Trade Period?

Have a trade period
0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

CrowsFan

Wondering when he would get taken. He was the argument I used to get it so you could pick players who hadn't played in the vfl/afl. Absolute gun!

Boomz

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 24, 2011, 06:03:53 PM
I have a better ff than that up my sleeve! Pfft!

Who and hows he better? PM me I'm not gonna take him coz I just got my FF lol

Boomz

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 24, 2011, 06:08:18 PM
Wondering when he would get taken. He was the argument I used to get it so you could pick players who hadn't played in the vfl/afl. Absolute gun!

Yep theres some amazing players that have never played VFL/AFL. SANFL & WAFL were major competitions in those days like the VFL.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 24, 2011, 06:20:01 PM

Yep theres some amazing players that have never played VFL/AFL. SANFL & WAFL were major competitions in those days like the VFL.

Don't tell everyone that! Now they'll be searching for them....  :-X

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on June 24, 2011, 07:05:29 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on June 24, 2011, 06:20:01 PM

Don't tell everyone that! Now they'll be searching for them....  :-X
So they should! We'd look like idiots if we came out of this and missed some of the guys who played there, they were superstars and I have already seen half a dozen players who should have been picked by now. Suppose we will all clean up :)

Cookie Monster

I am picking the Gentle Giant!

he was riddled by injury early in his career.

Gordon 'Roy' Wright

Brownlow Medallist 1952, 1954
Richmond Best and Fairest 1951, 1952, 1954, 1957
Richmond Captain 1958-1959
Interstate Games:- 18
All Australian: 1956
Richmond - Team of the Century
Richmond - Hall of Fame - inducted 2002
AFL Hall of Fame

AFEV

Not bad at all CM 8)
My picks will be up soon.

AFEV

OK, my third pick is...
Simon Madden

With Dyer, Farmer & Nicholls gone there is absolutely NO doubt in my mind this man is the next best ruckman. In my opinion, there is Nicholls & Farmer, then a big gap, followed by Madden & Dyer and then another big gap.
He was rated highly by everyone, Alan Jeans used to get his players to try and wrestle with Simon to tire him - It didn't work.

He was a big man with a big tank and a big heart, a member of Essendon's Team Of The Century, and the team that went back to back in 84-85 winning a Norm Smith medal in the 85 Grand Final.
He was the leading goalkicker for The Dons 1980, 82 & 91, and the B&F in 77, 79, 83 & 84.
To this day he holds the record for most games played as a Don, overtaking King Dick, and was also the clubs all time leading goalkicker until Matthew Lloyd overtook him in 2003.

B: ______, ______, ______
HB: ______, ______, ______
C:______, ______, ______
HF: ______, Wayne Carey, ______
FF:______, Jason Dunstall, ______
Followers: Simon Madden, ______, ______

bomberboy0618

His my 3rd cousin, and we share the same last name lol.

AFEV

Pick number 4 is...
Bruce Doull

One of the most poised players ever to grace the football field, Bruce Doull always kept a cool head, unless you took his headband of course ;)
Royce Hart rates him as the best player he ever played against, this alone shows Bruce was as tough as he was classy. He played in 4 flags with the Blues, and played over 350 games.
He was named in both the Carlton Team Of The Century & the AFL Team Of The Century.

B: ______, ______, ______
HB: ______, Bruce Doull, ______
C:______, ______, ______
HF: ______, Wayne Carey, ______
FF:______, Jason Dunstall, ______
Followers: Simon Madden, ______, ______

Boomz

AFEV

Well I was looking through books/internet and HB/CHB & ruck were the 2 positions that fell off very quickly so I thought I'd sneak those in :P

Cookie Monster

Carlton Best and Fairest 1971, 1972
Carlton premierships 1972, 1979
All-Australian 1980
Carlton Team of the Century
Victorian representative (16 games, 0 goals)

Geoff Southby.

Arguably the greatest full back to play the game.

FB: ____, Geoff Southby, _____
HB: _____,______,_______
C: _____,______,______
HF:_____, Gordon Coventry, ______
FF: ______, John Coleman, _____
Foll: Roy Wright, _____, ______

AFEV

Damn, I knew I should have picked him :'(

Cookie Monster

tehehehehehe

well if you did i was gonna pick doull