Getting rid of Knights!

Started by matt1985, June 19, 2011, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

Quote from: eski_liddr on June 20, 2011, 01:50:27 AM
Quote from: lukedogg17 on June 20, 2011, 12:55:49 AM
Quote from: eski_liddr on June 19, 2011, 11:38:34 PM
Dale Thomas? his got no more bye's and should do well
(seen his the best fwd option for a total score from next week onwards)

or

steve johnson - going to score a ton this weekend at home to adel? kinda cheap considering da score this w.e
(n prob no bartel so a MID role is likely)

confused that you know enough about dt to see that thomas has had both his byes but dont know enough about dt to know that hes not a forward?  ???

eh! i fkd up! was lookn in my mids on 1 tab n fwds on another! ahhh well! long w.e n no sleep :)
Owch! regarding DT knowledge.. im good enough to be in the top 1000...where might you be sitting atm?  ???
Don't bring out your ranking being top 1000 isn't that special at all. Im top 1000 and I think my team stinks and one of my mates is also top 1000 and he has been ranked around 20,000 every other year he has played so its really not that special at all being top 1000.

Fenno

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 20, 2011, 12:19:03 PM
Does anyone think that LeCras would be a great pickup for Knights?

He has been given more midfield time since his return from injury and is still kicking plenty of goals.

Since round 8 he has scored 98, 140, 57, 128, 105 and 105 - pretty consistent.

And In terms of the bye - I only have one other Eagle, Cox, and have Bailey and Petrie and Smith for ruck cover.
Wouldn't be a bad trade at all and a bit unique. West Coast are a very good team this year and good teams normally bring good DT points so wouldn't be a bad pick at all

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Fenno on June 20, 2011, 12:31:40 PM

He has been given more midfield time since his return from injury and is still kicking plenty of goals.

And In terms of the bye - I only have one other Eagle, Cox, and have Bailey and Petrie and Smith for ruck cover.
Wouldn't be a bad trade at all and a bit unique. West Coast are a very good team this year and good teams normally bring good DT points so wouldn't be a bad pick at all

However, just after posting this I realised that LeCras plays Carlton this week then has a bye and you really want a replacement this week before Knights drops further.
Would be a super pickup for Knights after the bye, as Knights then has his bye and the Eagles closing fixtures are fantastic.
Check them out from round 19 (Top four is a real possibility IMO): @WBU, Rich, @Melb, Ess, @Bris, Ade.

Andrew

Quote from: Fenno on June 20, 2011, 12:29:40 PM
Don't bring out your ranking being top 1000 isn't that special at all. Im top 1000 and I think my team stinks and one of my mates is also top 1000 and he has been ranked around 20,000 every other year he has played so its really not that special at all being top 1000.

+1. Thanks to the substitute rule and underperforming premiums, the choice of captain is more important than ever and would be the thing largely seperating top 100 to 5000th. The past 3 weeks have seen some 50/50 calls go very wrong for people (latest of them being Boyd captain over Ablett).

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 20, 2011, 01:47:56 PM
Quote from: Fenno on June 20, 2011, 12:31:40 PM

However, just after posting this I realised that LeCras plays Carlton this week then has a bye and you really want a replacement this week before Knights drops further.
Would be a super pickup for Knights after the bye, as Knights then has his bye and the Eagles closing fixtures are fantastic.
Check them out from round 19 (Top four is a real possibility IMO): @WBU, Rich, @Melb, Ess, @Bris, Ade.

Yeah give it a fortnight before getting Le Cras. Get Sylvia this week he's just too tasty being dual position and averaging nearly 20 points more a game. A $43k upgrade for all that? Too easy. Does anyone have a case against getting Sylvia this week?

Slap

Quote from: Andrew on June 20, 2011, 01:53:01 PM

+1. Thanks to the substitute rule and underperforming premiums, the choice of captain is more important than ever and would be the thing largely seperating top 100 to 5000th. The past 3 weeks have seen some 50/50 calls go very wrong for people (latest of them being Boyd captain over Ablett).

The Boyd over Ablett captaincy choice would only have cost a coach 65 points or something.  Not that bigger deal in the whole scheme of things.  I'm thinking having players like Riewoldt, Montagna, Prestia, Knights, Goddard, Jacobs who all scored 50 or less would have been more detrimental....  I would know, I had them all last round.  (except jacobs, whom I benched).

eski_liddr

I was replying to someone else.. not you? Didnt ask for your pointless insight??  N I can do/say what the f*ck I want mayte...

Your right! your team probably is sh!t! If I finish below where I finished last year (279) I'll be happy...N thats me so deal with it.. Stop being a nazi and move on you keyboard warrior...

This topic is about knights and my reply was to someone having a dig at me for f*kin sumthing up while trying to help a bloke with his team.... Get back to the topic or buggr off  :)

Andrew

Quote from: Slap on June 20, 2011, 02:48:09 PM

The Boyd over Ablett captaincy choice would only have cost a coach 65 points or something.  Not that bigger deal in the whole scheme of things.  I'm thinking having players like Riewoldt, Montagna, Prestia, Knights, Goddard, Jacobs who all scored 50 or less would have been more detrimental....  I would know, I had them all last round.  (except jacobs, whom I benched).

Boyd scored 70x2 = 140
Ablett scored 132x2... equals 264

???

Also most those players that you listed, most teams were starting on the weekend (Riewoldt, Goddard, Knights at least, and I had Jacobs starting also). It wouldn't make much of a difference and regardless that's largely an uncontrollable compared to choice of captain. Captain choice is the difference between teams in the top 5000 - have a look at the team who is top overall currently and tell me why else they would be?

Fenno

Quote from: eski_liddr on June 20, 2011, 03:33:48 PM

I was replying to someone else.. not you? Didnt ask for your pointless insight??  N I can do/say what the f*ck I want mayte...

Your right! your team probably is sh!t! If I finish below where I finished last year (279) I'll be happy...N thats me so deal with it.. Stop being a nazi and move on you keyboard warrior...

This topic is about knights and my reply was to someone having a dig at me for f*kin sumthing up while trying to help a bloke with his team.... Get back to the topic or buggr off  :)
haha your the one that was having a crack at a bloke by bringing up your ranking and I was just pointing out that its not that hard to be in the top 1000. If anyone is being a keyboard warrior it is you. Get back in your box and stay there.

Fenno

Quote from: Andrew on June 20, 2011, 03:42:18 PM
Quote from: Slap on June 20, 2011, 02:48:09 PM

Boyd scored 70x2 = 140
Ablett scored 132x2... equals 264

???

Also most those players that you listed, most teams were starting on the weekend (Riewoldt, Goddard, Knights at least, and I had Jacobs starting also). It wouldn't make much of a difference and regardless that's largely an uncontrollable compared to choice of captain. Captain choice is the difference between teams in the top 5000 - have a look at the team who is top overall currently and tell me why else they would be?
The maths is done like this boyd 70x2=140 + Ablett 135 = 275
Then Ablett 135x2=270 + Boyd 70 =340

So its only 65 ponts your missing out on if you went Boyd over Ablett

Bak2Form

knights to sylvia for me this week

Spite

Definitely sylvia... although I will be holding knights, I really think he will kill his final couple of games... keeping the faith :S

Also, my mate had mundy captain last week and bartel captain this week... captain choices has cost him big time haha

Fossil11

Quote from: Fenno on June 20, 2011, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: eski_liddr on June 20, 2011, 03:33:48 PM

haha your the one that was having a crack at a bloke by bringing up your ranking and I was just pointing out that its not that hard to be in the top 1000. If anyone is being a keyboard warrior it is you. Get back in your box and stay there.

this is heading in the same direction as fenno v montag. Id be careful fenno has already won one so he is a good keyboard warrior

Memphistopheles

Guys if you could get any one of these players for Knights who would it be?

Harvey, Rioli, Higgins, Cloke, Harvey, LeCras Stevie J (but would take up an extra trade to get SJ, Harvey and LeCras.

Reason is the multi-bye. Going for overall so need a player who doesn't have a bye in the multi-bye round (including the second multi-bye ). This means no Melb, Bris, Rich, Syd, Ade and Fre players.

Andrew

I think your strategy is flawed, but that being said I'd go Harvey out of those listed. You named his twice so maybe you've already made your mind up  :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on June 20, 2011, 08:53:01 PM
I think your strategy is flawed, but that being said I'd go Harvey out of those listed. You named his twice so maybe you've already made your mind up  :P

The reason is in the first multi bye I am missing my two forward subs in Mzungu and Howe as well as Pavlich and then I will also miss Sylvia if I get him. So i only avoid a doughnut if Prestia plays and even then he may be vested and score 20-30.

I would rather someone who is playing and gets 80-100.

I looked at my team for the second multi-bye and it's a similar situation.

Going for overall u can't have doughnuts.