Chappy/Pavlich/ROK or Fyfe? (league only)

Started by Possumo, June 17, 2011, 07:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which premium for league?

Chappy
3 (23.1%)
Pavlich
3 (23.1%)
Fyfe
4 (30.8%)
ROK
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Possumo

I'll keep this simple, who should I get (along with Sylvia NEXT week) in order to complete my forward line.

Currently have: Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Goodes, Rioli, Didak, Darling, Krak (Mzungu, Tapscott, Darling)

In regards to Chappy, I only have Selwood at the moment, and most of my decent league opponents have at least 2 Geelong players... but as other have suggested, should I keep my advantage? (although I will most likely be in the top 4, and hopefully I will win in the first week)

Pavlich is dirt cheap but perhaps carrying an injury?

Fyfe has possible injury concerns due to his ability to constantly injure his shoulder?

ROK has been consistent this year, but his history makes me pessimistic he can keep it up...

Cheers guys

Holz

i would go Chappy than Pav, jsut because i think if you have the option to bring in a forward who can average 100 for the rest of the year why not. Plus if you have a good team and dont even have to play that week than having chappy should be no problem.

Mozza3

Pav is the safe option. not too sure if Fyfe can sustain his average and Chappy seems to be a shell of his former self. ROK is on fire but I still reckon Pav is the man.

Possumo

Quote from: Holzman on June 17, 2011, 07:23:10 PM
i would go Chappy than Pav, jsut because i think if you have the option to bring in a forward who can average 100 for the rest of the year why not. Plus if you have a good team and dont even have to play that week than having chappy should be no problem.

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking... it's just that everyone else seems to have brought him in, only to get burned! Would you trust him to not miss any more games over the rest of the season? I definitely like his consistency for league...\

What are your thoughts on Pav regarding scoring potential and do you think he is carrying an injury (as mentioned on the coaches box). His mutli-bye is handy... would you go him over Fyfe too?

Possumo

Quote from: Mozza3 on June 17, 2011, 07:27:14 PM
Pav is the safe option. not too sure if Fyfe can sustain his average and Chappy seems to be a shell of his former self. ROK is on fire but I still reckon Pav is the man.

I was keen on Pav due to his return to form on the weekend (not to mention his price), but he had a pretty poor run prior to that... why do you reckon he is a safe option? Chappy has surely been more consistent (barring his 76 last week).

Mozza3

I reckon Pav is a safer option because he's only missed about 3-5 games since he debuted. Don't forget that Sandi is back soon and Pav will thrive on his tap work.

Possumo

Quote from: Mozza3 on June 17, 2011, 07:38:30 PM
I reckon Pav is a safer option because he's only missed about 3-5 games since he debuted. Don't forget that Sandi is back soon and Pav will thrive on his tap work.

Yeah when I looked at his price this week my gut feeling was that he was the best pickup of the lot... not having Chappy is both a blessing and a curse, because he could very well start pumping out a 110 average again, but it is just as likely he won't....

Having said that, it looks like I will have Darling, and either Mzungu or Krak to cover for Chappy if I play when he has his bye... so cover should be no problem.

j959

Pav - pretty much bottomed out - you're not gonna get him for much less and consistency is good.
no league byes.

Possumo

Quote from: j959 on June 17, 2011, 08:04:14 PM
Pav - pretty much bottomed out - you're not gonna get him for much less and consistency is good.
no league byes.

Everything is pointing to Pav! Funny that others have been voting Fyfe over him in the head to head poll though?

So, I'm going to pull the trigger soon, to PAV or not to PAV? (eg get Chappy, Fyfe or ROK) ?

Possumo

Ended up getting the big Pav. Here's hoping he keeps scoring like a champ :)