Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 15, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dicey7

Zip

Do you think it's worth having didak or Chapman as my last forward upgrade? I'll be upgrading krak. The issue is if I went chaps I'll have to do a downgrade an hope that he drops around 15k from now I currently have 7 trade left

LF

Quote from: luvfooty on June 16, 2011, 05:32:05 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on June 16, 2011, 05:17:40 PM
hi zip
i need a little bit more cash to trade mundy to someone decent is it worth trading smith to a cheap ruckman if bailey plays leaving my rucks
cox,sandi,bailey and ?
only other cash cow who is ready is heppell and i don`t want to trade him yet.

I've said this in another post, you could consider a straight swap to a bottomed out mid/fwd dpp, have that player cover your mids until you build up some cash for upgrades, then dpp into the fwd line to complete your fwd.
my forward line is complete tho so that won't work.
i`ll post my full team so you can get a better look.

backs
goddard,gibbs,scotland,deledio,gram,heppell,suckling
pederson,jacobs,puopolo

mids
pendles,boyd,bartel,mitchell,mundy,hibberd
krak,wallis,callinan

rucks
cox,sandi
smith,bailey

forwards
pav,goodes,sylvia,stevie.j,rioli,higgins,n.roo
mzungu,howe,harper

Ziplock

Quote from: luvfooty on June 16, 2011, 06:04:32 PM
hi zip
i need a little bit more cash to trade mundy to someone decent is it worth trading smith to a cheap ruckman if bailey plays leaving my rucks
cox,sandi,bailey and ?

I've said this in another post, you could consider a straight swap to a bottomed out mid/fwd dpp, have that player cover your mids until you build up some cash for upgrades, then dpp into the fwd line to complete your fwd.

backs
pederson,jacobs,puopolo

mids
krak,wallis,callinan

rucks
cox,sandi
smith,bailey

forwards
mzungu,howe,harper

You may as well downgrade smith and play bailey then this week. A bit of a gamble as it means you're relying on bailey + gawn (I presume that's who you'll trade to) playing until the return of sandilands, but, if you don't do it looks like you'll be facing a doughnut.

footyfan11

Hi Zip, current side

Backs: Gibbs, Shaw, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Lower, Stanley (Hibberd, Adcock, Otten)

Mid: Boyd, Murphy, Swan, Ablett, Montag, Mzungu (Harris, Jacobs, Bewick)

Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Vardy, Curnow)

Forwards: Johnson, Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, Chapman, Darling, Prestia (Tapscott, Matera, J. Tippet)

300k remaining with 10 trades. dont mind burning a few trades to finalise the team.

I am considering Adcock > K. Hunt + ~$200k = ~$500k total

next week Harris > Pendles = ~290k remaining, Matera > Sylvia = ~180k remaining

then using the remaining cash to upgrade Prestia eventually or upgrading the likes of Toy.

what do you think?

Ziplock

Quote from: joepgray on June 16, 2011, 05:29:38 PM
Hey Zip,

Thanks very much. Probably aiming at Iles>Ablett and Stanley>Tuohy this week then.

Also on my chopping block are: Jacobs, Toy, Howard, Hibberd, Prestia, Nicholson, Matera and Richardson.

I'm pretty set on bring in Ablett this week and Pendles next week, so guess that means I need to drop Iles, Stanley, Hibberd and Matera just for the $$. I know that Stanley, Hibberd & Iles will probably make a little more cash, but will gains in Ablett & possibly Pendles to balance that out?

Was planning to go Matera>cheapie & Hibberd>Pendles next week, but might hope for a bit a of luck that either Tuohy, Howe or another good option have a week off and pick up those who are playing. Or should I hold off on Pendles and wait for the cows to fatten a little more? (next few league games should be easier)

Cheers,
Joe

I would just downgrade Matera next week and get in pendles. Might as well complete your team asap.
The game isn't about cash, it's about points, and ablett is going to be getting you at least 20-30 points more than a rookie, and more likely 50 points more than a rook per game.

Ziplock

Quote from: dicey7 on June 16, 2011, 05:55:09 PM
Zip

Do you think it's worth having didak or Chapman as my last forward upgrade? I'll be upgrading krak. The issue is if I went chaps I'll have to do a downgrade an hope that he drops around 15k from now I currently have 7 trade left

mmm, they've both been pretty poor this season. If you're running that low on trades, considering their injury risks and sub-par season performances, I would stay away.

pinochio

zip one more query for ya?

who to start as 7th back: pups, stanley or duigan???
who to bench out of: prestia, harris and mzungu???

thx

LF

Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 06:57:44 PM
hi zip
cox,sandi,bailey and ?

backs
pederson,jacobs,puopolo

mids
krak,wallis,callinan

rucks
cox,sandi
smith,bailey

forwards
mzungu,howe,harper

You may as well downgrade smith and play bailey then this week. A bit of a gamble as it means you're relying on bailey + gawn (I presume that's who you'll trade to) playing until the return of sandilands, but, if you don't do it looks like you'll be facing a doughnut.

what do you think of harper to smith instead?

Ziplock

Quote from: footyfan11 on June 16, 2011, 06:58:09 PM
Hi Zip, current side

Backs: Gibbs, Shaw, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Lower, Stanley (Hibberd, Adcock, Otten)

Mid: Boyd, Murphy, Swan, Ablett, Montag, Mzungu (Harris, Jacobs, Bewick)

Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Vardy, Curnow)

Forwards: Johnson, Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, Chapman, Darling, Prestia (Tapscott, Matera, J. Tippet)

300k remaining with 10 trades. dont mind burning a few trades to finalise the team.

I am considering Adcock > K. Hunt + ~$200k = ~$500k total

next week Harris > Pendles = ~290k remaining, Matera > Sylvia = ~180k remaining

then using the remaining cash to upgrade Prestia eventually or upgrading the likes of Toy.

what do you think?

I think it sounds good. 6 trades remaining for the rest of the season may be cutting it a little fine... I would personally upgrade lower/ stanley rather than toy- your bench cover is good enough to keep carrying toy, and it means you can get a true premium back rather than double trading/ skimping out.

But overall as a plan, looks solid.

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on June 16, 2011, 07:02:37 PM
zip one more query for ya?

who to start as 7th back: pups, stanley or duigan???
who to bench out of: prestia, harris and mzungu???

thx

start pups vsing gc
mmmm, tough call, I would definitely play mzungu... I would probably bench harris, for this week anyway.

Ziplock

Quote from: luvfooty on June 16, 2011, 07:04:17 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 06:57:44 PM
hi zip
cox,sandi,bailey and ?

backs
pederson,jacobs,puopolo

mids
krak,wallis,callinan

rucks
cox,sandi
smith,bailey

forwards
mzungu,howe,harper

what do you think of harper to smith instead?

Harper's made almost no money, personally, I prefer downgrading smith.

LF

Holz

see what you think of this.

Im getting rid of selwood and i have 7 trades left, i can either go Selwood to Gaz or I can go Selwood to Mitchell and Knights to Sylvia. I go for ranking so i only care which combo will score more for the rest of the season. Knights is going to drop alot in value this week so its now or never.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on June 16, 2011, 07:09:36 PM
see what you think of this.

Im getting rid of selwood and i have 7 trades left, i can either go Selwood to Gaz or I can go Selwood to Mitchell and Knights to Sylvia. I go for ranking so i only care which combo will score more for the rest of the season. Knights is going to drop alot in value this week so its now or never.

Sylvia will drop more than knights imo, but let's give this a shot

Ablett can average 110+ from here out, while IMO Mitchell will average slightly less.

That being said, Sylvia's average will destroy knights from here on out by probably close to 20 points

honestly, for a combo of knights + Ablett v Mitchell + Sylvia, Mitchell + SYlvia wins hands down. That being said, how much more would sylvia need to drop than knights next week in order for you to straight swap it? If it looks feasible, then I would go for ablett and cross your fingers.

Chelskiman

Ok, Zip, I need some advice, but this round hasn't been as bad as I originally thought.

My backs seem ok for what this round has thrown us up, so we will skip that.

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Broughton, Lower, Puopolo <Jacobs (EMG), Adcock, Toy>

My mids are much better than what I thought with Montagna being named, but with Selwood out I'm going to need a replacement.  I was tossing up between GAJ and Murphy, and I know I asked you this before and you told me GAJ, but I'll ask again for confirmation.

Mids: Boyd, Thompson, Selwood, Goodes, Montagna, Hibberd <Evans (EMG), Pendlebury, Swan>

My rucks are screwed, and I need some serious advice here.  With Bailey being named I was thinking of cashing in on Smith, and then in the next few weeks I can trade Adcock for Shaw, and then either Matera/Yarran/Krakouer (depending on money) for Sylvia.  during this time Bailey should be enough cover until Sandi comes back.

Rucks: Cox, Smith <Sandilands, Derickx>

My forwards are good, it just depends on if I play I. Smith or Howe, which is where I need your advice.

Forwards: Stevie J, Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Chapman, Yarran, Mzungu, I. Smith <Howe (EMG), Krakouer, Matera>

I currently have 10 trades left, and exatly $34,000 in the bank.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I love this segment, and please don't cancel on us any time soon!