Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 15, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Hey hey, that time of the week again! Let it fire guys. Let's rock and roll!

glynman90

This week I'm upgrading either Hibberd or Iles to a premium. Firstly, who should I upgrade out of those two and secondly, who should I get out of Thompson and Mitchell?

Only have Knights for other Crows players and have Buddy and Puopolo (bench) for Hawks.

teatowel

Leon davis, 7th forward. what do you think of this?

Jake8

do u think i should swap selwood for GAJ even though im short on trades?

Ziplock

well, hibberd has a lower BE and higher average, but at the same time is a fringe player, and his JS isn't as high as Iles'. That being said, I would be keeping Hibberd over Iles, his JS isn't terrible, + his mpp can come in handy, it isn't a serious issue unless you have several people in the same line from the same team and need to 100% depend on him playing each week. If you're looking for a week in week out player, Iles is your man with his mature body at GC, certain to get game time.

As for thompson V mitchell... similar averages, with mitchell being 12k cheaper, if cash is tight, he would be your man. Mitchell's finals draw is also easier than thompsons- although there are concerns he will be rested rd 24 v gold coast, imo hodge will be struck by the general before him.

Thompson however has his bye during the multi-bye round- great for people gunning for league. Mitchell's looking a bit more consistent this season however, if I had to choose between them, I would place him ahead based on his run home from here. Having only Buddy + pups means you're not going to suffer huge losses benching 3 hawks in different lines for rd 17.

Mitchell's only issue is his struggle to break a tag, but if hodge can keep attracting the first tag, it shouldn't prove a major issue for him. Just hold a trade up your sleeve rd 24, just in case.

daddsy404

is 4 trades enough for the last 6 weeks of the year?

Ziplock

Quote from: teatowel on June 15, 2011, 08:51:06 PM
Leon davis, 7th forward. what do you think of this?

could be a viable option, although has only had one genuine premo year (09), and has been a little up and down this season. Looks like he may have increased his output with the decline of Swanny- when the DT king is back could it affect Davis?

Personally, unless you want to make insane ground in overall/ eliminator and are willing to risk it all, I would go for a safer option.

Didak worth picking up now hw has bottomed out ?

Ziplock

Quote from: Jake8 on June 15, 2011, 08:58:02 PM
do u think i should swap selwood for GAJ even though im short on trades?

if you're not in firing distance for overall, still in the eliminator, or poorly ranked in your league, I wouldn't do it.

If you're well ranked in league, don't do the trade. For overall + eliminator, could be worthwhile. How short is short?

Ziplock

Quote from: daddsy404 on June 15, 2011, 09:00:30 PM
is 4 trades enough for the last 6 weeks of the year?

How many players do you have that have byes in DT finals? I would say 4 trades isn't enough if you have more than 2 players who have byes rd 21-24.

pinochio

should i trade out stanley or duigan (have 2 blues already), where one becomes my D8 for enright OR trade knights who is my F7 for like a sylvia price range player???

should i trade joey for ablett even if he is named, with the bye and repercussions of the knee injury?

thx zips

dallen

who to bring in for selwood next week : pendles or murphy?

my mids are swan, selwood, ablett, boyd, thompson, hodge

i think pendles may be rested at some stage heading toward finals whereas murphy has a late bye. i am obviously hoping to smash my first final...

Ziplock

Quote from: 4820 on June 15, 2011, 09:04:08 PM
Didak worth picking up now hw has bottomed out ?

Dids is showing some ok form, but 80s not exactly a great score against melb. Seems to be off his mojo atm, and his run home isn't the easiest. I'd be looking more towards bottomed out premiums who have been performing this year, but dragged down by one bad score, such as sylvia.

Andrew

Hey Ziplock!

I've got Knights & Darling, and want to pick up Howe. Darling's b/e is 86 and Knights 108 (according to Asst Coach), and Knights is $57k more expensive. My forward line in full is:

Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Goodes, Fyfe, Dawes, Didak, Knights (Darling, J.Tippet, I.Smith)

I've got Petrie in RUCK, so I don't need Knights or Darling, but I do want Sylvia and am likely to finish with a MID/FOR in my midfield (Didak 7th mid/8th forward). So would it be smarter this week to downgrade Darling and upgrade Knights to Sylvia next week once Sylvia has bottomed out? Or cash in on Knights now and upgrade Darling, hoping he gets his breakeven at home v Port? Darling's next game is v Carlton where I'm sure he'll struggle to score more than 70, then he has a bye so I really think Darling is finished.

Cheers.

Ziplock

Quote from: dallen on June 15, 2011, 09:07:41 PM
who to bring in for selwood next week : pendles or murphy?

my mids are swan, selwood, ablett, boyd, thompson, hodge

i think pendles may be rested at some stage heading toward finals whereas murphy has a late bye. i am obviously hoping to smash my first final...

I would go Pendles on the basis he'll probably average more than murphy for the rest of the year anyway, doesn't have a DT finals bye,  I don't see him being rested for rd 24 against geelong. I think both teams will pump it to try to get/keep number one position.