1st year and need some help on what trades to make!

Started by Jay, June 15, 2011, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

jroo > franklin AND Iles>montagna is very much on the cards.  Montagna has a TREMENDOUS record against Adelaide, and is coming back into form.

Then Cotchin > ablett once ablett bottoms out.

You could either break-even and waste a sideways trade, or end up laughing, if tag comes home strong to push Saints to top 8.

something to think about....

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on July 18, 2011, 06:12:38 PM
jroo > franklin AND Iles>montagna is very much on the cards.  Montagna has a TREMENDOUS record against Adelaide, and is coming back into form.

Then Cotchin > ablett once ablett bottoms out.

You could either break-even and waste a sideways trade, or end up laughing, if tag comes home strong to push Saints to top 8.

something to think about....
Well i didnt think of trading out cotchin always thoughts he would be a keeper so i woul be trading iles and cotchin-->montgs and ablett...I think cotchin-->montags is a bit sideways and not worth a trade!

Think i will stick to jroo and iles-->buddy and gaj leaving me with 5 trades maxum left for finals! Is this enough??

charliesheen

plenty mate, your in a good position.  your undefeated atm nothing to woorry about!! 

just keep an eye out for tags.  Richmond have a tough draw coming up.

Saints have Adelaide and GC next, he could get back into form and average 110 from here onwards.  which could be about a 10-15 ppg over cotchin.

worst case scenario, he could break even with cotchin. 

it really comes down to whether you think he could turn the corner, and return to his best.  last weeks 150 against West Coast was encouraging

Jay

charliesheen

how many wins is the person coming 2nd have?

jroo > franklin and take the donut in rucks

then iles > ablett (week after)

Jay

Top position is in the bag (3 games ahead)

Now i think about it...is there a point trading until finals as i have top spot????

How would i cop a '0' in my rucks?

charliesheen

ahh forgot you have bailey.

I definitely think you should upgrade Jack Riewoldt, you certainly have the luxury of trades to do so, you may as well do it now that he has bottomed in price.

Next week, would be a good idea to grab another midfielder, and use Sylvia as a swing man to cover suspensions or whatever.

Jay

Haha no worries

So jroo > buddy (is he the best option?) this week

And i was actually thinking mpp'ing mckernan with murphy then i could field sylvia in my forwards??

charliesheen

simply choose best available, and thats going to be Franklin.  his scores are so consistent now as he is not locked @ FF.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on July 20, 2011, 06:49:48 PM
simply choose best available, and thats going to be Franklin.  his scores are so consistent now as he is not locked @ FF.
Will he be rested in round 24????

charliesheen

Cloke & Fyfe are options if you don't have them.

I'm personally replacing Jroo with Cloke, because I already have Franklin.

But come its hard to look pass franklin at his current price and what he is capable of.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on July 20, 2011, 07:20:57 PM
Cloke & Fyfe are options if you don't have them.

I'm personally replacing Jroo with Cloke, because I already have Franklin.

But come its hard to look pass franklin at his current price and what he is capable of.
Ok buddy it is :)

This week or next though???

charliesheen

this week

Fisher goddard enright newman gibbs deledio lower <mckernan puopolo buckley>
Swan pendles boyd s.thommo cotchin sylvia <prestia jacobs iles>
Bailey cox <lobbe sandi>
Pav n.roo i.smith cyril goodes franklin yarran <mzungu murphy c.richo>

note: if you want to upgrade cotchin the week after you may need another downgrade.

next week

Fisher goddard enright newman gibbs deledio lower <mckernan puopolo buckley>
Swan pendles boyd s.thommo cotchin (or replacement, up to you) ablett <prestia jacobs mzungu>
Bailey cox <lobbe sandi>
Pav n.roo murphy cyril goodes franklin yarran <sylvia i.smith c.richo>

Jay

Wow ur advce is super charlie!

I have actually been convincee in another thread not to trade until first week of the finals! As it has been brought to my attention that i would effectively be trading in junktime of my league! So if i can afford to wAit...why not???

charliesheen

Why would you not want to trade now?   imo, doesn't make sense.

You may as well do these trades, as both Franklin and Ablett would have bottomed out in price.   Jack Riewoldt is going to end up as dead weight and will lose more and more $$$

Adding Ablett the following week, will also increase your coverage as you have one spare forward that can act as a floating swing man.

Adding extra coverage is effectively the same as having trades in hands...