Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 15, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyPil

Hi Zip,

I've got Adcock, 12 trades left, and 14k in the bank.

My backs are Deledio, Enright, Shaw, Heppel, Lower, Adcock, Otten (Stanley, Nicholson, Toy). I've currently got Goddard and Gibbs in the mids.

What do I do this week with Shaw out? I could play Nicholson or Toy if they are named, but it doesn't look likely.

Should I put Adcock on the bench and wait and see, trade him down this week, or possibly downgrade Darling/Knights to someone and upgrade Adcock?

Thanks!

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 10:34:07 PM
personally, I'm holding adcock as I'm going for league and have an easy run for the rest of it until finals, so I wont be trading unless the injury is season ending.

If you're going for overall/ eliminator though, longer than 4 weeks is the limit. We have no idea what adcock's status is though.

Yeah I'm going for league now and he does have a good run home. I'm thinking he'll be a 6-7 week timeframe which should mean he's back after Brisbane's bye which is a non-DT league game anyway.

Victorius Secret

Ziplock, why is my missus always moody?  :-\

and i'll be trading selwood to ablett this week.. should my other trade be

Lower to Enright?
or
Knights to Goodes?

Help!? thanks in advance  :)

elephants

Zippo

Should i play max bailey in as my second ruck and therefore have mzungu as cover in my fwds?
or
Should i play petrie as my second ruck and lose my fwd cover?

Leaning towards playing Maxxy as he will hopefully give me 50-70...

Ziplock

Quote from: BillyPil on June 15, 2011, 10:36:12 PM
Hi Zip,

I've got Adcock, 12 trades left, and 14k in the bank.

My backs are Deledio, Enright, Shaw, Heppel, Lower, Adcock, Otten (Stanley, Nicholson, Toy). I've currently got Goddard and Gibbs in the mids.

What do I do this week with Shaw out? I could play Nicholson or Toy if they are named, but it doesn't look likely.

Should I put Adcock on the bench and wait and see, trade him down this week, or possibly downgrade Darling/Knights to someone and upgrade Adcock?

Thanks!

sub goddard with nicolson and play him and stanley? UNless you think you're in for a close eliminator/ are in it for overall, might as well wait a week or two or adcock to see how bad it is.

pinochio

Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 09:33:39 PM
Quote from: pinochio on June 15, 2011, 09:30:36 PM
thx zip,

should i trade duigan or stanley for enright (only have SJ from cats) to have the kept dude as D8
OR
knights who is F7 to sylvia/pav

or neither?

Upgrade duigan to enright now and keep stanley as cover- mature body with no byes left.

Sylvia will be properly bottomed out next week, you can make the trade then- will be close to a straight swap.

is this the time to go duigan to enright??? is there any other defenders bottoming out???

as for the knights swap, essentially i want knights as a forward emg...ie matera/richo better start making money :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Victorius Secret on June 15, 2011, 10:39:08 PM
Ziplock, why is my missus always moody?  :-\

and i'll be trading selwood to ablett this week.. should my other trade be

Lower to Enright?
or
Knights to Goodes?

Help!? thanks in advance  :)

either because you play DT or she's constantly on the rag :P

if you plan on getting enright and goodes soon, enright comes first. Goode's BE is achievable, but against carlton I don't see him smashing it.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2011, 10:41:22 PM
Zippo

Should i play max bailey in as my second ruck and therefore have mzungu as cover in my fwds?
or
Should i play petrie as my second ruck and lose my fwd cover?

Leaning towards playing Maxxy as he will hopefully give me 50-70...

I would play Mzungu against melbourne over bailey personally. Who will bailey be up against in the rucks with smith out? fraser?

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on June 15, 2011, 10:49:04 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 09:33:39 PM
Quote from: pinochio on June 15, 2011, 09:30:36 PM
thx zip,

should i trade duigan or stanley for enright (only have SJ from cats) to have the kept dude as D8
OR
knights who is F7 to sylvia/pav

or neither?

Upgrade duigan to enright now and keep stanley as cover- mature body with no byes left.

Sylvia will be properly bottomed out next week, you can make the trade then- will be close to a straight swap.

is this the time to go duigan to enright??? is there any other defenders bottoming out???

as for the knights swap, essentially i want knights as a forward emg...ie matera/richo better start making money :P

now is the time for enright with a low BE, from memory he's the only decent defender bottomed out. Matera's made enough money imo to warrant a trade out down to someone like howe, then you just need to upgrade someone else next week to sylvia :D

Alka

OK so I'm already thinking Selwood -> GAJ.
My other premiums are: Boyd, Pendles, Montagna, Judd.
The plan is to bring in Swan as my final mid upon his return.

Is there anyone else I should even consider or is GAJ far and away the best option? (no byes, doesn't double up as another mid from the same club, huge scoring potential, plays every game etc).

My second trade is tougher.
It's either:
1. Adcock -> Enright.
or
2. Knights -> Tippet.

Tippet is to open up a much needed RUCK/FWD link to get Petrie in as my 8th FWD (the role Knights currently has).
My concern with the Adcock trade is it might be too early to pull the trigger? If he's out for more than 3 games I'd want him gone. I have a tough league run atm. And will he even go back to his high scoring upon his return? To complete my team following 2 side-ways trades this week I'd be left with 3 trades at round 16. What's your opinion on having so few at that point?

Finally (apologies about too many questions!), what do you think I should look at my final backline being.
Currently: Deledio, Gibbs, Scotland, Goddard, Adcock, Hibberd, Puopolo (B.Smith, Otten, Toy).
I'm obviously thinking Adcock -> Enright, and then adding Suckling and Broughton.

BillyPil

Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 10:48:24 PM
sub goddard with nicolson and play him and stanley? UNless you think you're in for a close eliminator/ are in it for overall, might as well wait a week or two or adcock to see how bad it is.

i can't spare Goddard as he's covering for Pendles in the mids. hmmm... if Nicholson doesn't play i think i need to trade. Maybe Toy for Jacobs and keep Adcock for now?

G()D

who should i get for my final mid spot: K Jack or Redden

Kiren Jack:357k, Carlton, Pies, Crows, GC, Dogs, Dons, Ricmond, Saints, Cats, Brisbane
Pros - Plays for Sydney (top 6 side), Kills it at the SCG in close tight tackling games, has a good scoring potential, 30k less than Redden, looking to be back to good form with 40 odd points in the last quater
Cons - Comming back from injury, less scoring potential than redden, will most likely get the number one tagg

Redden: 384k Richmond, Freo, Port, Hawks, Kangas, Crows, GC, Pies, WCE, Sydney
Pros - Higher scoring potential than Jack, Doesnt get tagged (due to power and black), Looks to have found some consistancy lately with scoring
Cons - almost 30k more, Plays for birsban, not sure he can keep up this scoring when rocklif comes back

Both good options i am looking for who will average the most for the rest of the season. Bribane seem to have an easier run but Jack tackles well and scores highly against the good teams so it could be an advantage

Realy torn please help cheers :)

Ziplock

Quote from: Alka on June 15, 2011, 11:52:46 PM
OK so I'm already thinking Selwood -> GAJ.
My other premiums are: Boyd, Pendles, Montagna, Judd.
The plan is to bring in Swan as my final mid upon his return.

Is there anyone else I should even consider or is GAJ far and away the best option? (no byes, doesn't double up as another mid from the same club, huge scoring potential, plays every game etc).

My second trade is tougher.
It's either:
1. Adcock -> Enright.
or
2. Knights -> Tippet.

Tippet is to open up a much needed RUCK/FWD link to get Petrie in as my 8th FWD (the role Knights currently has).
My concern with the Adcock trade is it might be too early to pull the trigger? If he's out for more than 3 games I'd want him gone. I have a tough league run atm. And will he even go back to his high scoring upon his return? To complete my team following 2 side-ways trades this week I'd be left with 3 trades at round 16. What's your opinion on having so few at that point?

Finally (apologies about too many questions!), what do you think I should look at my final backline being.
Currently: Deledio, Gibbs, Scotland, Goddard, Adcock, Hibberd, Puopolo (B.Smith, Otten, Toy).
I'm obviously thinking Adcock -> Enright, and then adding Suckling and Broughton.
woooah 3 trades? That's cutting it damn fine. I personally think GAJ is one of, if not the best option. I mean players like thompson, mitchell etc. Are worth consideration, but with GAJ finished with his byes, coupled with his current form, I really don't think you can go past him.

Personally, unless you're within overall, I would just hold adcock- it's not like selwood- it's less than 300k to bench, and you should be able to cover him with a 70 pt rookie (losing 20 ppg rather than 50ppg as you would with selwood)

I would be doing the knights trade, frees up a lot of cash (joel tippett I presume), and petrie is too good to be wasting away on your ruck bench. Hold on adcock until we at least get a picture of his injury time frame.

just pointing out with the three trades- come finals you'll have gibbs, scotland, judd out from carlton, heppell from essendon, petrie from north as well as any geelong players.

Honestly, I wouldn't be burning trades that hard. If you can cover adcock, do so. Obviously getting premos in is good and awesome, but not at the expense of copping doughnuts everywhere come late season. If you must pick premos, I would be going suckling and broughts. I never rated broughts high this season, and I was sure he would move back into his lockdown role with the return of more freo players, but they just keep dropping. He may be perma release.

Ziplock

Quote from: BillyPil on June 15, 2011, 11:55:55 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 10:48:24 PM

i can't spare Goddard as he's covering for Pendles in the mids. hmmm... if Nicholson doesn't play i think i need to trade. Maybe Toy for Jacobs and keep Adcock for now?

I wouldn't be trading sideways to jacobs. Do you have a fwd dpp that can cover for God? if not, maybe you would just be better off downgrading to a rookie such as tuohy or trying to upgrade. Or, trade in callinan into your mids and dpp with a fwd?

Ziplock

Quote from: G()D on June 15, 2011, 11:56:25 PM
who should i get for my final mid spot: K Jack or Redden

Kiren Jack:357k, Carlton, Pies, Crows, GC, Dogs, Dons, Ricmond, Saints, Cats, Brisbane
Pros - Plays for Sydney (top 6 side), Kills it at the SCG in close tight tackling games, has a good scoring potential, 30k less than Redden, looking to be back to good form with 40 odd points in the last quater
Cons - Comming back from injury, less scoring potential than redden, will most likely get the number one tagg

Redden: 384k Richmond, Freo, Port, Hawks, Kangas, Crows, GC, Pies, WCE, Sydney
Pros - Higher scoring potential than Jack, Doesnt get tagged (due to power and black), Looks to have found some consistancy lately with scoring
Cons - almost 30k more, Plays for birsban, not sure he can keep up this scoring when rocklif comes back

Both good options i am looking for who will average the most for the rest of the season. Bribane seem to have an easier run but Jack tackles well and scores highly against the good teams so it could be an advantage

Realy torn please help cheers :)

forgive me if I'm wrong, but rocky game back last week and redden still pumped out a ton?

Redden's had 2, maybe 3 poor games all season, apart from that he's been beasting it. For the difference in points output, he looks to be leaving JK for dead- he's averaging nearly 20 points more, and 15 more than KJ highest season average.

I would be going redden- may disappoint occasionally, he's still young, but atm looking good.