Trade Period?

Have a trade period
0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

AFEV

Yeah an Jack Clarke was named in the back pocket of the WA Team Of The Century! Often they just put them in wherever they can or where they played a little bit just so they can fit more of the greats in. Another example would be Big Nick in the back pocket in the AFL TOC!

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on July 26, 2011, 07:54:52 PM
Yeah an Jack Clarke was named in the back pocket of the WA Team Of The Century! Often they just put them in wherever they can or where they played a little bit just so they can fit more of the greats in. Another example would be Big Nick in the back pocket in the AFL TOC!

I am very well aware of this. That's why I said in my previous post, that these "Team of the Centuries" aren't always right.

I was just merely presenting facts and conveying my opinion.

c4v3m4n

Just waiting on LE too now before I can take my next pick...  :P

elephants

I choose jock mchale.

Collingwood: Captain: 1912â€"1913
Collingwood: Coach: 1912â€"1949
Collingwood: premiership side/player: 1910, 1917.
Collingwood: premiership side/coach: 1917, 1919, 1927â€"1930, 1935â€"1936.
Collingwood Team of the Century (Coach)
Australian Football Hall of Fame legend

He'll play somewhere...

c4v3m4n

My next pick in the draft was a hard one, it was between two incredible players...and the one that made it...

Brad Hardie.

Brad Hardie is one of the most decorated players in AFL football. He had a long career with 4 different clubs: South Fremantle, Footscray, Brisbane and Collingwood; with a total of 297 senior games from 1979 to 1992.

He started his career at South Fremantle at the age of only 16. By the age 21, not only was he a premiership player, a best and fairest medal winner, a captain, a state representative, but he was voted the best overall player in the 1984 State of Origin Carnival, beating the likes of Ablett, Madden, Glendinning etc. :o

In 1985, he joined Footscray and won the Brownlow Medal in his first year with the Dogs due to his incredible performances out of half back. His incredible form continued in 1986 where he became the first and only player to win two Tassie Medals. At this point, he was considered to be one of the finest players of his era.

But it didn't end there for Hardie....after a falling out with coach Mick Malthouse, he left the club and joined the Brisbane Bears where he'd reinvent himself as a forward pocket player. He still continued to make history kicking a Bears record 9 goals in a match and also becoming the first Bears player to play 100 games for the club. He also won two more awards in 1989 and 1990 as their leading goalkicker.

After a few off-field incidents and with Brisbane struggling, he was traded to Collingwood only to play 2 games in 1992.

He then returned home to South Fremantle in 1993, finishing his career where he began* again winning another award as leading goalkicker for the club. He retired in 1994 to become like most players, a commentator.

*He was drafted by Sydney in the 1993 mid-year draft, but didn't play a game.

So his total achievements inlcude:

• Member of South Fremantle's premiership team in 1980
  • South Fremantle's best and fairest in 1982
  • South Fremantle's leading goalkicker in 1984 and 1993
  • South Fremantle's captain in 1984
  • Footscray's best and fairest in 1986
  • Brisbane Bear's leading goalkicker in 1989 and 1990

• Brownlow Medal winner in 1985
  • Simpson Medal winner (best Western Australian in State of Origin) in 1984 and 1986
  • Tassie Medal winner (best overall in State of Origin) in 1984 and 1986
  • All-Australian in 1986
  • Member of the Western Australia "Team of the Century"

There's only one achievement remaining (which is really suprising): a spot in the AFL Hall of Fame.  :o

It seem's like this guy is heavily under-rated if he's not in the Hall of Fame, his 3 year dominance of both WAFL/VFL football between 1984-1986 should get him in alone, let alone his immense list of achievements. I reckon he's an amazing pick up for my team, another handy player to have on my bench.

That said, c4v3m4n's Titans now look like this:

FB:  Bernie Smith, Jack Regan, Vic Thorp
HB: Ron Clegg, Ted Whitten, Geof Motley
C:  _____, _____, _____
HF:  Dermott Brereton, Royce Hart, Stephen Kernahan
FF:  Bernie Naylor, Austin Robertson Jnr, George Doig
Followers:  Gary Dempsey, Jack Dyer, Len Fitzgerald
I/C:   Jim Stynes, Bernie Quinlan, Brad Hardie, _____

Boomz

Hulmie already picked him c4 ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: BOOMZ on July 27, 2011, 09:32:49 PM
Hulmie already picked him c4 ;)

Yep, you're right. Like all my picks before, I had triple-checked the list, but this time, I forgot the check the new list. :P

Damn, would have been a great fit for me team too. No matter, I'll pick my backup choice in...

...Charlie Sutton.

Charlie Sutton played just 173 games for Footscray between 1942 and 1956, but will be remembered as one of the finest players to don the red, white and blue.

Starting his career as a rover or at half-forward, it would be his later days as a backman, that would make him a household name. He also has a special place in football folklore, as he's the only captain and the only coach to help the Dogs to a flag, which occurred in 1954.

His other achievements include:

• 3rd place in the 1950 Brownlow Medal
  • Footscray's Best and Fairest winner in 1950
  • Footscray's equal leading goalkicker in 1951
  • Footscray's captain from 1951-1956
  • Footscray's coach from 1951-1957 and again from 1967-1968
  • He also represented Victoria 18 times, kicking 2 goals
  • Is a member of Footscray's "Team of the Century" as both a back-pocket player and as the coach
  • Is a member of the AFL Hall of Fame

Plus, he also now has a medal named after him. Each year, the Western Bulldogs Best and Fairest winner is awarded the "Charles Sutton Medal".  :)

Well, with that fixed up, c4v3m4n's Titans now look like this:

FB:  Bernie Smith, Jack Regan, Vic Thorp
HB: Ron Clegg, Ted Whitten, Geof Motley
C:  _____, _____, _____
HF:  Dermott Brereton, Royce Hart, Stephen Kernahan
FF:  Bernie Naylor, Austin Robertson Jnr, George Doig
Followers:  Gary Dempsey, Jack Dyer, Len Fitzgerald
I/C:   Jim Stynes, Bernie Quinlan, Charlie Sutton, _____

RiOtChEsS

B: Andrew McLeod, Matthew Pavlich, Sam Fisher
HB: Brendon Goddard, Glen Jackovich, Luke Hodge
C: Adam Goodes, Michael Voss, Scott Pendlebury
HF: Steve Johnson, Matthew Richardson, Lance Franklin
FF: Darren Jarman, Tony Lockett, Matthew Lloyd
Followers: Aaron Sandilands, Mark Ricciuto, Paul Chapman
Bench _____, ______, ______, _______

c4v3m4n

??? Say whaaaat?

Scott Pendlebury, an all-time great? Maybe in 2030...

What's your game Marcz? What's your game....

RiOtChEsS

wouldve thought it to be fairly evident now :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Marcz on July 28, 2011, 01:05:24 AM
wouldve thought it to be fairly evident now :P

Evident to some perhaps...

Pothead is skipped again. Hulmie is up. :D

Hulmie

Sid I picked Merv MacIntosh already aswell

AFEV

Quote from: Hulmie on July 28, 2011, 09:20:56 AM
Ha! So you did.
It would seem I was searching for MacIntosh not McIntosh and didn't come across him :S
Well this is awkward as Sutton was picked :P

I'll do another write up in a moment.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on July 28, 2011, 10:58:27 AM
Quote from: Hulmie on July 28, 2011, 09:20:56 AM
Ha! So you did.
It would seem I was searching for MacIntosh not McIntosh and didn't come across him :S
Well this is awkward as Sutton was picked :P

I'll do another write up in a moment.

Awkward indeed....  :-\

AFEV

Pick number 18 is:
Bob Hank

Bob Hank will forever be remembered for his outstanding State Record, his somewhat baffling evasive skills and being one of the best ball users the game has ever seen.
Over a superb 224 game career with West Torrens Hank won back to back Magarey Medals in 46-47, 9 best and fairests (including 6 in a row!), Selection in the first AA team ever, 2 Premierships, 27 State Games - some of which he captained, SANFL HoF, AFL HoF and the list goes on.
He also displayed immense courage and great leadership skills over his 9 season stint skippering West Torrens, and was thrice selected to be captain of SA.

B: Tom Mackenzie, David Dench, Jack Tredrea
HB: Bruce Doull, Dan Moriarty, Frank Jenkins
C: Keith Greig (vc), Bill Walker, Wayne Schimmelbush
HF: Stephen Michael, Wayne Carey, Bob Hank (c)
FF:Walter Henry 'Dick' Lee, Jason Dunstall, Laurie Nash
Followers: Simon Madden, Bill Hutchison, Steve Marsh

I/C: ______, ______, ______, ______