind of numerous articles claiming that jimmy (along with milburn and Kelly) may be in doubt for their next match. Jimmy is not performing at a level that I accept as an ‘elite’ midfielder….
Cya Jim…

Davoo

as am I! there are a lot of outstanding misdielders this year that you just cant get a really high score without. having bartel in my team already puts me behind my league opponent and without the high scores  that he used to get, i reckon it is a major loss in anyone's team to have when you'er up against ablett's and mitchell's and pendlebury's each week

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on June 20, 2011, 03:27:22 PM
I understand where you are coming from!

I am more than likely going to trade Jimmy out for Tom Rockliffe. Rocky has averaged 107 (if you don’t count his injury and sub affected game. I have caught wind of numerous articles claiming that jimmy (along with milburn and Kelly) may be in doubt for their next match. Jimmy is not performing at a level that I accept as an ‘elite’ midfielder….
Cya Jim…

Good trade particularly if Bartel misses this week.

SydneyRox

All I will say is good luck.

Sideways trading a premium without an LTI is a no for a reason.

Just ask all the people who traded Bartel in this round for Selwood or Mundy! (Even though both had to be traded, not the same as Bartel)

Who's to say the guy you bring in wont do the same? And Jimmy busts 135 vs Adelaide at Skilled?

Bak2Form

lasonjin

Well, I'll wait until the lists come out Thursday before I make my choice, and I do have a bit of work to do in my backline (my only other position that needs work done). Maybe I am just over valuing Thompson.

Davoo

if hes not playing this week, it is a definite trade. if he is playing this week, i dont know if i can risk a massive price drop with continuous sub-standard performances. 4 x 100 + scores this year. just not good enough.

me

Quote from: Barlow 21 on June 20, 2011, 11:04:56 AM
Of course he's a premium! Just because he got hurt and scored only 2pts doesn't mean he's not a premium. Trade at your own will but he is a proven premium and has had a great year to date.

great year? certainly not in dream team, he's killed me all year with his steady stream of bad scores and his "2" has plunged me even further into the abyss ):

elephants

Quote from: me on June 20, 2011, 06:36:16 PM
Quote from: Barlow 21 on June 20, 2011, 11:04:56 AM

great year? certainly not in dream team, he's killed me all year with his steady stream of bad scores and his "2" has plunged me even further into the abyss ):
he has been playing a much more team orientated role i reckon.

I have no other players out on the rockliffe multi bye (sydney, lions, tigers) so i am pretty keen to lock in the youngster.