Previous topic - Next topic

Which MPP?

Isaac Smith
6 (35.3%)
Ian Callinan
11 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

L3nnyHay3s

I've been doing some trade planning and I can only squeeze one of these guys in. Smith could possibly play this week and is on the bubble but I'm a bit worried about his job security. He disappeared after playing well a few weeks ago (injury?), and is only coming in because of all the Hawks injuries. Some look only short/mid term so could he disappear again later in the season when they return?

Callinan just played his first game in SANFL last weekend I think and could possibly have more job security if the Crows keep losing and perhaps give up on finals and start playing the kids.

So my dliemna is, get Smith now? Or wait and take a chance on Callinan? Of course the risk is he may never play for the Crows.

I want them mainly for DPP but of course it would be a huge bonus if they actually played regularly too as bench cover.

Please vote! Thanks.

Cicjose

Callinan is not a kid he is a 28 yr old mature rookie..... you don't recruit these players unless they are going to play....

swishy

Quote from: Cicjose on June 16, 2011, 01:04:50 AM
Callinan is not a kid he is a 28 yr old mature rookie..... you don't recruit these players unless they are going to play....
+1 callinan for sure when hes finally named

shents

Smith will prelace Young while he is injured, but as sson as Young is good again smith will disappear. Callinan will play, just when is the question. Definitely the adelaide man.

2 large cokes

depends if your wanting the mmp for this round or for future?
smith will deffinately play this week and most likely a few more after this. his no certainty to hold his spot after 4/5 games.
but as they said about calinan may play for adelaide I'n 3-4 weeks and finish off the year?

TigerBob

if smith plays well he'll hold his spot, young has been shoothouse most of the games he's played this year, the only reason smith hasn't played recently is because of an undisclosed injury (3 weeks for 'soreness') he looked good in the 2 games he played, not only with run but the speed he brings as well.

callinan will play every game for the rest of the year once he gets in due to his age.

if smith named this week go bang, if not wait for callinan.

Jazz-man

as an Adelaidean, just be warned that Callinan's name hasnt been mentioned in the media at all since his injury...

glam77

heard an interview with a crows offical who said calinan would play 3 sanfl games before being considered. personally i wouldn't be surprised if he was tried out earlier than that, as by all reports he played a great game for centrals over the weekend/

thatguy

Quote from: swishy on June 16, 2011, 01:06:08 AM
+1 callinan for sure when hes finally named
+2

J-Banger

When the crows recruited him, they were going for the top 8. Teams recruit mature age players to play, sometimes true, but they also recruit them for depth. The crows aren't going to make the 8 and it looks as if we will struggle to make the 8 next year as well. Callinan is 28 so the question has to be asked... if the club is building for the future and can't make finals this year... why give a 28 year old a game when he won't be a part of the team when it is going for a premiership again in a few years? The only thing that will give Callinan a game is injuries. And we have a lot. Craig likes to field the best team, to make sure there is pressure on spots and to keep a winning culture at the club. Will be interesting to see what happens...