1st year and need some help on what trades to make!

Started by Jay, June 15, 2011, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

With syvia and enright out as well as ablett and sandi should i change my trade strategy?

Also u still think gregory is the best option???

Chheers

charliesheen

I don't think you need to change anything.  Keep Lower mate.

Def: goddard gibbs deledio lower BROUGHTON/BIRCHALL fisher puopolo <ENRIGHT, MURPHY, jacobs>
mid: swan pendles mzungu scottyT buckley cotchin <prestia, BOYD, ABLETT>
Ruc: bailey cox <lobbe sandilands>
for: pav nroo buddy goodes SYLVIA cyril yarran <mckernan richo i.smith (E)>

I have a feeling Sylvia, might be a 'late in' so I suggest you start him and have I. Smith emergency. 

Jay

Thanks CS!

I think broughton is 80k better than birchall but...is he 120k better than johncock?

Cheers!

Jay

charliesheen

Quote from: Jayman on August 05, 2011, 08:44:24 PM
Went broughton!

went back to defense... could be the corkie from last week, but who knows!

Jay

Jay

Ok guys i dont think i need to trade this week...hoping to keep the 4 trades i have until rnds 23,24!

So here is my team that finished 1st in league (vsing crawf this week) 5.5k and 4 trades

Def: goddard gibbs deledio enright broughton fisher murphy <lower(E) puopolo buckley>
mid: swan pendles ablett scottyT boyd cotchin <prestia jacobs mzungu(E)>
Ruc: sandi cox <lobbe bailey>
for: pav nroo buddy goodes sylvia cyril yarran <mckernan richo i.smith(E)>

Ringo

In the league I am in Crawf finished 8th and is playing my brother who finished 5th so you may have an ok match so as you say hold your trades. However if by chance you loose to Crawf I would be trading next week.

charliesheen

Quote from: Jayman on August 08, 2011, 06:18:33 PM
Ok guys i dont think i need to trade this week...hoping to keep the 4 trades i have until rnds 23,24!

So here is my team that finished 1st in league (vsing crawf this week) 5.5k and 4 trades

Def: goddard gibbs deledio enright broughton fisher murphy <lower(E) puopolo buckley>
mid: swan pendles ablett scottyT boyd cotchin <prestia jacobs mzungu(E)>
Ruc: sandi cox <lobbe bailey>
for: pav nroo buddy goodes sylvia cyril yarran <mckernan richo i.smith(E)>

whats crawfs team look like.

Ringo

This is Crawfs Team in my league so assuming it is the same pending trades of course and 2 weeks ago he said he only had 5 so maybe getting short.

Backs: Goddard, Fisher, Lids, Grundy, Lower, Broadbent, Pederson ,Tom Murphy,Hibberd, Toy
Centres: Pendles, Judd, Marc Murphy, Ablett, Fyfe, Cotchin, McKenzie. Libba, Isaac Smith
Rucks: Petrie, Smith, Sandi, Derryck
Forwards: Goodes, Franklin, Jack Roo, Rioli, Darling, Hurley, Ballantyne, Prestia, Matera, Richardson

So if Crawf has the same team in Jaymans League you can see why no trades necessary.  Jayman maybe confirm Crawfs Team to Charlie.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on August 08, 2011, 09:04:42 PM
This is Crawfs Team in my league so assuming it is the same pending trades of course and 2 weeks ago he said he only had 5 so maybe getting short.

Backs: Goddard, Fisher, Lids, Grundy, Lower, Broadbent, Pederson ,Tom Murphy,Hibberd, Toy
Centres: Pendles, Judd, Marc Murphy, Ablett, Fyfe, Cotchin, McKenzie. Libba, Isaac Smith
Rucks: Petrie, Smith, Sandi, Derryck
Forwards: Goodes, Franklin, Jack Roo, Rioli, Darling, Hurley, Ballantyne, Prestia, Matera, Richardson

So if Crawf has the same team in Jaymans League you can see why no trades necessary.  Jayman maybe confirm Crawfs Team to Charlie.
Yeh thats what i see! It isnt the worst team but it is quite average! Dont like the uniques of broadbent murphy and ballantyne!

Ill probly hold me trades this week

Cheers fellas!

charliesheen

I'll have a look.  On first look, he is going to really struggle with Petrie and Smith out.

I assume his going to make a trade here.

Ringo

And your bench is way better to cover emergencies.  I think Crawf will be in real trouble in Prelim finals if he does not have 2 or more trades left.  In saying that even with his uniques I can see you covering him will Sandi be back if not possible zero in ruck. With Hibberd and Toy not playing and Pedersen with bye has to rely on Tom Murphy in defence. Mids OK unless one of his prems does not play and forwards while solid not outstanding.

charliesheen

You've got him covered easily

with 4 trades, I would make 1 downgrade now.

Prestia > Callinan (who cares if he doesn't play).

then make your moves in round 23, after you beat crawf.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on August 08, 2011, 10:34:38 PM
You've got him covered easily

with 4 trades, I would make 1 downgrade now.

Prestia > Callinan (who cares if he doesn't play).

then make your moves in round 23, after you beat crawf.
That does sound like a solid trade retaining mpp! I read that callinan was a strong chance for selection this week!!!

Wot about doing yarran-->callinan this week and start mzungu! I would get a lot of money and I would be trading out a player who has a bye in rnd 23?!?