Hey guys...apparanetly this week can get worse

Started by Fossil11, June 17, 2011, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunham29

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 17, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
Quote from: Nails on June 17, 2011, 10:52:53 PM
Rookie error!

Never captain a player on debut in your side! They always do poorly! I was going to trade in Mitchell and captain him then remembered the golden rule so I didn't even trade him in!

i know a guy who traded in ablett last weekend and he put the C on him.
and we all know the rest...
*cough* me *cough*

Ago97

How come wen a player plays good 1 week (cox & boyd) then i put them captain, they do a dud and score really low the next, (some exceptions)

scrap

thats the golden rule! ago! never chase last weeks points!!!!!!!!. ps traded in boyd and put him captain but changed to cox last minute due to his record against the crows :)

Fossil11

well i knew cox was going to rack up because that is usually the way it happens, one shower week and then pulls a huge one but boyd averaging highest in my team agaianst crows looked very very tasty so i swapped the C to boyd last night b4 lockout

Rated_RKO

went boyd capt in the last 5 minutes before lockout... was gonna have cox but something made me change it... regret that so much. musta been the 117+ average ?

pyronerd

Quote from: Rated_RKO on June 18, 2011, 11:18:29 AM
went boyd capt in the last 5 minutes before lockout... was gonna have cox but something made me change it... regret that so much. musta been the 117+ average ?
this is exactly what i did :o

Davoo

yeah, i went cox > boyd as captain on the day of lockout. wish i kept cox captain now! only shose boyd cause he averages the highest amount of disposals and thought he'd blitz through the crows. other than that i was happy with scott thompson and higgins  ;D

Escapist

Yeah i think a better golden rule would be not to captain a player going off one round score.
I know a bloke who captained Andrew Swallow the week after he scored 190+, brought him in and captained him- only to return with an 80. If it's a consistent premium like Murphy, Ablett, Swan or Pendles, it'd be a good choice, very few others though.

Windigo

Seriously, what is with this roller coaster ride of Boyd the past few weeks.

Not having Swan leaves huge headaches for captains now. Might have to look at Mitchell next week for the C I reckon...

I need on average 97 points to get me 2200. With 5 hawk players in my starting squad, I hope all of 'em smash GC.  :P

Rated_RKO

Boyd capt next week against bulldogs could be a good pay off... depends what bulldog team turns up ...

Windigo

QuoteBoyd capt next week against bulldogs

Is there another Boyd?  :P

Rated_RKO

apparently there is =\ i meant against gold coast... my bad...... =[ *hangs head in shame*

Fossil11

it was a toss up (dont think dirty) between boyd and gablett and i went boyd. if i went the other way would be 60 points better off

at least smith, shiels, rischitelli, lynch and hibberd repayed the faith. still heading for low 2000 or high 1900. have 12 to pla and am on 1030

Holz

Gaz is the new perma captain pity i dont have him, he is scoring well no matter the circumstance.

LF

yep i think i`ll be putting the c on gaz and leaving it there.