Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 15, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelskiman

Hey, Zip, who should I bring in for Selwood; Murphy or GAJ?

Ziplock

Quote from: Andrew on June 15, 2011, 09:09:02 PM
Hey Ziplock!

I've got Knights & Darling, and want to pick up Howe. Darling's b/e is 86 and Knights 108 (according to Asst Coach), and Knights is $57k more expensive. My forward line in full is:

Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Goodes, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Knights (Darling, J.Tippet, I.Smith)

I've got Petrie in RUCK, so I don't need Knights or Darling, but I do want Sylvia and am likely to finish with a MID/FOR in my midfield (Didak 7th mid/8th forward). So would it be smarter this week to downgrade Darling and upgrade Knights to Sylvia next week once Sylvia has bottomed out? Or cash in on Knights now and upgrade Darling, hoping he gets his breakeven at home v Port? Darling's next game is v Carlton where I'm sure he'll struggle to score more than 70, then he has a bye so I really think Darling is finished.

Cheers.
Quote from: pinochio on June 15, 2011, 09:07:03 PM
should i trade out stanley or duigan (have 2 blues already), where one becomes my D8 for enright OR trade knights who is my F7 for like a sylvia price range player???

should i trade joey for ablett even if he is named, with the bye and repercussions of the knee injury?

thx zips

7th fwd knights.. you can probably hold a little longer. I would trade duigan before stanley- DT finals are when you want cover and duigan has a bye rd 23, while stanley has his byes over. SYlvia will drop more than knights this week in all likely hood, it won't kill you to hold off longer.

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 09:12:35 PM
Hey Ziplock!

I've got Knights & Darling, and want to pick up Howe. Darling's b/e is 86 and Knights 108 (according to Asst Coach), and Knights is $57k more expensive. My forward line in full is:

Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Goodes, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Knights (Darling, J.Tippet, I.Smith)

I've got Petrie in RUCK, so I don't need Knights or Darling, but I do want Sylvia and am likely to finish with a MID/FOR in my midfield (Didak 7th mid/8th forward). So would it be smarter this week to downgrade Darling and upgrade Knights to Sylvia next week once Sylvia has bottomed out? Or cash in on Knights now and upgrade Darling, hoping he gets his breakeven at home v Port? Darling's next game is v Carlton where I'm sure he'll struggle to score more than 70, then he has a bye so I really think Darling is finished.

Cheers.
should i trade out stanley or duigan (have 2 blues already), where one becomes my D8 for enright OR trade knights who is my F7 for like a sylvia price range player???

should i trade joey for ablett even if he is named, with the bye and repercussions of the knee injury?

thx zips

7th fwd knights.. you can probably hold a little longer. I would trade duigan before stanley- DT finals are when you want cover and duigan has a bye rd 23, while stanley has his byes over. SYlvia will drop more than knights this week in all likely hood, it won't kill you to hold off longer.

Thanks Zip and yeah pretty straight forward I thought, Knights being past that $300k barrier makes him look tasty but I've got faith he's still got an 80 average in him from here and of course his bye lands in a non-DT league round. When in doubt, sell the lesser player, not the most expensive one. I think I might make that a DT rule because this season I've hurt myself doing the reverse thinking the extra cash improved my side more (it didn't).

Ziplock

Hey Ziplock!

Cheers.

if you're planning on getting rid of both soon, do it now. They're both set to lose cash soon, and the combined amount will probably end up being comparable to how much sylvia is going to lose this week. The situation is a  different if you have to field both howe and sylvia, but, that being said, I would still lean to the trade this week.

Basically, if howe/darling are your 8th fwds atm definitely do the trade. If they're your 7th defender, think about it a bit more careful. But Howe's 75 against the pies would indicate that it could very well be worth the trade in any case.

zeus123456

Hey Ziplock. I got 12 trades left and 107k in the kitty and need to upgrade my backs bad. I was going to downgrade sandi to Gawn to make money but Smith is getting rested so I won't have any cover. Is there any other way to make money to upgrade backs. Backline: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Heppell, Lower, Stanley (Puopolo,B.Smith, Hibberd). Also who should I get for my backs aswell?

pinochio

thx zips

i think u missed my question zippy :)

Ziplock

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 15, 2011, 09:12:12 PM

tough call. Murphy has shown more consistently this season than Gablett, with only one poor game and a lot of huge tons. That being said, ablett is on some red hot form atm, and has no more byes remaining, while murphy has one left in the finals. Considering murphy plays 11 games remaining, while ablett has 12, if ablett can maintain a 110+ average for the rest of the season (which I think he can do easily), in order for murphy to match him for overall he needs to avg 120. Seems a touch out of reach. + he has a bye in DT finals...

I would be leaning on ablett. Only downside is he attracts far more attention than murphy, that being said, Ablett's a beast.

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on June 15, 2011, 09:22:18 PM

thx zips

i think u missed my question zippy :)
damn sorry, if he's named I wouldn't be trading him. We all know the blanket premium rule :P He may be down for a few weeks, but he should be fine. If he isn't named, I would still stay with him- he should be back next week.

Basically, I would only drop montagna if he gets a month long or more injury, if you're dodging a doughnut, or seriously need to drop him for eliminator.

pinochio

thx zip,

should i trade duigan or stanley for enright (only have SJ from cats) to have the kept dude as D8
OR
knights who is F7 to sylvia/pav

or neither?

Ziplock

Quote from: zeus123456 on June 15, 2011, 09:19:06 PM
Hey Ziplock. I got 12 trades left and 107k in the kitty and need to upgrade my backs bad. I was going to downgrade sandi to Gawn to make money but Smith is getting rested so I won't have any cover. Is there any other way to make money to upgrade backs. Backline: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Shaw, Heppell, Lower, Stanley (Puopolo,B.Smith, Hibberd). Also who should I get for my backs aswell?

won't you have cover if gawn plays? Smith'll be back next week- it's just general, not like a snapped leg or something.

I think you can safely downgrade Lower/ Stanley and upgrade the other to someone like Enright, who's bottomed out, or someone like birchall, fisher, suckling? Maybe use Tuohy as a downgrade target? (sub affected first game).

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 09:24:21 PM

tough call. Murphy has shown more consistently this season than Gablett, with only one poor game and a lot of huge tons. That being said, ablett is on some red hot form atm, and has no more byes remaining, while murphy has one left in the finals. Considering murphy plays 11 games remaining, while ablett has 12, if ablett can maintain a 110+ average for the rest of the season (which I think he can do easily), in order for murphy to match him for overall he needs to avg 120. Seems a touch out of reach. + he has a bye in DT finals...

I would be leaning on ablett. Only downside is he attracts far more attention than murphy, that being said, Ablett's a beast.

Zip, my other trade this week is ditching Joel Selwood. Would you make the same conclusion with Sam Mitchell v Ablett? I'm thinking Ablett will get rested for a week at some stage, but then again Mitchell cops a DT league bye anyway and with Franklin & Suckling also in my team that'd be 3 out. Should I get Ablett ($434.5k) or Mitchell ($388k)? I've already got Boyd and am not interested in anyone else.

Ziplock

Quote from: pinochio on June 15, 2011, 09:30:36 PM
thx zip,

should i trade duigan or stanley for enright (only have SJ from cats) to have the kept dude as D8
OR
knights who is F7 to sylvia/pav

or neither?

Upgrade duigan to enright now and keep stanley as cover- mature body with no byes left.

Sylvia will be properly bottomed out next week, you can make the trade then- will be close to a straight swap.

Ziplock

Quote from: Andrew on June 15, 2011, 09:32:56 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 09:24:21 PM

Zip, my other trade this week is ditching Joel Selwood. Would you make the same conclusion with Sam Mitchell v Ablett? I'm thinking Ablett will get rested for a week at some stage, but then again Mitchell cops a DT league bye anyway and with Franklin & Suckling also in my team that'd be 3 out. Should I get Ablett ($434.5k) or Mitchell ($388k)? I've already got Boyd and am not interested in anyone else.

What's more likely is that Mitchell will be rested rd 24 v gold coast. Personally, I doubt ablett with be rested, short of injury. That being said,  I don't rate mitchell's chance of being rested rd 24 as THAT high either. I would still edge ablett in- but only based on a gut feeling he will not be rested for the rest of the season. He was brought in on a huge salary to win matches- as an older player he isn't the clubs future and need to be coddled, GC won't make the finals so he's hardly going to be rested for them. He's in it to win it, I doubt he'll be rested.

That's the only reason I rate him above mitchell atm. Although, if you're short for cash, only the chance of Mitchell being rested + his difficulty with a hard tag really puts me off him.

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on June 15, 2011, 09:37:24 PM
What's more likely is that Mitchell will be rested rd 24 v gold coast. Personally, I doubt ablett with be rested, short of injury. That being said,  I don't rate mitchell's chance of being rested rd 24 as THAT high either. I would still edge ablett in- but only based on a gut feeling he will not be rested for the rest of the season. He was brought in on a huge salary to win matches- as an older player he isn't the clubs future and need to be coddled, GC won't make the finals so he's hardly going to be rested for them. He's in it to win it, I doubt he'll be rested.

That's the only reason I rate him above mitchell atm. Although, if you're short for cash, only the chance of Mitchell being rested + his difficulty with a hard tag really puts me off him.

Cheers for that, very helpful. Was reading in another thread about Mitchell's struggles against a tag and we know Ablett can cope with them. Seeing as Mitchell misses a game due to a bye anyway that tips things in Ablett's favour. While Mitchell's price is good value, there's no value in skimping on your premiums.

If Adcock is out for longer than 5 weeks, should I sell him first before Selwood? I've only got 7 trades and 90k, so definately want to do Darling -> Howe... my preference is to hold it out on Adcock but we're a bit in the dark at the moment as to what's goiing on.

Ziplock

personally, I'm holding adcock as I'm going for league and have an easy run for the rest of it until finals, so I wont be trading unless the injury is season ending.

If you're going for overall/ eliminator though, longer than 4 weeks is the limit. We have no idea what adcock's status is though.