Cop a doughnut or stick with getting Howe and a forward premium... (league)

Started by Possumo, June 17, 2011, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which trades should I make? (league, but can probably win my match with a dougnut on the field..)

Toy > Tuohy, Tapscott > premium (ensures I don't cop any doughnuts)
2 (33.3%)
Tapscott > Howe, Darling to a premium (I cop a doughnut but get rid of Darling, possibly saving me a trade)
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Possumo

Okay, so the Adcock injury has thrown a spanner into my trade plans, with B. Smith (who I kept over Otten... :( ) injured, Toy not getting any more games, and Shaw out of course with the bye... I have Heppell, Lower, and Hibberd or Jacobs, BUT I don't have any way to get Jacobs into the backline too, so I'll be copping a doughnut if I don't make a trade (however, I think I can still win my league game despite the fact that my opponent shouldn't be copping any...)

Currently my team looks like this (with trade bait in bold), 10 trades and $166k :

Backs - Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Lower, Hibberd, B. Smith (Shaw, Adcock, Toy)

Mids - Boyd, Thompson, Mitchell, A. Swallow, Harris, Iles (Swan, Selwood, Jacobs)

Forwards - Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Goodes, Rioli, Darling, Mzungu, Harper (Didak, Krak, Tapscott)

So, I'm currently thinking that getting in Tuohy for Toy (who I heard on the Coaches Box isn't likely to play many games for the rest of the season...), and then perhaps a premium forward for Tapscott or Harper (even though I've held on to Tappy for this long, I probably won't ever need to play Harper... so I'm thinking I should just get the extra cash), and getting in Sylvia next week, hopefully using only 3 trades, and leaving me with 7, with a mostly finished team (I will possibly get in another premium back... but Lower has been doing pretty well, so I think I'll only make this trade if I really need to).

Alternatively, I could just get Howe in for Tapscott, and trade Darling to a forward premium... and cop the doughnut... I probably would prefer to be safe than sorry though... ideally I'd like to get rid of Darling (as I will have to much cash on the bench considering I will have Mzungu/Krak to cover), but doing so will make me cop a doughnut... SO annoying!

Anyway, I appreciate the help guys, cheers!

Possumo

I'm guessing my post falls into the "too long didn't read" category?!

So, simply put, should I cop a doughnut and just stick to my trade plans by getting rid of Darling for a premium, or should I get Tuohy and just hold onto Darling in order to cover, and miss out on Howe?

hardnut

Stay the course Possumo, your lwell laid plans should not be derailed by 1 donut.

BTW - you're first post was too long for me to bother reading but your synopsis did the trick  ;)

McRooster

Adcock to Enright, donut covered.

Darling to Pav, premium gained.

Money still left, 8 trades left.

Miss on Howe, but there will be others (Callinan, Talia).
You haven't put your rucks, so I'm assuming you have Zac Smith??? That's one fat cow right there when you need to cull him late season, so the need to make money now is not as prevalent  ;)

I'm taking my season first donut, Zac Smith into this weeks round  :'( - short term pain for long term gain!

Possumo

Quote from: hardnut on June 17, 2011, 08:07:07 PM
Stay the course Possumo, your lwell laid plans should not be derailed by 1 donut.

BTW - you're first post was too long for me to bother reading but your synopsis did the trick  ;)

Haha, yeah I was hoping it would. I guess I just try to cover all the details that are relevant, but it just ends up looking like one of my Uni essay's (maybe I am missing Uni life?! :P It's only been 4 months since I graduated!).

As for my trades this week, it's frustrating because even though I probably should beat my opponent this week (he has 2 premium mid's out like me, and only has Judd/Scotland and Libba/Harris/Atley/Heppell in the mid's vs Boyd, Mitchell, Thompson, A. Swallow, Harris, and Iles, as well as 3 premium forwards vs my 5...) if some of his players smash it I could be in trouble...

Bugger it, I'm just going to stick to my trades... Darling to Pav, and Tapscott to Howe...

Possumo

Quote from: McRooster on June 17, 2011, 08:09:48 PM
Adcock to Enright, donut covered.

Darling to Pav, premium gained.

Money still left, 8 trades left.

Miss on Howe, but there will be others (Callinan, Talia).
You haven't put your rucks, so I'm assuming you have Zac Smith??? That's one fat cow right there when you need to cull him late season, so the need to make money now is not as prevalent  ;)

I'm taking my season first donut, Zac Smith into this weeks round  :'( - short term pain for long term gain!

Heh nah, I didn't put my rucks as I guess I was a bit embarrassed!

- Cox, S. Jacobs, (L. Keefe, Tippett).

I have Jacobs because I traded him for Sandi as soon as he was injured... took him over Smith as he seemed to be scoring well/more likely to keep it up. I was one of the spuds who didn't have Smith or Petrie at the start... unfortunately since I've been (and will be for the next year) overseas since pre-season, I just cobbled together a team at the last minute (after the bloody Carlton/Rich game so I missed Gibbs/Curnow!) due to not knowing when the DT season started (last year it was in Rd. 4!).

Anyway, might turn out okay if Jacobs starts performing again, just a pity that although my opponent has Smith/Cox, he kept Ryder :P

As for your trades, I don't mind the Adcock > Enright trade to much, and was considering it myself (although my league opponents over the next 2-3 weeks should all be quite beatable, and I shouldn't be coping any doughnuts after this round), but the Darling trade will still give me a doughnut, I'll need to trade either Tapscott or Harper in order to cover that... although again as Hardnut suggested, I can probably afford to cop a doughnut this week... and getting rid of Darling is what I want to do in the longterm.

Cheers for the help guys.

Edit: the sideways of Adcock will also cost me a precious trade, requiring another downgrade and leaving me with 6 left instead of 7 if I stick to my 2 upgrades and one downgrade.

Possumo

Ended up taking the safer option and going Tapscott > Pavlich, and B. Smith > Tuohy. Shouldn't have to play Tuohy too much beyond this week (have the option between him and Jacobs next round for example to cover Goddard) if he doesn't perform.

Reasoning: I should already have strong forward cover, with either Mzungu/Krak or Darling as options to cover... although I'm sure Howe will be a good pickup, I don't reckon I'll ever need to play him, whereas Tuohy will come in handy over the next few weeks until Adcock's return, and he seems to be a pretty good player from what I've been reading (Footy Tragic had big wraps on him), so he might even continue to hold his spot.

Appreciate the help though guys, as always.

Edit: Should also still be able to afford to get Sylvia in the mid's for either Harris or Iles next week, as I have 126k in the kitty, keeping 7 trades under my belt for possible sideways (such as Adcock) and for the finals.