Boyd's first quarter.

Started by LaHug, June 17, 2011, 09:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djff

Quote from: LaHug on June 17, 2011, 10:04:33 PM
He scored 18 in quarter two. If we treat it as an exponential relationship, he should score 27 in quarter 3 and 40-41 in quarter 4. Grand total of 12+18+27+40 = 97...
Wow, even unwarranted extrapolation doesn't give him a good score. Oh dear  :-\

i like your thinking  :)
but this thread is as depressing as watching the score climb at a snail's pace...
i want to look away from both but misery likes company!

Fossil11

scores looking great so far

have knights and boyd playing and boyd as captain. traded mckernan to isaac smith and i was considering knights coz he looked slow last week but thought he would find form against bulldogs but no he gets subbed for 20 and will price bottom and wont be trade bait coz he will be anorexic

Nails

Adelaide is Boyd's worst team and therefore a huge risk to put as captain, I don't care if "they're rubbish this year" they were rubbish last year but they're still his worst team... Obviously he struggles for some reason, and I think it was a stupid risk to captain him. He had a big score last week but hasn't been in great form...

At least he isn't my captain :)

Possumo

Quote from: Nails on June 17, 2011, 11:00:07 PM
Adelaide is Boyd's worst team and therefore a huge risk to put as captain, I don't care if "they're rubbish this year" they were rubbish last year but they're still his worst team... Obviously he struggles for some reason, and I think it was a stupid risk to captain him. He had a big score last week but hasn't been in great form...

But stats like those have been proven wrong time and time again... Boyd was in good form, and there is no real logical reason he would play badly versus Adeliade... it just doesn't make sense that a player scores badly versus a specific team, unless he constantly gets tagged by the same player, who just happens to really shut his game down... although Boyd got tagged, Dougherty is not one of the top taggers is he?

Nails

Quote from: Possumo on June 17, 2011, 11:25:15 PM

But stats like those have been proven wrong time and time again... Boyd was in good form, and there is no real logical reason he would play badly versus Adeliade... it just doesn't make sense that a player scores badly versus a specific team, unless he constantly gets tagged by the same player, who just happens to really shut his game down... although Boyd got tagged, Dougherty is not one of the top taggers is he?

It also gets proven right time and time again, like tonight. It can be certain players he struggles against, the other team's formations...

Boyd averages 83 in his last 3 against Adelaide and a 94 his highest score in his last 4 against them... They just "have his name" or so to speak. He struggles against them and proved so tonight.

Enough to convince me off him.

The 3 weeks before Boyd's one big score (143) he only averaged 105... He's not really in great form other than that one big score (based on Boyd's lofty standards)

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: djff on June 17, 2011, 10:05:21 PM
Quote from: Fossil11 on June 17, 2011, 10:01:02 PM
although i hate to say ir coz i am in the same boat i dont think vardys 50 will make up for lost points on captain with boyd

no but i can only hope cox stubs his toe on a dried hotdog bun thrown from the stands and is off a quarter...

lol

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Possumo on June 17, 2011, 11:25:15 PM

yes he is quite good. held boomer to 75 last week.

Possumo

Fair enough, I have no idea about the better taggers barring Cornes and Jones.

And Nails, perhaps you're right, but that doesn't change the fact that those stats are often proved wrong... it seems that in Boyd's case though, it's right on the money :( It really was a 50/50 with me between him and Mitchell, and I guess like many other captain choices this year, I lost this one :P

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Bluke on June 17, 2011, 09:39:28 PM
flower, i am actually over this DT season. Never thought I'd say it but I am.

Could've picked anyone else but thought Boyd would be ok. My opponent has Shiels and I know that little flower is going to slut it up against Gold Coast.

eliminator or league?

chrisuzz

FMDT trade him in and made him captain :(

ENYGMA

Official "Boyd as captain and Knights on the field, while opponent has Cox as captain" fan club member   :(

Fireballz

Quote from: ENYGMA on June 18, 2011, 01:18:45 AM
Official "Boyd as captain and Knights on the field, while opponent has Cox as captain" fan club member   :(
Where's the "Cox as captain while opponent has Boyd captain and Knights on field" club?  ;D ;D ;D
I dunno why I kept it on Cox after last week but I sure hope he scores more than 70...

Bluke

Im an offical "Boyd as captain and Knights on feild while opponent has Liem Shiels as Captain" can club member.

Never thought I would say this, but FMDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windigo

Watched the entire game and the 3rd QTR had me really angry. Literally for 15 minutes Adelaide had the ball and Boyd could only get the little dish off.

No marks and not many kick would not have helped.

I had him as C, that's 3 third sub 100 score this year from my captain.  ::)

LaHug

Mitchell already has Boyd's score at half time... haha