How do I improve my team?

Started by daniel_4tw, June 19, 2009, 01:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel_4tw

Backs:
Goddard, Adcock, Gilbee, McLeod, Grimes, Suban, Broughton, (Cornes, Pratt)

Mids:
Ablett (C), Bartel, Joel Selwood, Gibbs, Judd, Cooney (Muston, DeBoer)

Rucks:
Cox, McIntosh, (Pyke, Sellar)

Fwd:
Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, J. Brown, Franklin, Higgins, Porplyzia, (Sidebottom, Healey)

4 trades left
$62,000 in the bank

Ranked: 2,925 of 278,779
League ranking: 6th with 5-3. However have won the last 4 on the trot and will win this week, so team is coming good.

What should I do? I know my backline is weak - but that will bolstered once Chad Cornes returns.

I wanted to upgrade someone to Hodge either this week or next week.

Thoughts and suggestions?

chris

With 4 trades left I would wait 3-4 weeks then upgrade one of Suban, Grimes or Broughton and keep your remaining trades for finals

freezer

I agree with Chris, hold on for a couple of weeks. Hodge will still drop in price.

daniel_4tw

Quote from: freezer on June 19, 2009, 02:16:12 AM
I agree with Chris, hold on for a couple of weeks. Hodge will still drop in price.

Luke Hodge has a b/e of 74 this week, he averages just over that, and I think after the break he will be back to his best, averaging about 90 a game. Being under $300,000, I feel this is the last chance to get him before he sky-rockets to a more suitable price.

Kinda in the mentality of now and never for Hodgey as this is the cheapest he'll be for the year.

freezer

You're right, sorry i was thinking of his SC BE for this round.
Is it still worth the trade with only 4 left and a fair chunk of the season to go?

chris

Still think you need to wait 3-4 weeks, yep you might miss Hodge but no use having Hodge and a donut or 2 elsewhere cause you have no trades left

Cutty

if you think you need Hodge then now is the time to get him, the fact that you have 4 trades left means you've most likely had some injury problems but that is something you can't do anything about, upgrade while you can and take a gamble. risk big, win big

Flame

I have a similar ranking to you with only 7 trades left, and I'm nervous about that. Hodge isn't going far in price. You must be in a good league!!

Save those trades!!!