Barlow's Impact

Started by glynman90, June 16, 2011, 07:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glynman90

With Barlow back in will Lower and Mzungu's scores suffer? I've got both on the field this week thanks to all the outs but I could replace Lower with Pops and Mzungu with I. Smith.

Thoughts?

Cicjose

Lower and Mzungu should improve if anything Barlow should be tagged......

BillyPil

When Barlow plays well he usually gets first possession from the tap, so Freo getting more ball means more chance of possessions for everyone. In Lower's case, he has to get it out to someone so I think he'll only benefit if anything.

Nails

As far as Barlow's impact it might have been interesting but Mundy's injury coinciding with Barlow's return pretty much makes it mean moot for Lower/Gunzungu

Stirling

mate id leave it as is if i was you ive heard from one of my friends at the club barlow is likely to start as the sub and only play for a half so i wouldnt worry to much about him affecting your scores. can you hlep me out http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,38869.0.html

yorgis

why should there be any difference ? after all barlow is just slipping into mundy's role

Nails

Quote from: yorgis on June 16, 2011, 08:14:35 PM
why should there be any difference ? after all barlow is just slipping into mundy's role

Could have just +1'd me and saved yourself the effort yorgis :P

yorgis

sorry nails , but your post was'nt posted when i posted. [if that makes any sense]

ANYWAY   +1

Wes Mantooth

im more concerned about fyfe losing midfield time

MTTY

Quote from: Stirling on June 16, 2011, 08:10:48 PM
mate id leave it as is if i was you ive heard from one of my friends at the club barlow is likely to start as the sub and only play for a half so i wouldnt worry to much about him affecting your scores. can you hlep me out http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,38869.0.html
From the article i read from Mark Harvey, he said that he wouldn't ease Barlow back in. so that probably means he won't start as sub, although before i read it i would have agreed that he would most likely start sub. I think his best on ground 33 possession effort in the WAFL has shown his fitness and form.

Fossil11

Quote from: yorgis on June 16, 2011, 08:14:35 PM
+infinity
is just filling a role. if they played a worse player than barlow mzungu and lowers scores would drop

Wes Mantooth

thats all well and good but mundy is out for 8 weeks max, therefore when he comes back there will be 4 weeks (finals) where there could be log jam and players will clash - not ideal.

glynman90

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 16, 2011, 09:45:44 PM
thats all well and good but mundy is out for 8 weeks max, therefore when he comes back there will be 4 weeks (finals) where there could be log jam and players will clash - not ideal.

I'll have to worry about that then but hopefully I'll have a spare trade to upgrade Lower.

Slap

I dont think mundy and barlow are interchangable right away.  I hope I'm wrong because I want Barlow to do very well for the remainder of his career.  But, I'm just tapering my expectations for Barlow's return, I don't expect him to replace Mundy's output from the get go.  Mundy was having a great season, and for someone to come off a broken leg and a large absence from the game is a big expectation!!

BillyPil

yeah, I think Lower might find it hard to get games once Mundy is back, but i hope to have upgraded him by then.
May hang onto Muzungu as cover depending on how the Freo back half is looking come that time of year.