Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 15, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 07:17:25 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 16, 2011, 07:09:36 PM
see what you think of this.

Im getting rid of selwood and i have 7 trades left, i can either go Selwood to Gaz or I can go Selwood to Mitchell and Knights to Sylvia. I go for ranking so i only care which combo will score more for the rest of the season. Knights is going to drop alot in value this week so its now or never.

Sylvia will drop more than knights imo, but let's give this a shot

Ablett can average 110+ from here out, while IMO Mitchell will average slightly less.

That being said, Sylvia's average will destroy knights from here on out by probably close to 20 points

honestly, for a combo of knights + Ablett v Mitchell + Sylvia, Mitchell + SYlvia wins hands down. That being said, how much more would sylvia need to drop than knights next week in order for you to straight swap it? If it looks feasible, then I would go for ablett and cross your fingers.

i need them to only be 27k apart from each other.  that means i need slyvia to go down 10k more than knights this week.  I  use tooserious for my price movmenets they tip slyvia to go down 20k and knights 12k so i dont tihnk i can make that link.

lukedogg17

vardy was a good call last week zip so a bit more of that useful stuff will go a long way lol

this week im looking at rockliff to cover a donut. i was going to wait till next week but cant really afford to, 379 is still cheap though.

then however i saw mitchell is only 388, so my question is should i just get mitchell instead? looks to be back in form and they both average about the same when you minus t-rocks injury game.

only downside to mitchell is his bye is in a non multibye round and im going for league

thanks man!

stigs

upgrading one of puoplo or stanley to suckling, keeping the the one i dont trade as bye cover for the season.
thoughts on who to trade??

also, probably gonna downgrade lynch but to howe or ismith?

Ziplock

Quote from: lukedogg17 on June 16, 2011, 07:36:16 PM
vardy was a good call last week zip so a bit more of that useful stuff will go a long way lol

this week im looking at rockliff to cover a donut. i was going to wait till next week but cant really afford to, 379 is still cheap though.

then however i saw mitchell is only 388, so my question is should i just get mitchell instead? looks to be back in form and they both average about the same when you minus t-rocks injury game.

only downside to mitchell is his bye is in a non multibye round and im going for league

thanks man!

Personally I would call mitchell's only downside being his possibility of being rested rd 24 against GC. That being said, personally I believe he is a better option than rocky- just keep a trade up your sleeve, his easy run home means a lot of points but also plenty of options for the general to strike.

Cicjose

zippy what is howe's chances of being injured in the warmup.....

Ziplock

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 16, 2011, 07:32:04 PM
Ok, Zip, I need some advice, but this round hasn't been as bad as I originally thought.

My backs seem ok for what this round has thrown us up, so we will skip that.

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Broughton, Lower, Puopolo <Jacobs (EMG), Adcock, Toy>

My mids are much better than what I thought with Montagna being named, but with Selwood out I'm going to need a replacement.  I was tossing up between GAJ and Murphy, and I know I asked you this before and you told me GAJ, but I'll ask again for confirmation.

Mids: Boyd, Thompson, Selwood, Goodes, Montagna, Hibberd <Evans (EMG), Pendlebury, Swan>

My rucks are screwed, and I need some serious advice here.  With Bailey being named I was thinking of cashing in on Smith, and then in the next few weeks I can trade Adcock for Shaw, and then either Matera/Yarran/Krakouer (depending on money) for Sylvia.  during this time Bailey should be enough cover until Sandi comes back.

Rucks: Cox, Smith <Sandilands, Derickx>

My forwards are good, it just depends on if I play I. Smith or Howe, which is where I need your advice.

Forwards: Stevie J, Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Chapman, Yarran, Mzungu, I. Smith <Howe (EMG), Krakouer, Matera>

I currently have 10 trades left, and exatly $34,000 in the bank.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I love this segment, and please don't cancel on us any time soon!

I still rate GAJ above Murphy due to Carlton's late bye and Ablett's recent form, I'll just reinforce that opinion :P

My only issue with playing smith would be the possibility of him being the sub, I'm not sure about the Hawk's candidates for being the sub, but IMO he won't be- Hawthorn will destroy GC and will subsequently want to give their younger players a bigger run. In that case, he should absolutely destroy against GC and I would field him.

You might as well go bailey. He's had one price rise, but honestly in a couple of weeks he'll just be your third ruck anyway. Only issue is his injury concerns really, his JS is reasonable at the Hawks.

I would be trading sylvia in before shaw- next week sylvia will have bottomed out, while shaw's 60 odd will keep him falling for a bit.

Apart from that, looks fine.

Although, just let me say this- personally, unless I was still in the eliminator/ close to overall, I would just cop the single doughnut from Smith- if Bailey get's injured/ dropped soon (always a possibility) you could be facing 3 or 4 doughnuts by dropping smith before sandilands return.

lukedogg17

Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 07:45:22 PM
Quote from: lukedogg17 on June 16, 2011, 07:36:16 PM

thanks man!

Personally I would call mitchell's only downside being his possibility of being rested rd 24 against GC. That being said, personally I believe he is a better option than rocky- just keep a trade up your sleeve, his easy run home means a lot of points but also plenty of options for the general to strike.

will do, if i even get that far that is lol

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on June 16, 2011, 07:35:34 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 07:17:25 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 16, 2011, 07:09:36 PM
see what you think of this.

Im getting rid of selwood and i have 7 trades left, i can either go Selwood to Gaz or I can go Selwood to Mitchell and Knights to Sylvia. I go for ranking so i only care which combo will score more for the rest of the season. Knights is going to drop alot in value this week so its now or never.

Sylvia will drop more than knights imo, but let's give this a shot

Ablett can average 110+ from here out, while IMO Mitchell will average slightly less.

That being said, Sylvia's average will destroy knights from here on out by probably close to 20 points

honestly, for a combo of knights + Ablett v Mitchell + Sylvia, Mitchell + SYlvia wins hands down. That being said, how much more would sylvia need to drop than knights next week in order for you to straight swap it? If it looks feasible, then I would go for ablett and cross your fingers.

i need them to only be 27k apart from each other.  that means i need slyvia to go down 10k more than knights this week.  I  use tooserious for my price movmenets they tip slyvia to go down 20k and knights 12k so i dont tihnk i can make that link.
honestly, I can see knights pulling a 90+ vsing WBD, and sylvia getting a shade under 100 vsing freo.

I tossed the values into tooserious and I agree, if that's the case then, sylvia + mitchell is a better option.

Ziplock

Quote from: Cicjose on June 16, 2011, 07:48:40 PM
zippy what is howe's chances of being injured in the warmup.....

anyone's chance of being injured in the warmup are pretty small... I mean, it could still happen, but I would only really be concerned for warmup injuries from people of Higgins soft-cockedness level :P

Ziplock

Quote from: stigs on June 16, 2011, 07:41:40 PM
upgrading one of puoplo or stanley to suckling, keeping the the one i dont trade as bye cover for the season.
thoughts on who to trade??

also, probably gonna downgrade lynch but to howe or ismith?

Puopolo should be traded as a logical choice- you dont want two hawks in one line, while stanley has no byes left, with a mature body, should be able to cover you pretty well.

Honestly, if you have to, Howe. That being said, he's only made 50k- I'm personally not trading him and I suggest you don't either.

Cicjose

thx Zippy i was going to trade howe in to get pendles next week but if he plays that plan goes out the window.....

Ziplock

Quote from: Cicjose on June 16, 2011, 07:58:12 PM
thx Zippy i was going to trade howe in to get pendles next week but if he plays that plan goes out the window.....

callinan maybe instead?

Cicjose

i did the trade Krak to Callinan to bring in Thompson for Conca...

Stocutz

Upgrading darling and selwood have 170 in the bank.
Mids: Boyd ablett Higgins Murphy mzunga SELWOOD (swan mundy polec)
Fwds: frank fyfe pav n.roo Sylvia knights DARLING (mckernan lynch krak)

Have 841 to spend will go mundy to Pendles next week.

Mid: thomo 400 shiels 405 redden 384 mitchel 388 rischitelli 395
Going for league and have the weakest team on hawks bye. Was thinking mitchel or risch as a smoky

Fwds: okeefe 371 goodes 346 chappy 380

Leaning towards goodes. Would like chappy but he's always bloody on te genral bubble.

Thoughts?

Ziplock

Quote from: Cicjose on June 16, 2011, 08:03:16 PM
i did the trade Krak to Callinan to bring in Thompson for Conca...

fail on my behalf, sorry. There may be a downgrade option that presents itself later on.