1st year and need some help on what trades to make!

Started by Jay, June 15, 2011, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

ok priddis trade sounds great

But jroo is interesting... if i traded to rok/fyfe how much points is it really earning because i will end up starting mzungu over jroo anyway???

Also 5 trades??? Wanted 6 gng into finals but i can see u talking me out of it :)

Jay

Also would prefer gng jroo-->franklin this week

And in a couple of weeks according to the tooserious salary calculator ablett should be at 500,000...i would have 540,000 after the jroo trade

I think the ablett/franklin combo is stronger than the one u listed

Ringo

Your decision I was only following up on the idea you wished to trade J Roo previously
Some Facts
J Roo last 3 game average 68 last 5 game average 69
Mzungu last 3 game average 93 Last 5 game average 84
So by starting Mzungu over J Roo say 25ppg.
However by upgrading J Roo
ROK last 3 game average 112 last 5 game average 113 ROK $477800
Fyfe last 3 game average 116 last 5 game average 109 Fyfe $452500
Franklin last 3 game average 95 last 5 game average 96 Franklin $439700
So effectively upgrading J Roo to ROK or Fyfe you would be effectively gaining nearly 50ppg.
Whilst Franklin has the capacity to score big he is also very inconsistent as can be seen by averages.

You need to watch this week though as you have Cyril to cover also.

If you want your six trades for finals and are confident of finishing top 4 then maybe just do the Priddis trade or hold of all together if you are set on Ablett

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on July 11, 2011, 09:01:22 PM
Your decision I was only following up on the idea you wished to trade J Roo previously
Some Facts
J Roo last 3 game average 68 last 5 game average 69
Mzungu last 3 game average 93 Last 5 game average 84
So by starting Mzungu over J Roo say 25ppg.
However by upgrading J Roo
ROK last 3 game average 112 last 5 game average 113 ROK $477800
Fyfe last 3 game average 116 last 5 game average 109 Fyfe $452500
Franklin last 3 game average 95 last 5 game average 96 Franklin $439700
So effectively upgrading J Roo to ROK or Fyfe you would be effectively gaining nearly 50ppg.
Whilst Franklin has the capacity to score big he is also very inconsistent as can be seen by averages.

You need to watch this week though as you have Cyril to cover also.

If you want your six trades for finals and are confident of finishing top 4 then maybe just do the Priddis trade or hold of all together if you are set on Ablett
I have top spot in the bag in my main league so thinkning ill keep the faith in jroo and just upgrade iles-->ablett in a couple of weeks

Ringo

Depending on change in values will leave you around 125k after Iles to Ablett.
Although you want 6 trades for finals you may wish to take advantage of rookies on bubble in the next few weeks especially Callinan who is only $91700 for forward mid downgrade.

Jay

Yeh prestia/smith-->callinan sounds good!

If u were in my position (undefeated in league and averaging 50ppg more than 2nd) would you do the jroo trade as well???

Thanks

Ringo

Only if you had enough cash to spare after Ablett who obviusly will score a lot higher than any one else. If I went Ablett I would probably use J Roo as protection against injury and byes and then look at the upgrade for finals.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on July 12, 2011, 01:04:19 PM
Only if you had enough cash to spare after Ablett who obviusly will score a lot higher than any one else. If I went Ablett I would probably use J Roo as protection against injury and byes and then look at the upgrade for finals.
Ok so i think i will hold onto the jroo trade until I know that i can upgrade him and get ablett. Remember jroo would just be my f7/8 because im upgrading yarran come finals hopefully and ill start mzungu over jroo most weeks

Thoughts??

Jay

Ok guys im still undefeated in my league and i have $330,000 and 7 trades remaining

My team is:

Fisher goddard enright newman gibbs deledio lower__mckernan puopolo buckley
Swan pendles boyd s.thommo cotchin sylvia__prestia jacobs iles
Sandi cox__lobbe bailey
Pav n.roo murphy cyril goodes jroo yarran__mzungu i.smith c.richo

Thoughts on what trades to make either this week or in the future???

Ringo

Watched the Suns/Richmond game on the weekend and obviusly J Roo is not 100% Twice he kicked for goal of no more than 2 steps and sprayed it, does not appear to be able to leap like he has in the past so I would be seriusly considering upgrading him now. (I know this contracdicts my last advice but this was the first time I had seem play for a while.) Going into finals I do not think you can have the luxury of both Roos underperforming.
I would still keep the Isles GAJ trade up your sleeve as Gazz has a predicted 233 B/e this week and Iles 56 so again by holding off you could gain some cash.
However this week I would definitely be looking at Buckley to Talia (Talia is on the bubble 2 scores 92, 81) and Buckley not in the pies team at the moment.  Gains another $150k for your upgrades.
If you did Buckley to Talia and J Roo to ROK or Fyfe this week you would still have around $320k for the Iles Ablet upgrade in future weeks.
These trades will then leave you 4 for finals and LTI

Jay

Wow thanks for the help!

I dont think i can go into finals with both roo's and yarran and jroo is definitely the worst performing one out of the 3 so it seems he has to go! Thinking jroo-->buddy??

Then when iles hits his ceiling and gaj bottoms out I will go iles-->ablett! Thoughts?

Im not sure whether i like the buckley trade tho??? Swapping him and jacobs gives me great flexibility!

And i want 5 trades minimum going into finals so i would preferably like to do these 2 upgrades then be done with trading until finals!

charliesheen

sounds good.  might be worth holding onto buckley, especially with Shaw now out of the team.

Quote from: Jayman on July 18, 2011, 05:08:33 PM
Wow thanks for the help!

I dont think i can go into finals with both roo's and yarran and jroo is definitely the worst performing one out of the 3 so it seems he has to go! Thinking jroo-->buddy??

Then when iles hits his ceiling and gaj bottoms out I will go iles-->ablett! Thoughts?

Im not sure whether i like the buckley trade tho??? Swapping him and jacobs gives me great flexibility!

And i want 5 trades minimum going into finals so i would preferably like to do these 2 upgrades then be done with trading until finals!

Jay

yeh i can see buckley stringing some games together now Heath 'idiot' Shaw is out!

thinking that as Yarran has the finals bye should I flick him and keep jroo???

charliesheen

Quote from: Jayman on July 18, 2011, 05:51:18 PM
yeh i can see buckley stringing some games together now Heath 'idiot' Shaw is out!

definitely flick Jroo, his body is not right.

how much cash left over, after upgrading Jroo to Franklin.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on July 18, 2011, 05:53:59 PM
Quote from: Jayman on July 18, 2011, 05:51:18 PM

definitely flick Jroo, his body is not right.

how much cash left over, after upgrading Jroo to Franklin.
$211,800