Goodes, thoughts

Started by toodledock, June 22, 2009, 03:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toodledock

His scores are awesome but 92 last night was a small disppaointment. I picked the guy up from the start and he has been a gun besides that one score of 50 anyone else got him?

My problem with Goodes is not him himself but when he goes forward he does
nothing and scores VERY low. Against Carlton he went forward and only scored 70. Last night in the second half he went foreward and his output went down big time.

When he plays around the ball though he dominates so seriouslly why does Roo's keep sending him foreward and ruining his scores

freezer

He is capable of huge scores with his contested possessions and ball usage. I generally think he goes forward when he has a heavy tag but he will still spend time on the ball.

I actually think it's better rather than him resting on the pine. He does sometimes struggle to shake taggers which can be frustrating but he has coped better with it this year.

He is definitely a keeper as he doesn't have to have a massive amount of possessions to score well.

2Fat2Old

Yeh picked up Goodes & ROK. Thought it was risky at the time but both are performing so cant complain. Only wait and see if it keeps going. hope so

MiGZ

Goodes was a must have for me, i picked him up a few weeks back when he was at his lowest price, he has since dominated. When he is on his game, he is one of only a few who can pull out a huge score capable of matching Ablett.

BradStar

Quote from: toodledock on June 22, 2009, 03:30:32 AM
His scores are awesome but 92 last night was a small disppaointment. I picked the guy up from the start and he has been a gun besides that one score of 50 anyone else got him?

My problem with Goodes is not him himself but when he goes forward he does
nothing and scores VERY low. Against Carlton he went forward and only scored 70. Last night in the second half he went foreward and his output went down big time.

When he plays around the ball though he dominates so seriouslly why does Roo's keep sending him foreward and ruining his scores
It's a new tactic that when your star midfielder gets tired they give him a go up foward.

toodledock

dont think he was tired, he was there as a foreward option i thought and faaaaaaailed

fergis man utd

i dont think its a new tactic in footall for midfielders to rst in the forward line. been going on for as long as i`can remember