Zac Smith - Trade to ??

Started by saccardo, June 17, 2011, 12:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saccardo

I want to trade down Zac Smith this week to cash in and cover a doughnut!

Who do you think has the best scoring potential and likeliness to play the most games out of:

Vardy

Max Bailey

Zac Clarke (While Sandi is out I figured he'll be getting a gig)

I also have cox, sandi and McCauley in my rucks. Each have their pros and cons but i need some HELP!

Ago97

im im the same boat so I reckon vardy is the best option. he is a fairly good scorer for what he is worth so thats who im going 4

PCR10

Max Bailey is the better option and better Job security with Hawthorns ruck problems! with Roughead out for the remainder of the season he will take ruck duties and Hale will take Roughys spot up forward! leaving Renouff to do the ruck work with Bailey.

sya87

Quote from: PCR10 on June 17, 2011, 01:27:55 PM
Max Bailey is the better option and better Job security with Hawthorns ruck problems! with Roughead out for the remainder of the season he will take ruck duties and Hale will take Roughys spot up forward! leaving Renouff to do the ruck work with Bailey.
+1 but dont forget that penguin David Hale.
Im thinking of keeping smith and ridding of sandi for bailey. Is smith good enough to keep as a second ruck?

falcon75

Definitely Vardy or Bailey out of that group. 

Is another option to trade out your 4th ruck in McCauley given Sandilands return is not expected for a few more weeks yet.  In particular, looking forward to R15 & even R16 if Sandilands hasn't returned earlier, if you trade out Smith now you may have both Sandilands & Cox out leaving only Vardy/Bailey/Clarke with McCauley?

Cicjose

LaHug

Quote from: sya87 on June 17, 2011, 01:35:16 PM
Im thinking of keeping smith and ridding of sandi for bailey. Is smith good enough to keep as a second ruck?
Yes. But don't be surprised or upset if he gets a few sub-par scores. He is a rookie, so he can't be super consistent. Still, with no byes left and averaging 80, he seems pretty good!

saccardo

I could trade McCauley, but I see it as a wasted trade in the sense that its costing money. If I trade out z.smith I will have enough money to upgrade darling - fyfe, swallow - pendles, knights - didak and then have 70 odd grand to upgrade lower/puop/otten to a premium defender.

sya87

Quote from: LaHug on June 17, 2011, 01:41:52 PM
Quote from: sya87 on June 17, 2011, 01:35:16 PM
Yes. But don't be surprised or upset if he gets a few sub-par scores. He is a rookie, so he can't be super consistent. Still, with no byes left and averaging 80, he seems pretty good!
Dropping sandi and putting your eggs in the Z smith basket is a risk i know, But its one i think im going to take. Sandi wont come back til after the bye making his absence like 6 weeks. If we knew that back when, i think a lot more people would have cashed in the big fella. TRYING TIMES!

Ago97

But isnt bailey really injury prone??

saccardo

Bailey is the riskier of the two - and its a risky move in itself to be doing. Therefore I think I'm going to go Vardy. As long as he keeps supporting ottens in the ruck and kicking a goal or atleast providing a contest up forward, I can't see anyone taking his position: Mooney is shot on the brink of retirement; tomahawk is on the outer plus can't ruck like Vardy can.

Ago97

Quote from: saccardo on June 17, 2011, 02:46:30 PM
Bailey is the riskier of the two - and its a risky move in itself to be doing. Therefore I think I'm going to go Vardy. As long as he keeps supporting ottens in the ruck and kicking a goal or atleast providing a contest up forward, I can't see anyone taking his position: Mooney is shot on the brink of retirement; tomahawk is on the outer plus can't ruck like Vardy can.
+1

PCR10

all it takes is Hawkins or Mooney to have a good performance in the two's to get back and Vardy will be omitted! they love Hawkins, and Mooney is better than both when he's firing. Bailey will stay in Hawthorns line up for quite a while taking some of the ruck load of Renouf.

yorgis

renouf is out for a while. had his gall bladder removed after he copped a knee in the guts last week. surely that makes baileys js better, at least for a few matches