Feel Gary Ablett Jnrs Wrath!

Started by love4thegame, June 19, 2011, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

murph and boyd have late byes aswell anyway

nice work elephants

dtboy

Quote from: elephants on June 27, 2011, 06:47:29 PM
Oh and i'd just like to ask gazza to lift his game. His 118 was my lowest score in my whole midfield...
I need help to decide which forward to trade out for Franklin

My team is
Backs: Enright, Gibbs, Godard, Stefan Martin, Rawlings, Lower, Puopolo, Pedersen, Rhys O'Keefe, Christian Howard and
Mids: Murphy, Pendlebury, Ablett, Shiels, Rockliff, Smith, Mzungu, McCarthy and Mullet
Rucks:Ben McEvoy, Max Bailey, Andrew Browne and Matty Lobbe
Forwards:Fyfe, Sylvia, Ryan O'Keefe, Petrie, Jack Darling, Jeremy Howe, Tom Lynch, Dahlhaus, Haren and Reilly

Possumo

Quote from: dtboy on June 28, 2011, 04:50:00 PM
Oh and i'd just like to ask gazza to lift his game. His 118 was my lowest score in my whole midfield...

My team is
Backs: Enright, Gibbs, Godard, Stefan Martin, Rawlings, Lower, Puopolo, Pedersen, Rhys O'Keefe, Christian Howard and
Mids: Murphy, Pendlebury, Ablett, Shiels, Rockliff, Smith, Mzungu, McCarthy and Mullet
Forwards:Fyfe, Sylvia, Ryan O'Keefe, Petrie, Jack Darling, Jeremy Howe, Tom Lynch, Dahlhaus, Haren and Reilly

Okay so let me get this straight. You were perfectly happy playing Darling on the field, yet your biggest concern was getting Ablett in for Swallow?!

In terms of your forward line, having both Mzungu or Smith stuck in your mids with no DPP (apart from a premium which would mean benching Smith or Mzungu) is really hurting you, as Lynch and Darling are not really pulling their weight compared to either of those guys. I reckon you should bring in Callinan for Darling, and then swap Lynch for a premium... then you can choose to play either Callinan or Mzungu in your forwards, get another premium, and hope that Howe continues to score well :)

I'm curious though, why did you even start with Darling in your team when you made it 3-4 weeks ago? He was expensive and didn't seem to have much upside by that stage... he would have been by far a better trade target last week for someone like Callinan...

Oh and by the way, I think there would be a fair few trade targets in the forward line who would be better value than Franklin at the moment... I have him and he is definitely a gun, but being focused on a single player above all others can sometimes make you worse off...

Alka

Quote from: Possumo on June 29, 2011, 01:30:01 AM
Quote from: dtboy on June 28, 2011, 04:50:00 PM

My team is

Okay so let me get this straight. You were perfectly happy playing Darling on the field, yet your biggest concern was getting Ablett in for Swallow?!

In terms of your forward line, having both Mzungu or Smith stuck in your mids with no DPP (apart from a premium which would mean benching Smith or Mzungu) is really hurting you, as Lynch and Darling are not really pulling their weight compared to either of those guys. I reckon you should bring in Callinan for Darling, and then swap Lynch for a premium... then you can choose to play either Callinan or Mzungu in your forwards, get another premium, and hope that Howe continues to score well :)

I'm curious though, why did you even start with Darling in your team when you made it 3-4 weeks ago? He was expensive and didn't seem to have much upside by that stage... he would have been by far a better trade target last week for someone like Callinan...

Oh and by the way, I think there would be a fair few trade targets in the forward line who would be better value than Franklin at the moment... I have him and he is definitely a gun, but being focused on a single player above all others can sometimes make you worse off...

+1 to all of the above

I'd be thinking Pavlich, Goodes or Chapman might be better options?

dtboy

everyone i presume we now all agree that i was correct and everyone else was incorrect. gazza scored 175 points this week whilst swallow only scored 71 points. gazzas price went up to a massive $500k whilst swallows price has dropped to $350k. so everyone who was right? me ofcourse so dont start the arguement if you cant win

Possumo

Sorry to break it to you mate, but your no genius. I'd say it'd be more accurate to say that your a lucky, arrogant idiot who made a trade no decent dreamteamer would make. Gloating like a 5 year old shows how stupid you are mate. Oh and how did your Franklin trade on the weekend work out? :)

dtboy

Quote from: Possumo on July 04, 2011, 06:17:51 AM
Sorry to break it to you mate, but your no genius. I'd say it'd be more accurate to say that your a lucky, arrogant idiot who made a trade no decent dreamteamer would make. Gloating like a 5 year old shows how stupid you are mate. Oh and how did your Franklin trade on the weekend work out? :)
i admit it that your right i looked at all the statistics for both players and saw ablett would do better and i though it was a bad decision until ablett made the 118 and swallow only made 77 and i was lucky it worked out

btw the franklin trade was bad but atleast it gave me a full team which scored 2112

JBs-Hawks

Wouldnt be proud of 2112, i got 2182 and was ranked 23k for the weekend.

dtboy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 04, 2011, 08:38:08 PM
Wouldnt be proud of 2112, i got 2182 and was ranked 23k for the weekend.
i woudnt be proud of that score either i had puopolo and mzungu on the bench whilst pedersen and smith on the field which means if i had them on the field i would of had an additional 90 points boosting my team to a score of around 2200

Chelskiman

That just means it was poor team selection on your behalf.  I could have got 2400+ if I had played Puopolo over Adcock, Howe over Yarran and Mzungu over Buddy.  ::)

dtboy

Quote from: Chelskiman on July 05, 2011, 01:58:59 PM
That just means it was poor team selection on your behalf.  I could have got 2400+ if I had played Puopolo over Adcock, Howe over Yarran and Mzungu over Buddy.  ::)

well everyone doesnt select the right team everyweek and everyweek there is an oppotunity you could of took to claim a higher score but you didn't so can we just leave it at that