0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

elephants

C4 then me and my smokey!!!!!

c4v3m4n

My next pick my seem like an odd one, but he's an awesome one when you think about it ;)

For my 15th pick in the draft, I choose...

Gary Dempsey.

Gary Dempsey is considered to be one of the greatest ruckman of all time.

He started his career in 1967 with Footscray and in 1969 he was told by doctors he would never play football ever again from burns he sustained to 50% of his body from a bushfire. :( Despite this, he came back and then racked up this enormous list of achievements:

• 207 games and 122 goals for Footscray (1967-1978) and 122 games and 39 goals for North Melbourne (1979-1984)
  • Brownlow Medallist in 1975 and runner up in 1970
  • Seven-time best and fairest winner (6 for Footscray in 1970 and between 1973 and 1977, 1 for North in 1979)
  • Captain of Footscray from 1971-1972 and again between 1977-1978
  • AFL Hall of Fame Member
  • Member of North Melbourne and Footscray's "Team of the Century"

But what makes this man truly remarkable is that he hold's the VFL/AFL record for the most Brownlow votes polled to date. He finished in the top 10 an astonshing 13 times! :o

Like Austin Robertson, I found some statistics I thought I'd share with you...

• 38 disposals, 14 marks, 28 hit outs (Footscray v North, Round 1, 1978)
  • 33 disposals, 15 marks, 42 hit outs (North v Footscray, Round 5, 1980)
  • 26 disposals, 16 marks, 56 hit outs (North v Melbourne, Round 17, 1982)
  • 18 disposals, 11 marks, 63 hit outs (North v Hawthorn, Round 16, 1982)

And my favourite: 40 disposals, 22 marks, 29 hit outs (North v Essendon, Round 12, 1980). The opposing ruckmen at the time? Peter Keenan, Stephen Taubert and a young bloke named Simon Madden.  :o Probably the greatest statistical game ever by a ruckman.

There's your next Legend in the Hall of Fame IMO.

Yep, with Dempsey in the side, Stynes is moved to the bench as second ruckman. With statistics and achievements like that, I knew I had to have him. An awesome member for c4v3m4n's Titans. BTW, the team now looks like:

FB:  Smith, Regan, Thorp
HB:  _____, Clegg, Motley
C:  _____, _____, _____
HF:  Brereton, Hart, Kernahan
FF:  Naylor, Doig, Robertson Jr.
Followers:  Dempsey, Dyer, Whitten
I/C:   Stynes, _____, _____, _____

Boomz

flower you flower you flower you! was my next pick >:(

c4v3m4n

So, we even on the whole stealing Titus from me?  :P

Boomz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 20, 2011, 11:10:25 PM
So, we even on the whole stealing Titus from me?  :P

We were even when you took Robertson  >:( :P

c4v3m4n

Oh, yeah.  :P

If only you know who I was going to pick next.

elephants

With my initial ruckmen in Dempsey being stolen by c4 I'll be going with....

JOHN SAMMY NEWMAN!!!!

1997 â€" Newman's 25 year old girlfriend, Leonie Jones, drove his own car into him outside his house, breaking his leg and an ankle.[9]
1999 â€" On The Footy Show Newman blacked up his face to impersonate indigenous footballer Nicky Winmar, at a time when racial vilification charges were being levelled at certain AFL players.[10]
2005 â€" A female fan broke a window whilst trying to break in to his Brighton house.[9]
2008 â€" Mocking television personality and The Age writer Caroline Wilson regarding how she was dressed on Footy Classified three days earlier by bringing a mannequin model onto stage and stapling a cardboard cut-out of Wilson on the face of the model and 'experimenting' with different outfits. Newman then recklessly moved the model about.[11] Wilson brought the issue up on Footy Classified the following Monday, telling of her disappointment to Newman's co-star Garry Lyon.[12]
2009 â€" The Nine Network and Newman were sued for defamation by a female board member of the Western Bulldogs football team after he said on air that she was a "liar" and "hypocrite". They settled for $220,000 plus costs.[13]
2009 â€" 17 September. During the Footy Show broadcast Newman likened a Malaysian man to a monkey, being "not long out of the forest". The Australian Communications and Media Authority ruled Newman was likely to have "provoked severe ridicule on the basis of the man's colour and race." Newman's employer channel Nine has offered to donate $200,000 to charity in the event of any future code breach and had "agreed to a number of other provisions in the enforceable undertaking, including significant senior management overview of the materials to be used by Mr Newman and a broad-ranging reporting regime and training obligation".[14]
2010 - 30 June. Newman was criticized for disrespect to Aboriginal beliefs when he revealed on a radio show that he had hit a golf ball off the summit of Uluru.[15]

Oh wait! They aren't his achievements they're his controversial moments.
Oh well 300 games and 110 goals for the cats.
He's my ruckmen.
My team name is...
Elephant's Elephants

c4v3m4n

Quote from: elephants on July 21, 2011, 12:57:33 AM
With my initial ruckmen in Dempsey being stolen by c4 I'll be going with....

I didn't steal him. You could have picked him earlier... :P

RiOtChEsS

elephants

Hah yeah I know c4 ;)

Yeah Marcz I needed a ruckmen quick smart after Dempsey went :)

RiOtChEsS

i was referring to his list of not so achievements ;D

dont mind the pick at all ;)

elephants

Haha oh yeah. Quite a list to hahaha ;D

AFEV

Don't fret everyone I can still see 2 ruckmen in the class of Dempsey, Madden, Dyer etc.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on July 21, 2011, 08:44:07 AM
Don't fret everyone I can still see 2 ruckmen in the class of Dempsey, Madden, Dyer etc.

Don't forget Stynes! Plus, 2 of the ones you've listed are mine! ;)

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 21, 2011, 11:02:41 AM
Quote from: Sid on July 21, 2011, 08:44:07 AM

Don't forget Stynes! Plus, 2 of the ones you've listed are mine! ;)
Wow just realised you picked 3 ruckmen o.O
I have a third as well but I'm hoping to pick him up down the track :P
I just thought of a 4th. :P