Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 15, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

I have a question: Is the reason you do these threads to get your post count up?

Ziplock

Quote from: fran on June 16, 2011, 12:29:11 AM
I have a question: Is the reason you do these threads to get your post count up?

*shifty eyes*

I've been caught out! time to delete my account and run for it!

nah, not really, I make these threads to help people... why, don't you think my insight is helpful?

Memphistopheles

What are you thoughts on a replacement for Mundy.

Have Boyd, Ablett and Murphy.

Possibles are Watson, Mitchell, Shiels, Thompson, A Swallow, Redden, Rischitelli, Wells, Rockliff - basically I can afford anyone.

Also what are your thoughts on Mark LeCras as a trade in (for Knights) after the Eagles next bye?

Would you downgrade Matera--->Howe this week or trade out Adcock this week even though i have plenty of cover.

Ziplock

For overall (as you are going for) Watson can't be ignored. Slow start after his injury, and I expect one more sub par game from him (probably 80/90s) then back to slutting it up as he did in the first part of the season pre injury. Apart from him, I would also rate highly Mitchell, Swallow and Rocky as you said.

Lecras seems to absolutely kill is against weaker teams, see suns/ dogs, but struggle against stronger, see pies and essendon (with a fit watson). Not for me- too up and down, and atm his price is up.

I would downgrade matera this week. Howe looks too good to pass up as a fwd cover, and matera does need to go. Adcock can be covered easily with the likes of jacobs, pups, hibberd for at least a week while we get an timeon his injury.

HTL

Hey ziplock,

Rucks: cox, smith, vickery and bailey

I was planning on downgrading vickery to gawn this week, for money to replace Mundy (No money ). But now Smith isn’t playing what should I do? Ditch vickery and play either gawn or bailey or keep him and come up with another plan?

Ziplock

Quote from: HTL on June 16, 2011, 10:40:35 AM
Hey ziplock,

Rucks: cox, smith, vickery and bailey

I was planning on downgrading vickery to gawn this week, for money to replace Mundy (No money ). But now Smith isn’t playing what should I do? Ditch vickery and play either gawn or bailey or keep him and come up with another plan?

what about maybe trading mundy (straight swap) to a dpp forward? Then have the dpp fwd cover your mids, which means you can downgrade vickery later and play him this week.

That being said, doesnt look like there's many decent ruck downgrades floating around. So, if that idea doesnt  tickle your pickle, just go with your original plan and field bailey.

HTL

Yeah that could work, can do a straight swap to Pav. Think I'll wait and see for the teams then bite the bullet.

joepgray

Hey Zip,

Got three trades I'd like to do this week, having trouble figuring out which two to make:

Stanley > KHunt (is Tuohy worth a look over him?)
Iles > Ablett
Matera > Howe

I should be able to avoid all the donuts going around except Zmith's and have an easy league game, so more looking to make enough coin to afford Pendles next week (might be tight!).

Ziplock

Quote from: joepgray on June 16, 2011, 03:31:23 PM
Hey Zip,

Got three trades I'd like to do this week, having trouble figuring out which two to make:

Stanley > KHunt (is Tuohy worth a look over him?)
Iles > Ablett
Matera > Howe

I should be able to avoid all the donuts going around except Zmith's and have an easy league game, so more looking to make enough coin to afford Pendles next week (might be tight!).

I would be looking more at Tuohy over Hunt. Hunt's a viable downgrade option, but only if there's nothing else in the backline, and atm Tuohy looks pretty good.

Your issue here is deciding which is the more urgent downgrade. You could double downgrade, but then you lose ablett's 90-150 points this week, so that's not a really viable option. Subsequently, Ablett has to come in now.

So lock that trade in.

In terms of scoring potential, I probably rate Howe above Touhy, as well as that, defence downgrades seem to be popping up occasionally, but we haven't had a decent fwd one in quite some time. My only issue is job security- and I don't have much insight on either of these guys unfortunately in that regard- howe could lose his spot when tapscott comes back?

Honestly, if you intend on getting both Stanley + Matera out soon, I would trade Stanley first as he will be the one most likely to lose cash due to matera's injury. If you intend on trading out just one in the next few weeks, I would be dropping Matera first and waiting for stanley's 40 odd to get out of his rolling average.

Does that answer the question?

sammy

Ziplock, do you think trading Selwood to Bartel is too risky? i reckon Jimmy might step up a bit while Selwoods out and his price has bottomed out.

Ziplock

I wouldn't do it. Bartel's scoring goes up, it will decrease again when selwood returns, + he has a finals bye. I personally would just be straight swapping for someone like thompson, ablett etc.

LF

hi zip
i need a little bit more cash to trade mundy to someone decent is it worth trading smith to a cheap ruckman if bailey plays leaving my rucks
cox,sandi,bailey and ?
only other cash cow who is ready is heppell and i don`t want to trade him yet.

Ziplock

Quote from: luvfooty on June 16, 2011, 05:17:40 PM
hi zip
i need a little bit more cash to trade mundy to someone decent is it worth trading smith to a cheap ruckman if bailey plays leaving my rucks
cox,sandi,bailey and ?

I've said this in another post, you could consider a straight swap to a bottomed out mid/fwd dpp, have that player cover your mids until you build up some cash for upgrades, then dpp into the fwd line to complete your fwd.

joepgray

Hey Zip,

Thanks very much. Probably aiming at Iles>Ablett and Stanley>Tuohy this week then.

Also on my chopping block are: Jacobs, Toy, Howard, Hibberd, Prestia, Nicholson, Matera and Richardson.

I'm pretty set on bring in Ablett this week and Pendles next week, so guess that means I need to drop Iles, Stanley, Hibberd and Matera just for the $$. I know that Stanley, Hibberd & Iles will probably make a little more cash, but will gains in Ablett & possibly Pendles to balance that out?

Was planning to go Matera>cheapie & Hibberd>Pendles next week, but might hope for a bit a of luck that either Tuohy, Howe or another good option have a week off and pick up those who are playing. Or should I hold off on Pendles and wait for the cows to fatten a little more? (next few league games should be easier)

Cheers,
Joe

LF

Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on June 16, 2011, 05:17:40 PM
hi zip
cox,sandi,bailey and ?

I've said this in another post, you could consider a straight swap to a bottomed out mid/fwd dpp, have that player cover your mids until you build up some cash for upgrades, then dpp into the fwd line to complete your fwd.
my forward line is complete tho so that won't work.
i`ll post my full team so you can get a better look.