1st year and need some help on what trades to make!

Started by Jay, June 15, 2011, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on July 22, 2011, 03:34:37 PM
Why would you not want to trade now?   imo, doesn't make sense.

You may as well do these trades, as both Franklin and Ablett would have bottomed out in price.   Jack Riewoldt is going to end up as dead weight and will lose more and more $$$

Adding Ablett the following week, will also increase your coverage as you have one spare forward that can act as a floating swing man.

Adding extra coverage is effectively the same as having trades in hands...
sylvia wouldnt be benched??? I would swing sylvia forward for smith then upgrade iles-->ablett

Jroo-->buddy would be an additional upgrade!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Jroo b/e is around 80 and buddy b/e is around 110 so prices wont change much this week
Gaj has a b/e of 200 so can probably wait another couple of weeks!

I have got 1st place sewn up so even if i lose next 2 weeks(which i wont) i will finish first! I have plenty of cash to wait so why not?

Jay

I didnt trade last week which in hindsight was a good move as now i think i will have to trade NEWMAN depending on the time length of his injury

Clear advice please!

Ringo

If you have not got Ablett that is the only trade I would make this week considering he is only $498k,  B/e is 93 so I do not think he will be cheaper.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on July 26, 2011, 07:59:33 PM
If you have not got Ablett that is the only trade I would make this week considering he is only $498k,  B/e is 93 so I do not think he will be cheaper.
REALLY?!?! Even with newman (rumoured out for season) and murphy's injuries and with buddy having a super low b/e as well???

Ringo

Newman has a bye this week so reasoning was you can assess in a week when undoubtedly more will be known about his injury. J Roo also has the bye but if you think Buddy will rise too much in price this week then also do the trade. I would definitely consider Ablett though this week/

charliesheen

You've got 7 trades mate, I just feel you are taking a far too cautious approach.

Would have taken Franklin last week...  and would take Ablett this week.

Jay

Yeh i am being conservative but i know what can happen in the last couple of rounds! Ideally i would like 4 trades for rounds 23 &24 and maybe 1 for the first couple of rounds of finals! Leaving me with about 5 trades for finals leaving 2 Trades to be done between now and finals.

So my options for the 2 trades are: jroo-->buddy...iles-->gaj...newman-->premium defender

Bare in my mind if i dont trade newman lower will become my D7

Advice please thanks :)

charliesheen

Quote from: Jayman on July 27, 2011, 05:56:19 PM
Yeh i am being conservative but i know what can happen in the last couple of rounds! Ideally i would like 4 trades for rounds 23 &24 and maybe 1 for the first couple of rounds of finals! Leaving me with about 5 trades for finals leaving 2 Trades to be done between now and finals.

So my options for the 2 trades are: jroo-->buddy...iles-->gaj...newman-->premium defender

Bare in my mind if i dont trade newman lower will become my D7

Advice please thanks :)

Those trades look fine.  Lower/Buckley should be more than adequate D7.  The D7 is more of a luxury trade at this stage.

Seriously mate 7 trades!   

charliesheen

something like this in a few weeks.  decent team.

fisher goddard enright s. martin gibbs deledio lower <mckernan puopolo buckley>
swan pendles boyd s.thommo cotchin ablett <prestia jacobs mzungu>
sandi cox <lobbe bailey>
pav n.roo murphy cyril goodes franklin sylvia <yarran i.smith c.richo>

could also push murphy down back as D7, and upgrade yarran during finals.

Jay

Cheers CS!

So u suggest 3 trades prior to finals...i know u will say i have plenty of trades so dont worry BUT i listed in my previous post that i wanted 5 trades for finals 1 for the first 2 rounds then 4 for the last 2 rounds so out of the 3 trades i suggested which 2 would you do before finals???

charliesheen

I think these are trades you simply have to do, theres no points in delaying it.

1. The newman trade, definitely move here.
2. Getting an M6 for finals, may as well make a move here while Ablett is bottomed out
3. Addressing the F7 situation, R. Murphy and J. Riewoldt is simply not going to cut it.

All 3 of these trades, have strong merits to do it now, rather than later, before they get expensive.

Honestly, there is absolutely no reason why you can't be competitive in overall, while also winning your leagues. 

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on July 27, 2011, 08:12:14 PM
I think these are trades you simply have to do, theres no points in delaying it.

1. The newman trade, definitely move here.
2. Getting an M6 for finals, may as well make a move here while Ablett is bottomed out
3. Addressing the F7 situation, R. Murphy and J. Riewoldt is simply not going to cut it.

All 3 of these trades, have strong merits to do it now, rather than later, before they get expensive.

Honestly, there is absolutely no reason why you can't be competitive in overall, while also winning your leagues.
I couldnt care less about overall rite now mate my focus is on league

I dont think i can avoid these 3 trades tho...newman-->broughton/suckling/birchall (thoughts please) ...iles-->gaj...jroo/yarran-->buddy

This would leave me with 4 trades max. for finals and IMO a strong team!

Thoughts on all this thanks mate :)

charliesheen

keep yarran, sideways jroo out to franklin.  yarran should average about 85, which is more than adequate for an F8.

iles > ablett is no brainer.

newman > PREMIUM (lots of options here)

broughton will have the highest ceiling out of all of them, but is a bit expensive now, if you have the cash why not.

if your looking at good value, I really like stefan martin.

i've cooled off on both birchall/suckling now, but thats just me.  suckling seems a bit fragile, and birchall will be the first to get a tag.

Jay

Even though i am focused on league i think i should trade this week. Probly just the jroo-->buddy trade as broughton and newmans prces wont change much also yes ablett will rise a lot this week but sam iles still has a low b/e so it isnt worth the trade becoz who know what might happen between now and next week!

I think i like broughton out of the premmy defenders. Im not sold on martin im afraid and i think hawks will rest quite a few of their guns in rnd 24!

Ringo

I would consider the Ablett trade as well this week as he will probably be at his lowest price and B/e is only 93.