Thompson or O'Keefe?

Started by djff, June 15, 2011, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djff

Well, what a week.

Adcock out, darling gave me nothing, gibbs could have done better, mckernan - well what can I say...
Now with Zac Smith out, too...(not sure how long, either, but probably 1-2 games)

Anyway, plan this week...

Trades Left = 11
Rem. Sal. Cap = $304,700

Note overall plan is to reduce my carlton players for the finals- I have three big scorers (Curnow, Gibbs, Duigan). But, that is a few weeks away.

My Team is:
DEF = Deledio, Goddard, Adcock, Enright, Duigan, Grundy, Lower (Heppell, McKErnan, Puopolo)
MID = Boyd, A. Swallow, Gibbs, Ablett, Curnow, D.Swallow  (Swan, Hibberd, Bewick)
RUC = Cox, vardy (zac Smith, lachlan Keeffe)
FWD = Sylvia, Pavlich, franklin, Goodes, Petrie, Darling, Mzungu (Matera, Harper, Richardson)

This week I am trying to decide if I bring in Scott Thompson or bolster my Forwards with Ryan O'keefe. My forwards are definitely lacking coverage, unless Richardson, Harper or Matera play...I think matera is out for another week.
later will be pendlebury.

The Adock trade-well, not sure. analysing some Defenders at the moment.

1. get Thomspon
Hibberd -> S. thompson
Or
D. Swallow -> S.Thompson

2.  get O'keefe into my forwards
Darling -> O'keefe
Or
Matera -> O'keefe

Any thoughts?

BillyBass

Do u have the cash to go Swallow > Thompson and Darling > O'keefe? If u can only do 1 then i would say go swallow > Thompson.

Alka

Too early to get rid of Hibberd. While his JS is so-so he does get big points when he plays.

I'd be getting rid of Darling now. So the ROK option is my favoured one. Also gives you some MPP cover.

You seem to have the cash to do both though? And looks like you need it. I'd do both.
Swallow -> Thompson
Darling -> ROK

djff

Quote from: BillyBass on June 15, 2011, 06:52:13 PM
Do u have the cash to go Swallow > Thompson and Darling > O'keefe? If u can only do 1 then i would say go swallow > Thompson.

i do, leaving me with about $44,700 in the salary cap. matera could not do it (just miss by $1000)

thanks for the reply.

djff

Quote from: Alka on June 15, 2011, 06:55:18 PM
Too early to get rid of Hibberd. While his JS is so-so he does get big points when he plays.

I'd be getting rid of Darling now. So the ROK option is my favoured one. Also gives you some MPP cover.

You seem to have the cash to do both though? And looks like you need it. I'd do both.
Swallow -> Thompson
Darling -> ROK

well, that's 2 for 2 (replies).

looks liek that's the option to take... this is my preferred option, too.

cheers!

elephants

Yep Thompson if you have to choose

Master Q

Thompson I guess but I really like ROK.

djff

thanks for the replies, Master Q and elephants.
everyone is in agreement with the swallow to thompson option.

since i traded sandilands out for vardy and cash, but with smith out at least this week, then i need some big scores to win this week. let's hope smith is back  in next week!

so, i think it is both, then...