Hey guys...apparanetly this week can get worse

Started by Fossil11, June 17, 2011, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossil11

first game of the round and already i have boyd as captain (on 34 mid way through 3rd) and knights subbed off on 20.

not to add to having pendles, swan, cloke, dawes out
and zac smith, selwood, adcock, mundy and co.

traded in boyd for selwood and now i wish i went ablett

knights is going to go down about 50k coz he had a be over 100. thats just great

anyone else want to vent

Possumo

Bugger me... i was whinging about having Boyd as C too, and the fact that Thompson was doing poorly (thanks to 5 FA early), and my opponents Libba was gunning it... thankfully things are turning around for me, but your post is just painful mate... especially the Selwood > Boyd and on top of that putting the C on him... I've kept Selwood myself, but I only had Swan in the mid's...

Nails

Rookie error!

Never captain a player on debut in your side! They always do poorly! I was going to trade in Mitchell and captain him then remembered the golden rule so I didn't even trade him in!

Fossil11

Possumo

Quote from: Fossil11 on June 17, 2011, 11:18:23 PM
traded in swan the week he got injured too

Ah... to be honest mate, your team is like looking at a car crash at the moment... too painful too watch!

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Nails on June 17, 2011, 10:52:53 PM
Rookie error!

Never captain a player on debut in your side! They always do poorly! I was going to trade in Mitchell and captain him then remembered the golden rule so I didn't even trade him in!

i know a guy who traded in ablett last weekend and he put the C on him.
and we all know the rest...

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Fossil11 on June 17, 2011, 10:23:08 PM
first game of the round and already i have boyd as captain (on 34 mid way through 3rd) and knights subbed off on 20.

knights is going to go down about 50k coz he had a be over 100. thats just great

anyone else want to vent

to be fair mate, you're having a rough trot. don't despair, DT and SC is 66% luck, 34% skill... but i know its tough to swallow.

Possumo

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 17, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
Rookie error!

Exactly, stop trolling and rubbing our noses in it Nails... I'm sure you'll get burned soon and then start whinging about it like everybody else.

Nails

Quote from: Possumo on June 17, 2011, 11:29:47 PM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 17, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
Rookie error!

Exactly, stop trolling and rubbing our noses in it Nails... I'm sure you'll get burned soon and then start whinging about it like everybody else.

Hardly trolling boss, it's an unwritten rule  :-\

Like how everyone says "don't trade player x in, I just traded him in and he'll go shocking"

It seems nearly everyone says that about who they trade in, the c button is just a x2 to that... I traded in one of the guns last year (forgot which gun) but he was no.1 for calvin's captains... I captained him on debut and he scored a 70...

I got burned plenty of times Possumo, Knights 20 tonight, Riewoldt's 20 as captain last year (as far as captain burns)

One of Bartel's 60s for captaincy last year, Mundy's 2 last week, Jack Grimes injury score... I've been burnt heaps of times, but I just keep on, keeping on.

MTTY

Rookie error!

That doesn't make sense nails of the few top end captaincy options they are usually all premiums so there is bound to be someone upgrading to the captain you pick anyway meaning that he is on debut somewhere and if they place the captaincy on him then will he score low? This would mean that most premiums should be scoring low all the time resulting in people having to pick rookies who are nearly milked in value.

Btw not having a go at you just the so called golden rule.

Holz

Quote from: Fossil11 on June 17, 2011, 10:23:08 PM

anyone else want to vent

bad luck with your team i think i stole all the luck i upgraded knights this week to sylvia nad at the last minute moved the captainacy from boyd ot mitchell. However i do have 4 collingwood players and adcock so its not all good.

My opponent has knights so im happy.

Nails i traded in mitchell and im happily playing him.

Nails

Quote from: MTTY on June 17, 2011, 11:37:13 PM
Rookie error!

That doesn't make sense nails of the few top end captaincy options they are usually all premiums so there is bound to be someone upgrading to the captain you pick anyway meaning that he is on debut somewhere and if they place the captaincy on him then will he score low? This would mean that most premiums should be scoring low all the time resulting in people having to pick rookies who are nearly milked in value.

It's generally when they bring in the popular trade option...

Like Boyd was hot for Selwood/Mundy as was Mitchell...

Both could have ordinary weeks :o it just seems to happen.

MTTY

Quote from: Nails on June 17, 2011, 11:42:09 PM
Rookie error!

It's generally when they bring in the popular trade option..

I agree it does seem to happen but I don't see it as a valid reason not to captain a player if they have the potential although it did happen to Boyd tonight but that was mainly due to his poor record against Adelaide and the fact Doughty kept him out of the game.

Master Q

Quote from: MTTY on June 17, 2011, 11:45:54 PM
Quote from: Nails on June 17, 2011, 11:42:09 PM
Rookie error!

It's generally when they bring in the popular trade option..

I agree it does seem to happen but I don't see it as a valid reason not to captain a player if they have the potential although it did happen to Boyd tonight but that was mainly due to his poor record against Adelaide and the fact Doughty kept him out of the game.
Last minute went Cox captain over Boyd  ;D

Possumo

Rookie error!

Oh and trying to say that trading in the most popular option is bound to fail, is just another argument without any facts to back it up.

Yeah, that is the main reason I was annoyed by your comments Nails, while you might have a point about actual statistics involving Boyd and how well he scores vs certain clubs, saying that it is an un-written rule to not put the captaincy on a gun you have just traded in is just rubbish. There's a thing called luck mate, and you may have noticed it has more than a little bit of influence on DT, saying that players will score badly when you trade them in based on nothing but superstition is just stupid, nothing more.