1st year and need some help on what trades to make!

Started by Jay, June 15, 2011, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

yaz should score well on the wide grounds.  his still got a low BE, so sideways him off before his bye in round 23, and make use of his scoring potential.

prestia > callinan should give you about 200k.

which is more than enough for 2 upgrades, for yarran and maybe a midfielder like cotchin

important game for carlton.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on August 09, 2011, 10:50:52 AM
yaz should score well on the wide grounds.  his still got a low BE, so sideways him off before his bye in round 23, and make use of his scoring potential.

prestia > callinan should give you about 200k.

which is more than enough for 2 upgrades, for yarran and maybe a midfielder like cotchin

important game for carlton.
Ok prestia-->callinan sounds good! It would be handy to have $$& to work with come finals!

charliesheen

finger crossed Sandilands smashes last 4 weeks for your POD.

Jay

Jay

Just thinking about it...im thinking the trade spent on bringing callinan in for prestia would be better used elsewhere?!? Not this werk but for later on!

Im gonna try and save 4 trades for rnds 23,24 as i have a feeling i will be needing to sideways trade a few players due to injuries/restings/tribunal!?! If you think about it gibbs & yarran are automatic sideways trades so their goes my trades for rnd23 and for the granny it be a great advantage to have 2 trades in hand!

Only concern is when I sideways yarran because he isnt quite in premium price range yet but ill work something out :)

So yeh i think ill just hold until the last 2 rnds

Cheers

charliesheen

i would do the downgrade now, and maximize the cash from Prestia.

don't underestimate having cash in hand for the future.  will allow you to do 2 sideways trade in 1 go later on with extra cash.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on August 10, 2011, 01:40:17 AM
i would do the downgrade now, and maximize the cash from Prestia.

don't underestimate having cash in hand for the future.  will allow you to do 2 sideways trade in 1 go later on with extra cash.
Hmmmm good point but im not sure :/

Jay

Pro's of doing prestia-->callinan:
I have 200k in the bank
I can UPGRADE yarran instead of a sideways
I can actually improve my team instead of just sidewaysing (if thats a word ;)

Con's doing prestia>callinan:
I will only have 1 trade after trading yarran & giibs
Depending on injuries/rests/tribunal i mite not have my strongest team on the park due to lack of trades

I think im leaning towards holding becuase im not comfortable. Only having 1 trade for the granny!!! But i suppose i have to get there first!!!

Jay

charliesheen

I still think your fine.  Bailey should be good for 70+ against Port Adelaide, which is more than adequate.  If you did want to make a move the most obvious trade would be Sandilands > McEvoy, thats if you think his finished.  Lets say Freo lose to Carlton, their top 8 chances are finished, so I would assume they are just going to put Sandilands in cotton wool.  It may not hurt to make this move now.... its up to you.

He has to use 2 trades to fix his rucks, with Sandi and probably Smith out.

Sandilands, Petrie <Smith, Derickx>

Sandilands > McEvoy & Petrie > someone else

Pretty sure he will be grabbing McEvoy, so if you wanna eliminate the POD, and swallow your pride on Sandi, you could do the same thing.

Jay

Ill hold sandi i think...i hope he does get named even though it is unlikely but i agree with you, if they lose to carlton i dont think they will risk sandi! Lets GO dockers!!! Well if i win this week i have until round 23 to make a decision on him...and if he doesnt play them im GONE because i have to trade out gibbs and yarran as well!

I think the ??? Over sandi eliminates the chance of the prestia-->callinan trade then because i would have usesd up the trades on gibbs yarran and sandi!!!

Oh the dilemmas of sc hey!

charliesheen

thats a very valid point you make.

like i said 50/50 call.  personally i would probably lean towards pulling the trigger.  imagine if they put fyfe on ice that would cause havoc!

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on August 10, 2011, 06:21:30 PM
imagine if they put fyfe on ice that would cause havoc!
wouldnt worry me!!!

Im leaning towards holding

charliesheen

if hold back this week, you could also grab goldstein next week too!  assuming sandi is finished.

Jay

Sandi named! Hope they play him or rest of year!

Thoughts on trades now???