Shiels or Mitchell?

Started by someguy, June 15, 2011, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Shiels
Mitchell

someguy

Which one is the better pick up?

I would usually say Mitchell but Shiels has done enough to convince me that he's a viable option as a 6th mid given his 105 average so far this year, and this, coupled with Mitchells inability to deal with a tag (scored 61 vs the saints and 79 vs the swans, plus 11 points(?) in the second half vs the dogs), has me strongly considering Shiels ahead of Mitchell.

Thoughts?

thatguy

i dont mind it. mitchell is an out and out gun tho

Windigo

I will pick up one either Shiels or Mitchell.

You won't lose either way. Shiels looks like he can crack bigger scores because he won't get tagged.

Mitchy is cheaper.

someguy

Quote from: thatguy on June 15, 2011, 04:22:13 PM
i dont mind it. mitchell is an out and out gun tho

yep absolute gun and I had planned to trade him in at some point however as league is my main focus his run home worries me a little: Port, Carlton, Bulldogs and GC. Mitchell typical struggles against the Power, usually copping to Cornes tag. He managed to avoid it earlier this year but carved Port up so they are likely to asign someone to him. Also earlier this year, Mitchell was on 93 at halftime against the dogs but only managed 10 second half points when Cross (i think..) was moved onto him. Shiels on the other hand wont have any tags to worry about thanks to Mitchell, Hodge and Rioli. I really can't split them!

Windigo

Only worry with Shiels is can he keep it up for the next half.

But he doesn't look like slowing down......Shiels will be an ultra unique. i would look at Redden, I have him.  ;D

bundyboy

this year so far has given us plenty of surprises = traditional premiums playing like crap, and young guns stepping up....

miitchell v's shiels is exactly this dillemma....

proven traditional gun who might struggle with a tag sometimes agains the new young gun who may or may not be able to keep it going for the next 11 rounds....

great dilemma - and i'm not sure of the answer either...but I do neeed to try figure it out now that mundy is dead to me....

Prospector_1

Shiels is getting a lot of tackles. That's v. good news in Fantasy Footy.
Averages 20 vs. Mitchell's 6!