Ignoring the outs, finding the $$$

Started by joepgray, June 15, 2011, 05:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joepgray

Despite the outs this week, I'm proceeding with The Master PlanTM, but with Mundy going down and Adock's role change cracks are appearing in the original plan...

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Shaw, Heppell, Stanley (Jacobs, Toy, Howard)
Mids: Montagna, Swan, Boyd, Thompson, Hibberd, Mzungu, (Iles, Prestia, Nicholson)
Rucks: Cox, Smith (Sandi, Derickx)
Fwds: Pavlich, Sylvia, Goodes, Riewoldt (N), Didak, O'Keefe, Chapman (Darling, Matera, Richardson)
   12 trades, $203K in the bank.

Current plan is to have Heppell, Mzungu & Darling as my 1st bench in each of Backs, Mids & Fwds which means I need 2 more mids and 2 more backs. Originally I was planning for Pendles, Mundy, Fisher & Adcock, but that plan has now been destroyed. New plan is Pendles, Ablett, Fisher and ????. I have no idea who that fourth person would be.

If I go with the new plan that'd be (this week):
Stanley > K Hunt (if named)
Iles > Ablett

then next week bringing in Pendles probably for Prestia (thinking about dumping Matera to a rookie)

If I go this route however, I won't have enough cash to bring in Fisher after his bye... and have no idea about a 7th backman...

Do you reckon K Hunt will come back into the GCS side?
Should I just aim to finish my Mids, and worry about the backs later? (probably wise from a points perspective)
Is Heppell a solid 7th backman? (currently averaging as my 5th!)
If I elevate Heppell to 7th back (and save a trade for the GF), will Jacobs or Howard see the season out?

Want all the advice I can get!

joepgray

Just thought I'd add:

Not trying to start any fights here, and know it's a pretty bad year for it... but there's a ban on Hawks players in my team!

Cheers,
Joe

Joshy11

That sounds like a very solid plan.
i think hunt will come back in the GC side either this week or they will give him 1 more week in the 2s.
If he isnt named maybe go matera>howe from melbourne to generate that cash and jump on pendles next week, then downgrade stanley to hunt next week?? And maybe enright for that last defenders spot considering chappy is your only other cat :)

MarkPlow

Quote from: joepgray on June 15, 2011, 05:58:22 PM
Just thought I'd add:

Not trying to start any fights here, and know it's a pretty bad year for it... but there's a ban on Hawks players in my team!

Cheers,
Joe

Can't believe you wouldnt have Buddy Franklin

Joshy11

Quote from: joepgray on June 15, 2011, 05:53:16 PM
will Jacobs or Howard see the season out?

i think jacobs will play the rest of the year ans be very handy back up

Fenno

Thats your decision not to have hawks players but I will point out to you that Hawks players are the highest scoring players in all of DT so that 1 team I would want a few of

Ziplock

personal prejudices get in the way of good dreamteaming.

Except for my decision not to get montagna because he's a douchebag. Considering his suspension + injury, seems like that worked out. 

joepgray

Obviously realise that there's about a dozen Hawks getting tonnes each week, but quite attached to my personal prejudices!
Reckon that winning my league isn't worth having to (even in a small way) cheer on any Hawk! Hahaha

Although Stanley's the one most likely to lose money out of those on the chopping block, might have to follow Joshy's advice and drop Matera to take advantage of Howe (although at this stage of the season I'm more looking for JS than cashcow value, and Dee Rookies have burnt me in the past)

Joshy11

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: joepgray on June 15, 2011, 05:58:22 PM
Just thought I'd add:

Cheers,
Joe

remind me never to give you advice :P

hahaha just kidding, as for your team:

7th backman - scotland, ENRIGHT, carrazzo
khunt should come back apparently played really well in the reserves! if he is, i tooo will be bringing him in !
finish your mids first and ensure that it can be the best possible midfield, then work on your backs, they have relatively low prices anyway in comparison to the gun mids!
if you do elevate heppell, jacobs will play out the season (apart from his bye) he's a very good player with solid JS :)

Alka

Wait, why KHunt?

Enright is definitely your best final back.
Don't want to double up on Cartlon players ahead of finals (having said that it's exactly what I've done :P).

Ziplock

Quote from: Alka on June 16, 2011, 12:07:35 AM
Wait, why KHunt?

Don't want to double up on Cartlon players ahead of finals (having said that it's exactly what I've done :P).

very cheap, very good JS, and hey may actually do well if given a chance in a different role :P

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Ziplock on June 16, 2011, 12:08:34 AM
Quote from: Alka on June 16, 2011, 12:07:35 AM
Wait, why KHunt?

very cheap, very good JS, and hey may actually do well if given a chance in a different role :P

+1. dirt cheap, very good J..... aight just realised i'm copying you :P you get it anyway :)

Cicjose

K Hunt has LOST 17K from his starting rookie price lol very good rookie to downgrade to

joepgray

So considering one of my trades will be  Iles > Ablett

Which of these trades is more pressing?

Stanley > KHunt  (Stanley potentially going to lose money, KHunt maybe rising)
or 
Matera > Howe  (Howe on the bubble)