Feel Gary Ablett Jnrs Wrath!

Started by love4thegame, June 19, 2011, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 20, 2011, 12:00:14 PM
Quote from: lasonjin on June 20, 2011, 11:00:49 AM
Pretty gutted that I didn't pick up GAJ when he was ~$400k. Ahh well...

Ablett came into my team when he hit his lowest price and has impressed ever since. Last week was the first time I captained him though and I loved it.

Congrats. I picked Scott Thompson that week instead. Picked up Ablett last week with more certainty, but yeah you did the best if you got him week after the bye.

dtboy

Quote from: Possumo on June 20, 2011, 07:39:47 AM
Quote from: eski_liddr on June 19, 2011, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: dtboy on June 19, 2011, 11:23:07 PM
Should i trade Andrew Swallow out for Gazza or Trade Jack Darling out for Higgins

gaz

I hope that's trolling (or you thought he meant D. Swallow!) ... because if you were going to pick anyone to trade out for Gaz, Swallow would have to be right near the bottom of the list... you do realise he has been scoring 100-110 week in week out right?

Darling > Higgins would be a decent trade, but I'd say Sylvia/Pav/Chappy are better value if you don't already have them...

Oh and yes I'm very bitter that I don't have Ablett... definitely considered trading Selwood for him last week, but easy league opponents over the next 4 weeks, a lack of trades and good cover put me off.

That would be a good idea but the reason why I want to trade Swallow out this week is because I selected him for my team a few weeks ago to see if he would have a rapid price rise due to his low breakeven. I got him at around $350,000 he is now worth $407,000, the only problem is that his breakeven this week is 122 and footywire has calculatored a 23% chance he will reach it. He is also versing Port Adelaide a team which he only has an average of 73 points against. Higgins average against the Gold Coast is 126 point, Boyds average against Gold Coast is 125 points and Abletts average against Western Bulldogs is over 100 points. This match could be my last chance to receive Gary Ablett.

Holz

im not going to have him in this year but will be next year

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on June 20, 2011, 07:07:19 PM
You're missing out ;)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on June 20, 2011, 07:08:05 PM
You're missing out ;)

im fine i have Pendles, Boyd, Swan, Mitchell, Montagna, Bartel and Didak as my mids.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on June 20, 2011, 07:09:26 PM
You're missing out ;)

im fine i have Pendles, Boyd, Swan, Mitchell, Montagna, Bartel and Didak as my mids.
I know i played you this week :)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on June 20, 2011, 07:10:41 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 20, 2011, 07:09:26 PM
You're missing out ;)

I know i played you this week :)

well this week my mids didnt peform to well with Pendles, Swan, Didak out Bartel 2 and Tags 45, it made boyds 70 look like a superstar and Mitchell a C couldnt saved me weak mid.

elephants

I know ;D It certainly helped me along the way although bartel, boyd and mitchell (C) cancelled each other out...

Possumo

Quote from: dtboy on June 20, 2011, 06:18:42 PM
Quote from: Possumo on June 20, 2011, 07:39:47 AM
Quote from: eski_liddr on June 19, 2011, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: dtboy on June 19, 2011, 11:23:07 PM
Should i trade Andrew Swallow out for Gazza or Trade Jack Darling out for Higgins

gaz

I hope that's trolling (or you thought he meant D. Swallow!) ... because if you were going to pick anyone to trade out for Gaz, Swallow would have to be right near the bottom of the list... you do realise he has been scoring 100-110 week in week out right?

Darling > Higgins would be a decent trade, but I'd say Sylvia/Pav/Chappy are better value if you don't already have them...

Oh and yes I'm very bitter that I don't have Ablett... definitely considered trading Selwood for him last week, but easy league opponents over the next 4 weeks, a lack of trades and good cover put me off.

That would be a good idea but the reason why I want to trade Swallow out this week is because I selected him for my team a few weeks ago to see if he would have a rapid price rise due to his low breakeven. I got him at around $350,000 he is now worth $407,000, the only problem is that his breakeven this week is 122 and footywire has calculatored a 23% chance he will reach it. He is also versing Port Adelaide a team which he only has an average of 73 points against. Higgins average against the Gold Coast is 126 point, Boyds average against Gold Coast is 125 points and Abletts average against Western Bulldogs is over 100 points. This match could be my last chance to receive Gary Ablett.

Okay, fair enough mate, but you should just be stoked you got a really good player at a bargain price, and look to make some other trade (if you don't already have 6 premium mids) to get him in... otherwise you're just wasting trades, and in all honesty you will probably help your team a lot more by making a trade somewhere else in your team... using statistics like you just did can look convincing, but the reality is Swallow could quite easily outscore Ablett this week, despite his history vs Port.

Oh and getting a premium in purely to make 50k is almost as bad as sideways trading... and possibly worse considering you're using two trades rather than one. The price of your premiums shouldn't be concerning you by the way... notice how very few decent teams traded out Goddard despite the fact that he lost almost 150k?

theswiz

We all love you Gary, thanks for being this eras superstar.

dtboy

I just traded out Andrew Swallow to get Gazza
Good Trade?

elephants

Quote from: dtboy on June 21, 2011, 09:42:06 PM
Good Trade?
IMO nope.
Swallow is not being hindered by a significant role change (like bartel) or an LTI.
You surely had other weaker mids that were worth upgrading?
And i hope you didn't trade before the teams have been named!

Ziplock

Good Trade?
no... pretty poor trade actually... Ablett's form has been firing, but that doesn't justify trading a player who's averaged 114 over the last 5 rounds.

Chelskiman

Good Trade?

It was a great trade, don't listen to them.  If you're happy sideways trading and wasting valuable trades then you go for it, son!

Fenno

Good Trade?
Your not being serious are you? Surely not. People are just coming up with dumber and dumber trades every week on this site.