Trade Period?

Have a trade period
0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

c4v3m4n

Players like Fletcher, Judd, Franklin and Gablett (who have been picked already) are definitely greats of the modern era and I too would question whether they truly belong in these teams.

That said, Buckley, Riccuito and Hird are all members of their clubs respective "Team of the Century".... (or in Adelaide's case "Team of the Decade")

Boomz

I'm not complaining :P If people want to take them this early it just helps me :P

c4v3m4n

'Spose I better think about my pick as it'll be my turn soon! :D

AFEV

Whether it is a good choice to select them can certainly be argued, whether they deserve to be - So far I'd say no, or at least nut until we had already made 180-200 picks.
People like Jakovich, Matera, Riccuito, Hird, Buckley, Harvey, Voss - they will probably be picked, and be deserving of said picks.

Still it is certainly interesting to see who is overlooked, especially some of the players from the SANFL/WAFL who are considered to be better than some of the VFL/AFL greats. I won't name names, I intend to pick them myself if I can, but as I said, things like this will always be debated.

pothead

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 23, 2011, 10:07:56 PM
For a modern day backman reckon one guy has it over Fletch in the Key Back department sadly......
yea i think i know who i realised after i picked.

elephants

I personally reckon that gazz (like his old fella) is in a completely different class...
You said one of my picks there Sid, I won't say who or when he'll be picked up by me hopefully.

RiOtChEsS

Glen Jackovich regularly blanketed the greatest best CHF of all time, so whoever u got we r shutting him down >:(
in 18 meetings he held Carey to averages of 6 marks, 14 disposals and 2.1 goals per game

B: ______, ______, ______
HB: ______, Jackovich, ______
C:______, ______, ______
HF: ______, Buddy, ______
FF:______, Plugger, ______
Followers: ______, ______, ______

elephants

Dammit Marc that was one of my Picks I had lined up... :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: elephants on June 23, 2011, 11:51:09 PM
Dammit Marc that was one of my Picks I had lined up... :)
had to lock him down, was thinking waiting until next round but...
i wouldve kicked the shower out myself had he not made it back to me :P

elephants

Yeah he was an absolute star. So good for the backline to have him there.

RiOtChEsS

i actually feared Sid would nab him too to elevate and compliment Carey...

i think its Sid that has the Carey Dunstall duo :-\

elephants

Yeah that's who Sid has.
Come on c4 ;)

Boomz

AFEV

Quote from: Marcz on June 24, 2011, 12:09:34 AM
i actually feared Sid would nab him too to elevate and compliment Carey...

i think its Sid that has the Carey Dunstall duo :-\
That I do. Feel free to put Jako on Carey, but Jason will still explode and kick 17 ;)
I had planned to do exactly that Marcz, but only if he slipped another 2-3 rounds. I'd just put him in the pocket as I have another CHB who I think i better ;)
Neither can I Boomzie D:

elephants

At least we will get through a few picks quickly with boomz and Sid as well as myself all being on right now :)