Trade Period?

Have a trade period
0 (0%)
Don't Have a trade period
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM

bomberboy0618

Awesome. Hard as decision, but I will take Bobby Skillton.

RiOtChEsS

wooooah this draft flew along in the last couple of hours... love it :P

CrowsFan

Haha I had an economics teacher called Hadyn Bunton!

elephants

The Little Master Gary Ablett Jnr

Brownlow Medallist
Premiership Medallion
Inaguaral GC skipper
Lock in skipper for DT despite playing with 18 year olds
202 games, 262 goals, 212 behinds
Absolute star!

elephants

Oh and add the best fullback of all time Stephen Silvagni as Sid says i missed a turn!

sorry guys !

B:___, Silvagni,____
HB:___,______,____
C:_____,_____,_____
HF:_____,_____,_____
F______,_____,_____
Ruck:____,____,Gazza Jnr

Interchange
_______
_______
_______
_______

elephants

Keen, i get it now :)

i have a few sneaky picks i want to throw in ;D

AFEV

Awesome picks there El 8)
SOS will be great, holding down the fort. GAJ also a great pick, accomplished so much and the one thing his father couldn't - A couple of premiership medallions!

elephants

Quote from: Sid on June 20, 2011, 11:37:39 PM
Awesome picks there El 8)
SOS will be great, holding down the fort. GAJ also a great pick, accomplished so much and the one thing his father couldn't - A couple of premiership medallions!

Yeah i thought i'd grab SOS as i'm not overly familiar with dominant FB.
If i understand correctly is it now c4v3m4n's turn?

AFEV

Yep it is :)
I have another FB in mind, had to do some research as I knew SOS wouldn't reach me if I didn't take him first round.

elephants

If i didn't get SOS it would have been a different football player. By no means is he a pushover but SOS is slightly better.

Boomz

Best not to mention names of undrafted players :P

elephants

Oh yeah, scratch that. You didn't see anything....
;)

c4v3m4n

My turn!  ;D

And for my second pick....with John Nicholls and Polly Farmer gone...I choose...

Captain Blood.

Jack Dyer played 312 games for Richmond, being voted the club's best and fairest player in 1932, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, and 1946. He played in seven Grand Finals for two premierships in 1934 and 1943, one as captain and playing coach of the side.

Dyer was a ruckman; and, at 6'1" (185 cm), he was not particularly tall for that position, even in that era.

He'll always be remembered for his physical and ferocious style of play; at times he'd collect his own team mates just to gather the ball. This style of play according to Dyer himself, was attributed to a knee injury he suffered early in his career.

Later in his career he was played up forward where he'd go on to kick 443 goals.

Other achievements Dyer collected in his long career included:

• Richmond's Leading Goalkicker in 1947, 1948
  • He played 18 games for Victoria including captaining the side in 1941 and 1949
  • He is a member of not only Richmond's Team of the Century but the AFL's Team of the Century too
  • He was also inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame in 1996 as a "Legend"

A great fit for my team. A legend and a potential killer.  :D

Yeah, believe it or not, this guy almost killed a player back in 1947.  :o During a game, he collected a Melbourne player called Frank Hanna, instantly knocking him out. The medics checked his pulse and Hanna was covered with a blanket, including his head, and was carried off on a stretcher. Turns out he was fine, just greatly concussed. What's even more amazing is, that Dyer thought he'd killed him up until he asked the medics at 3/4 time.

Your teams better watch out!   >:(

AFEV

Splendid pick. I can't sleep. Stupid coffee :(

c4v3m4n

I'm always up late. Can't wait for my next pick now! :D