S. Hogan Geelong

Started by toodledock, June 19, 2009, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toodledock

Anyone got him, any news?

Had him all year, he played one 40 point game and it looks like hawkins and longeron and mumford are going to cstop any chance he has of getting int?

ronl

I've got him, but I'm not holding my breath.  Bomber's words prior to round 1 really sucked me in - "I see Hogan getting about 15 games this year"  I think he'll probably get game time in the firsts towards the end of the year when the Cats rest a few forwards coming up to the finals. I've pretty well written Hogan off, even as a possible cash cow later in the year, it's too late really to do anything but a sideways trade, which would be stupid, or hold on to him and hope I've got good cover on the forward line and don't cop too many injuries up there forcing me  into wasting a sideways trade in order to avoid donuts, hope that makes sense.  It was a bad decision getting him, and now I'm suffering the consequences.

bluebaggers

It was false hopes on my behalf too, picking a geelong rookie and hoping he could get plenty of games was crazy...

Taking nothing away from this kid because he can play, but he'll be a player you'd pick in 2 years time maybe when he's cemented his spot in geelongs best 22.

Buying him now for a downgrade is a massive risk, I'm unfortuanely sitting him on the pine for the whole year hoping he gets minimal games so he can be picked up next year for cheap.

Cutty

Sitting on my bench all year as well, don't hold your breath on him being of any use

hibbo

He got named on extended bench this weekend, but like usual he's 99% sure to be an emg. It's a shame, he'd be playing in any other side except Geelong. He has been dominating in the VFL...so he can't do anymore.

But I bloody hope he plays so he can cover Ballantyne this week!

gerco

Quote from: toodledock on June 19, 2009, 06:26:52 AMlooks like hawkins and longeron and mumford are going to cstop any chance he has of getting int?

He is small forward/midfielder, so players like Chapman, Byrnes, Stokes and Gamble are keeping him out rather than Hawkins and Lonny.

I got him at the start of the year thinking he would get games, but clearly he has inherited the tag of "the best player in the Geelong VFL side that is kept out of the seniors because Mark Thompson loves Shannon Brynes/Matthew Stokes" from Brent Prismall, and Tim Callan before him.

toodledock

his named there's a start even if he cant be a cash cow, I would just like added security up there in the foreward line seems like everyone picked taylor walker or lots of people instead of this guy

he sounds promosing but getting a run on the field is the key!

nas

Not only as mentioned before but Gamble / Varcoe are also holding him out.

Might have to do a Prismall

ronl

With Lloyd and Lucas finishing up and Neagle and Jetta disappointing, I'm sure Essendon would be interested in reuniting him with Prismall.

nas

^^
And in saying that I'm sure if getting a game week in week out then maybe a move could be on the cards

AlphaMale

Should maybe go to Pap Smears then Bogan to hogan

toodledock

named again, but a kid is hardly going to debut against the saints?

roo boys!

wat happened 2 buddy last nite???? and roughead i had em both and the guy i was playing had hargrave and higgins

toodledock

54 not bad
probably wont hold his position with stevie j coming back?

although he should they had not much going on in the foreward line the cats

gerco

I thought he didn't play too badly. Very slick hands and looked the part in regard to the ball movement the Cats are famous for.

I thought Stokes was very lucky to come back so maybe he will be dumped and Hogan will stay in the 22. Fingers crossed!