upgrade to a mid priced defender

Started by beermee, June 16, 2011, 11:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermee

I am looking to upgrade Batchelor to a mid priced defender. I have about $100k to spend and have narrowed my choices down to:

J.Macdonald $310k, last 4 AVE 84

Broadbent $291k, last 4 AVE 87 (dpp - MID/DEF)

Johncock $304k, last 4 AVE 79 (but his 'last 3 AVE' is 93)

Rance $287k, last 4 AVE 83

S.Martin $313k, last 4 AVE 90

I am trying to pick someone who is very consistent and wouldnt mind saving some $$, because that will help with my next week upgrade which I am looking at getting in either didak, rok or fyffe (dependant on my cash situation and which FWD or MID I decide to trade up).....

Any thoughts / comments / suggestions regarding my shortlisted players...????

I am slightly leaning to Johncock based on points or Broadbent for his DEF/MID link (even though I already have buckley, heppell doing that link already)...

dale93

As a port adelaide supporter Broadbent is a gun but not much of a buy in fantasy so i would say Johncock is your option.....What about spending 10k more and get enright?

beermee

i am trying to avoid the teams that have BYES during DT finals (carlton, geelong, north, ess).

dale93

Johncock is your best option then :)

beermee

thanks guys, i'll go with johncock......!

Andrew

Out of who you've listed, I'd go with Joel MacDonald. Got a non-DT league game bye and with no Grimes they need that rebounding defender to get plenty of it.

But Enright is only $317k, instead you're spending a couple of thousand less on guys who you can't trust. I'd cop the DT semi-final bye and hop on Enright if you're looking for someone cheap.

beermee

good point, but i am thinkg that 1 or 2 less geelong players in my side might actually get me through that week of DT finals..... i should do well against a side that has enrght/selwood/chapman say.... who knows, i could be wrong, but thats how i am playing it....

looking at the stats, enright hasnt really been any more consitent than johncock, macdonald, broadbent. his average is marginally higher, but his price tells us his form is down on early in the year.... i guess i am trying to find a value player who might be on the way up, as opposed to a 'form drop' player like enright.....

i am pretty sure johncocks score is supported by the fact that he takes most of the 'behind kick ins' - does macdoanld take them too??