Redden Going Off Like A Firecracker!

Started by Windigo, June 18, 2011, 08:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Love this bloke. Where are the people that said trading him in was a poor choice.

Had hm since round 7 & put him as captain wasn't the best choice but has returned well since. Looking at maybe 5th in the DT player rankings if he busts a mass score.

Quality.  ;)

Ago97

He is not that unique anymore tho but still a good scorer

Fossil11

sad to say started with him but traded him after his two low scores
aaaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh

Windigo

Windigo

QuoteHe is not that unique anymore tho but still a good scorer

Not unique?

Just over 7000 coaches have him?

118. Only player to go past 70 in tonight's games for me.  :(

elephants

How many own Marc Murphy. I know a lot less would have had him when i picked him up in round 9!

Nails

Quote from: Windigo on June 18, 2011, 10:52:54 PM
QuoteHe is not that unique anymore tho but still a good scorer

Not unique?

Just over 7000 coaches have him?

118. Only player to go past 70 in tonight's games for me.  :(

Redden = Gun.

Windiggity lay off Steve Johnson please... he's averaging 110 (or was) and he had a score of 72... his lowest score for the year but still a GREAT Score. St. Kilda across Stevie J's career are his WORST team to play, therefore if he was going to get a 50 it was likely this week :)

He was impressive for a 72, if your low score is 72 and you've knocked out a 171 for me earlier in the year, I'd take that 72 as your low score any time :D

Memphistopheles

Redden is going well, but with Boyd, Ablett, Murphy, Mitchell and after this week Swan and Pendles in my team I can't see any spot for him.

All the players i listed I believe will finish with better averages than Redden, so i'm not picking him up.

Windigo

I'll take that from Stevie J, I'll stop whinging.

But seriously, Redden is a gun and I would have no quams in getting him in if I didn't.

His not a BIG name in the AFL just yet, but his smashing up some of the BIG names.

REDDen.  ;)

Alka

See my multiple posts in the week telling people to pick up this guy. Such a gun. I bet he beats one of those more popular premiums by seasons end.

Unfortunately for all that talk I don't have the trades to burn to bring him in, brought in Montagna a few weeks ago and regretted it ever since!

Windigo

This is where a few coaches go wrong. Don't pick a player just because he has a famous name.

Redden's score were off the charts and apart from a couple of downers he has bee great. Really good for the league games, as is Andy Swallow, who I have also.

I got a bit of flak saying that Redden was a poor choice.

Memphistopheles

Here's some bad news for Redden owners:

One of the strangest suspensions for the week could be meted out to Brisbane's Jack Redden for a behind-play strike against Richmond's Shane Edwards on Saturday night at the Gabba. While the incident could normally be downgraded to a reprimand Redden's 93.75 carryover points, for tripping the Suns' Gary Ablett in round seven, would prevent that occurring.

The incident is unusual because it was spotted by umpire Stephen McBurney â€" who paid a 50-metre penalty against Edwards â€" while he lay on the groundâ€" for a deliberate block on Redden.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/buddys-poor-record-makes-the-maths-look-bad-for-hawks-20110619-1gaag.html#ixzz1PmFSo6wD

thanme

Redden and Thompson made a very nice combo on the weekend :D

Windigo

QuoteOne of the strangest suspensions for the week could be meted out to Brisbane's Jack Redden for a behind-play strike against Richmond's Shane Edwards on Saturday night at the Gabba. While the incident could normally be downgraded to a reprimand Redden's 93.75 carryover points, for tripping the Suns' Gary Ablett in round seven, would prevent that occurring.

WTF?   >:(

Memphistopheles

Quote from: thanme on June 20, 2011, 01:14:57 PM
Redden and Thompson made a very nice combo on the weekend :D

Not as good as Murphy and Ablett and Mitchell though.