Main Menu

EOS Wishlists

Started by AFEV, June 17, 2011, 09:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazinga

Quote from: Cicjose on June 21, 2011, 12:22:01 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on June 21, 2011, 12:10:45 PM
Got my eye on this guy ...

Edward Allenson --  I'll go to about $50k, but I'm sure he will go for more.

I notice that Cic has already about bid me   ???

you can go for it baz

Thanks Cic, but I think I will wait and see how high he goes. If he stays under $100k then I might lower my academy investment and have a crack at him. But there will be a lot of guys like him on the market in the next few weeks.

Sid - with my SA at lavish, the maximum investment is a lot lower (improving+ is the highest - which is about $60k). So i have an extra $20k a week and I've decided to invest this money into my YA on improving++. If I can continually afford this investment, my YA should get to Lavish in two seasons. I highly doubt that I will be able to afford it though - maybe the youth pull fairy can send me a gun 16yr old in week one of next season  :P

AFEV

We can always dream!
I think I will be doing the same, I'll probably sell off a couple of players at EOS after seeing my new leagues, Keens would be the first to go. I've been investing 70k into my SA each week for improving++ so hopefully lavish isn't far away.
I think I might start investing in youths next season as well, With my SA at lavish I'll be able to drop that investment down a bit and get my YA up to good, probably not much further than that until my young guys get up and I can compete in Div 3/2 in Scotland that is probably still a good 4 seasons away though.

cookie311993

cic is only chasing cause he is australian and good. cic is particular in only purchasing australians

Bazinga

I love the idea (dream) of pulling a 16yr old gun and actually being able to keep him and train him up myself, meaning he would be in my team for up to ten seasons - that would be  8) 8) 8)

I was originally planning to neglect youths for another season, but it had too much effect on my supporter mood and thus my crowds and gate takings suffered.

Bazinga

Quote from: cookie311993 on June 21, 2011, 12:53:51 PM
cic is only chasing cause he is australian and good. cic is particular in only purchasing australians

LOL that is exactly the reason that I am chasing him.

AFEV

Quote from: Bazinga on June 21, 2011, 12:55:37 PM
I love the idea (dream) of pulling a 16yr old gun and actually being able to keep him and train him up myself, meaning he would be in my team for up to ten seasons - that would be  8) 8) 8)

I was originally planning to neglect youths for another season, but it had too much effect on my supporter mood and thus my crowds and gate takings suffered.
I suppose. My supporters are pissed at me anyway, because I'm going to relegate in T20/SOD :P

Nails

Quote from: Sid on June 21, 2011, 12:57:44 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on June 21, 2011, 12:55:37 PM

I suppose. My supporters are pissed at me anyway, because I'm going to relegate in T20/SOD :P

I'm getting relegated in T20... my supporters mood plopped but since I've taken over we've won by 10 wickets in T20 and should win this one by 100-150 runs :(

Bazinga

Just concentrate on next season (and beyond) Nails.

Nails

Quote from: Bazinga on June 21, 2011, 01:01:33 PM
Just concentrate on next season (and beyond) Nails.

To infinite and beyond!

Fletch74

I'm just wondering whether i should start selling off my oldies now.

I've secured promotion in SOD to Div 3, and guaranteed to stay up in Div 3, but still have a chance for Div 2 - sort of don't want to go there though with a young side because of supporter mood, etc

If I do, I won't get as much as if I sell them at EOS, but then if I look for 21-23yo's at EOS they will also be inflated.

Should I begin selling now, and then look for some bargains before EOS, or should I wait til EOS and try and ride the luck that there are some bargains to pick up?

What's everyone's thoughts?

Cicjose

Quote from: cookie311993 on June 21, 2011, 12:53:51 PM

you say that like its a bad thing.....

Bazinga

Fletch - if you want to sell now, list them for a price which you think they are worth. If they sell, you get your desired $$$ amount. If they don't sell, list them again one day before EOS - this way they will be on the TM when everyone gets their prizemoney. Its hard to guess how expensive 21 - 23yr olds will be at EOS.

Fletch74

Well, I just relised I can only list one at a time as I have only 13 players... So I might just sell one, then wait til EOS

Nails

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 21, 2011, 02:53:50 PM
Well, I just relised I can only list one at a time as I have only 13 players... So I might just sell one, then wait til EOS

Just go buy a few players for $1,000-$2,000 that are ending soon then you can sell as many as you wish.

Fletch74

I would, but I'm broke ATM. Had to play bots away last week.