Main Menu

Finals

Started by Holz, June 15, 2011, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Yeah well... :P

I agree we can't afford to turn away members, as we really need MORE!!

AFEV

Nearly 30,000 without being a top 8 team/huge club is not a bad effort and I reckon the numbers will go up with the Tassie deal & improved match performance.

Boomz

North will go broke before they reach the finals :-X in other words I doubt they will make it this year...

Holz

Quote from: Sid on June 17, 2011, 06:35:21 PM
He would have been useful but he was a big risk with his off field issues with your financial state (at the time) you couldn't afford to turn away members.
Seems petty but if he kept doing some of the stuff he did as a junior he would be out on his ass after a season anyway. Big risk involved in drafting him. Between that and being a 191 cm 'KPP' he actually could have slipped to third round.

Of course now everyone wants him :P

people overplay his of field issues, i would say half the people in the comp are probably more of a worry. Anyway with Mac, Petrie up front thats a decent combo.

AFEV

Drew turns 29 this year & once he is gone HMac won't really be able to swing forward as much. What do you do in 2-3 seasons time?

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on June 17, 2011, 07:35:01 PM
Drew turns 29 this year & once he is gone HMac won't really be able to swing forward as much. What do you do in 2-3 seasons time?
Majak Daw.

AFEV

Quote from: roo boys! on June 17, 2011, 08:03:58 PM
Majak Daw.
All I know about him is he kicked an awesome running goal & someone made racist comments about him on field.
Can he be a power forward?

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on June 17, 2011, 08:05:23 PM
Majak Daw.
All I know about him is he kicked an awesome running goal & someone made racist comments about him on field.
Yeah. Just under 200 cm if I remember correctly, and his vertical jump is second to none (probably about Nic Nat's level). Amazing fitness and a true athlete. Got a good kick on him, as that video suggests, and I have heard he has a strong pair of hands. Sounds good to me.

AFEV

Quote from: roo boys! on June 17, 2011, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: Sid on June 17, 2011, 08:05:23 PM
Majak Daw.
Yeah. Just under 200 cm if I remember correctly, and his vertical jump is second to none (probably about Nic Nat's level). Amazing fitness and a true athlete. Got a good kick on him, as that video suggests, and I have heard he has a strong pair of hands. Sounds good to me.
Sounds bloody scary o.O
Must have been working on his fitness I thought that was the reason he didn't get games last year? Anyway sounds very good 8)

roo boys!

Not sure there. I remember seeing him at time trials leading the pack 8) But probably hid behind a tree once he was out of sight from the coaches :P

North Melbournes Finest

You know what's dissapointing about having a good percentage for once?

All the teams around us have had a flowering DRAW!!!! :( Melbourne, Essendon, Richmond.....Freo's percentage sucks atleast.

c4v3m4n

Freo have a shower run home like us and not having Sandi doesn't help. In fact, they've lost the last 9 out of 10 games where he hasn't played.

This in mind, the last two spots for the finals will most likely be out of Melbourne, Richmond, North and St. Kilda.

If we beat St. Kilda this week, St. Kilda are most likely then out of the race to the finals.

I can smell a 8th v 9th game in Round 24....

...North Melbourne vs Richmond.

roo boys!

HUGE game that one. Luckily we have the bye a few weeks before that so we will be more fresh then Richmond, who have their bye round 19. I reckon Round 21 gives us a chance to let everyone recover fully from all little niggles to be at full strength for the run home, because the last three games are CRUCIAL. Fremantle at Etihad, Saints at Etihad and Richmond at Etihad. If we could win all 3 finals would almost be a certainty.

c4v3m4n

True that. Those last three games will be the deciding factor in North's finals aspirations.

roo boys!

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 29, 2011, 05:42:45 PM
True that. Those last three games will be the deciding factor in North's finals aspirations.
Sunday's game is more just for confidence for next time we meet them IMO. Still important but round 23 is MORE important I reckon.